Dungeoneering: Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Sorry, should have been more clear: you did smash the floor, but it did not trigger the trap. The skeleton's proximity to the door and/or the weight of the chariot did. You won't know for sure until you clear the obstruction and check it out.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

All my metaknowledge of mushroom people is that if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. So far the only things that have attacked us without provocation are owlbears and skeletons, which are both known for being assholes that you usually can't talk to.

The giant snake gave us advice when we tried talking and left us alone. I'd say I'd rather not rush at the mushroom men but rather leave them in peace.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Well their way is the only way out so were going through tthem peacefully or not. If anyone can make a knowledge check to figure out what they are ill try chatting with them but if no one knows what they are but you dont want to murder them without provocation then we can line up on the far wall with arrows drawn and call to them. If they get violent well shoot but if they're chill we can mime to them. Though last time that ended up getting 3 party members killed.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

If they're hunting for fish then I'll give them a duckbunny.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You still have yet to lasso the duckbunny.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Do any of us know what these things are, like from an intelligence check upon seeing them
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I'll let you let your characters decide if you've ever heard of The-Fungus-That-Walk-Like-Men. That should be more entertaining.
Last edited by Ancient History on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I'd imagine that Gilles knows at least a little about the mushroom folk, since both are natives of the Underdark (at least I assume they are Underdark natives.) They might even trade magic mushrooms and stuff like that with the Drow.

Do any of you think that I should I try casting a carefully worded suggestion (which I get 1/day from being a Drow Priest) if they understand me but seem like they're getting hostile? Nothing indicates that it doesn't work on intelligent plant creatures (only undead are called out as being immune.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Xaxus knows not to fuck with them, and is debating on using a urine soaked rag to filter the contaminates out of the air, like soldiers did in the first world War before gas masks became standard issue.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Man I wish I had that duckbunny to breath in spores for me.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You're allowed to go back and try to catch it.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Naw, don't want to risk the time to do that. In the spirit of AD&D Flintbeard will trudge forward.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

So are we following them or are we trying to find an exit?
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Find an exit
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

* Awesome, Bro! Any good parties this week? I can bring the keg! *

Sorry, had to say it. Carry on.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

In Florida, limited posting. The fungus bro can hear and speak to all of you through the spores, but you can't hear each other through the spores.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

It's fine, midterms have made me post in very limited quantities, too. Gilles' IC reason for being slow to respond totally is isn't a very flimsy justification for a guy with high Dex and Wis (and probably the most knowledge about the Underdark in the party) to be slow to respond to mental communication because I've been busy.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

Lucas is a lightweight when it comes to spores, bro.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

And my wrecking ball
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Do the arrows look like they are causing it structural harm? Is that ascertainable?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Hard to tell at this point; but it's leaking brown stuff from the arrow holes, and that can't be good.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Well ill keep making him leak then. Nothing can leak indefinitely
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

It's on

Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

Sorry about that. I missed AH's prior post because it went up at the same time as my last one. Caught up now, though there's not much for Lucas to do yet.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

So does AD&D have rules for ramming through 2ft tall vegetablemen