[IC]Back to Basics

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani catches Flintbeard's eye as he begins lining up a shot. Slowly he lowers his bow and begrudgingly places it behind his back.
"Alright" Atani grumbles "they might be peaceful so....just kill them for me if they end up murdering me. I'll try and make contact."

Atani carries no weapons as he crosses the water keeping his hands up if possible, when he gets to the mushroom people he will attempt to make peaceful contact by bowing and spreading his hands to both sides. If nothing tries to kill him or calls the guards he'll gesture the others over.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The strange folk look out at Atani, their deep-set eye-spots peaking out from beneath their liver-colored caps. Almost as one, they pull in their catches and head "inland," away from the party. Atani is just outside the range of their spores, though he can see them float on the water, and as a slight breeze flows from the island, he gets a whiff of yeast and rot...
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Wave everyone in, draw my bow but keep it at my side and head after them.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard will make his way towards the nearest exit with the party as the mushroom men are leaving.

*By exit I figure any path that seems to be heading upward, has wind, or any source of light.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan makes a check to see how far underground we are.

After that, he will also try to find an exit (path leading to the surface); might as well cut the time in half.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Dorgan feels they are about twenty-five feet above ground level - although they're still below the dungeon proper, so the actual "surface" is higher than that.

On the island you see a large figure striding from the direction that the fungus-that-walks has gone, walking purposely towards you. It seems to be a particularly large and heavy-set specimen, eight feet tall and about six feet around at the gut, with a vibrant blue cap, and wearing a great blue sarong, necklaces with strange bulbs dangling about it's neck. The movement of its great legs seems to be kicking up the spores around it as it strides towards the shore, changing course so it approaches Atani. It is unarmed.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan stands beside Atani, about 10' away, his weapons sheathed, but ready to be drawn at the first sign of hostility.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Xaxus takes a small sack out of his pack and pours some of his water from his wineskin onto it and wraps the drenched sack around his mouth and neck, then stands 10' behind Atani, scythe in hand but not raised, ready to heal should a fight break out.

Xaxus does not trust the water around him.
Last edited by Hicks on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Once on shore I would like to bow to the creature, then draw a mushroom shape in the dirt. Then draw a human stick figure next to it. Then draw legs and stick figure hand on the mushroom shape and make the mushroom and the human holding hands. Then stand next to my little diagram and offer the monster a handshake.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The great figure halts at the edge of the shore, casting his arms wide, the four-fingered hands spread. Gently, you all feel the almost invisible touch of something land on the skin of your faces...and then you hear a voice within your head.

*Bros. Welcome bros.*
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

Atani thinks the words *Greetings my friend, it is an honor to be at your shore. Perhaps we could talk a while as I have many questions and I imagine you have some as well. Allow me to begin; what do you know about the Elixir of Bros?*
Last edited by Dean on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

*Bro. Welcome Bro. The Water of Bros lies at the Monolith, Bro.*
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles opens his mouth to try greeting the creature in Undercommon, but stops as he hears the voice in his head.

(Does Gilles hear what the voice said to Atani?)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

"Whoa, I can hear him. But he's not talking. Can everyone else hear him?" Lucas asks.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"I certainly hear something. He told me that the Elixir of Bros is at the Monolith, which sounds ominous. Still I see no better path than to follow him to it and see what happens there"

*To the monolith then, lead and I will follow*
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Flintbeard thinks at the big mushroom man "*What is the monolith? How long have your people been here?*
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Bros, be at peace, bros. We talk through the Communion, Brothers-in-Spirit as I talk to my Brothers-in-Spirit-and-Flesh. I am the Elder Brother, bros; I speak for my bros.

Bros, the Monoloith was here when we first spores; it predates our Communion, it lives I the memories of the Eldest Bros before me. It lies at the bottom of the Dry Stairs, which lead up into the beyond. Bad news, bros. The Monolith is guarded-none have tasted the Water of Bros in many cycles of the Communion, bros.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

"I'm willing to head to this monolith and kill whatever's in our way if you all are"

*What guards the Monolith*
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

"I am with Atani, let us murder the guard, for the bros."
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Gilles has largely been mentally quiet due to his surprise at the sudden telepathy and his own caution about creatures with mental powers possibly trying to steal his thoughts (a fear not unheard of among Drow).

Having now gotten over the shock, and having carefully compiled his memories, Gilles nods in agreement to Xaxus and Atani's plan and (unknowingly) seconds Atani's question.
*What is this thing that guards the Monolith? Do you know what it can do? How it came to be? Or any weaknesses that might be used to get past it?*
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sam
Journeyman

Post by Sam »

"Stairs that lead up? Like a stairway to, to heaven, man. We should go up those stairs. Yeah. Up. Stairs. Upstairs." Lucas starts giggling to himself, but is otherwise ready to follow the others to the monolith.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Dorgan is willing to help the bros.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

"You have my ax, bro"
Last edited by OgreBattle on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

"And my scythe. "
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"And my bow, and my sword."