[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Hello, Abysia. Are you interested in agreeing on a tentative border? I'd rather avoid an early war, and I might be willing to make longer term diplomatic agreements.
K
King

Post by K »

Sure, a simple NAP-3 and some some border would be nice. If you didn't go further north until I figure out where you are, I'd be happy.
K
King

Post by K »

Hello Ermor!

It looks like we have a natural border. We should stick to that.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Ikeren wrote:I think I just realized that MA Ermor is one of those pain in the ass to fight, pain in the ass to have in the game teams.
You may have noticed that I said I wanted someone with nature and holy as soon as Hicks declared his intention to play MA Ermor.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Hello Abyssia! I would prefer a border just slightly south. I am prepared to negotiate for it; send me some PMs and we can hash out something mutually beneficial.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I can't quite remember --- can people hide if they read your messages or not on this forum?
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Yes and no. Anyone who knows where C'tis is knows where Abyssia is, and by extension they "know" where I am. I have no idea where Frank is, and would not publicly reveal his location even if I knew, unless I was trying to set him up for invasion and soliciting help. Knowing your position, the position of some neighbors, and the direction of their neighbors, you can kinda suss out where people are, or you can just flood the land with scouts and get a way more accurate information of where everybody is.

You can't* stop people from revealing their information; it is theirs to know and share. Secrets are as powerful in their keeping as their telling, and they are weapons to be used whenever you find it most beneficial in your ultimate goal in this game: to win.

I'm not mad a K, or even Avoraciopoctules; they are experienced players who did what they did to gain an advantage to win the game. Avoraciopoctules did it to advertise to anyone around Abyssia that Abyssia could eventually be double-teamed. K did it because he was revealed and I'm Ermor. It was a calculated move of gamesmanship by two experienced players.

At least I hope it was. If they did it for lulz then... I got nothing.

*Outside of actually killing them and thoroughly searching and scrubbing all of their records, which is kinda excessive and involves way too much effort and risk for the reward of bragging rights that they won a single game, on the internet.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Uh...that wasn't the question I was asking. I mean, if I read a message from someone, it goes from "Outbox" to "Sentbox." And then I was asking if there was a way to prevent that.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

:facepalm: My bad. I was totally thinking you were asking about something else. Why not try posting in About the Gaming Den. Zherog is usually pretty fast at responding and the community response has always been helpful, in my experience.
Last edited by Hicks on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

K wrote:Sure, a simple NAP-3 and some some border would be nice. If you didn't go further north until I figure out where you are, I'd be happy.
I just PMed you with some information, plus a couple questions.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Damnit, why must my Arco MP games inevitably start next to a sacred giant nation?
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Ermor and Abyssia are at war. I am the aggressor.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Is Llamaserver down or something?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Hi, as you'll have noticed, most of the llamaserver games have disappeared, and the server's stopped. Something must have gone wrong!! I'll try to fix it tomorrow (Wednesday) night. I'm very sorry to keep you all waiting. llama
Our game isn't one of the disappeared ones, so I'm not too worried.

edit: And we're back.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Yay us!
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Does anyone care to comment on an ongoing conflict? Abysia/Ermor and Arco/Ashdod are the ones I can see, and I'm curious.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

The Ermorian War of Aggression goes well. All my territorial demands were met by the end of our first winter after Ermor's first and only major victory on the field of battle, and the subsequent blitz of ghouls from arouse hunger.

The primary engagement happened in late winter/early spring with the defeat of a 40 man Abyssian army led by K's Prophet, an Anathamat (sp?) Warlock, and two lesser warlocks. At the time, He took out a little over sixty skeletal legionnaires, but I brought over a hundred and fifty to win the field. My armies are currently encircling his capitol province, surging and staging to get the numbers necessary for a siege on Abyssia proper, but Abyssia is not defanged yet. The red devils have an 80 man army positioned just south of their capitol, probably led by some badass casters/priests, and a bunch of badass casters/priests in their capitol. Realistically, I cannot hope to mount a successful siege against Abyssia, so my plan is to pile a shitload of undead on his doorstep to shut down his capitol production, and DomKill him. My dominion will starve his (now independent) casters and armies to death, and I'll waltz in on the graves his empire became.

I knew I'd have a war with K, and initially I feared it. But here we are, two seasons into the conflict and no good counter offensive. I hope he falls for my trap; it will eliminate his 80 man southern army and further bleed him out.

So how did this all start? I honestly needed land and had already made peace, or at least a non-interference promise with my other neighbor which shut of expansion in that direction. I was moving to claim what I wanted and K's tiny expansion army of like 20 guys got there first. So I waited a turn and said I was taking that province and moving towards two other adjacent provinces. I offered him 30 gems and a Crystal Shield as payment if I could have the provinces, and a pact where neither of us would build a temple adjacent to each other's provinces, nor would we raid, nor invade, nor use attack spells against on another. And my overarching plan was to take the seas and prosecute a war on the western continent against a distant nation and be an otherwise good neighboring undead hellscape. I honestly don't know what he was thinking starting a war he definitely wasn't prepared for. Was I supposed to be intimidated by 10 dudes in a mountain pass just because it was K? Even I know that you cannot bargain from a position of weakness. Hell! he could have accepted the NAP, bided his time for a bit, broke the NAP and had an actual war he was prepared for while I was fucking around in a distant land or under the sea. All I know is that If he had just ceded one singular province and signed an NAP with me his empire would right now be twice as big and more developed and better prepared and... whatever.

So goes the Ermorian War of Aggression.

TO K: Bro, if you want I will cede a shitload of provinces and pull back to what I originally wanted, give you thirty gems and a crystal shield, and not build a temple in a Provence adjacent to you, nor invade or raid your Provences, nor use remote attack spells against you until you do any of that to me first. I do not want your Capitol, or Provences, or Empire; I want peace, and a modicum of expansion because you were second. My word is as sure as the peace I've enjoyed these last 17 turns with my other neighbor, based on our mutual good conduct, and I am totally willing to trust you, even though I know you want my blood after this invasion. If these terms are acceptable, say so, I will withdraw my armies from your lands to my original demand. May we have peace?

Edit: 1,000th post! And it only took 8 years!
Last edited by Hicks on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Really? That's an interesting revelation. It sounds like those independent provinces to my north might go to waste if I don't advance my own armies a bit further than planned. I'd be interested to hear where negotiations end up.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Arco-Ashdod goes poorly. Ashdod has an earth/nature bless, so I opted against engaging his armies in the field without solid evocation support. As it happens, I started with an awake great sage, so I've gotten much more research done than you might expect, but honestly I don't expect to win this one.
Last edited by name_here on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Ermor's southern army has been eliminated. Only his Prophet escaped.
Last edited by K on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

I thought about warning him, but some things are best discovered through experience.
Last edited by name_here on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Bro, my primary nation is Lemuria, I am no stranger to banishment spam. I haven't seen the turn yet, but there was like 50-60 skeletons and my prophet in that province. Easy come, easy go.

Edit: I didn't catch the prophet escaping, that was like one of the two total tactical objectives that mattered. The other one was that I had a fort building there. Oh well. One out of two ain't bad. Did I get the costal province?

In other news, I got promoted at my job and will be in the far side of Arkansas to train for 6 to 7 weeks starting December 1st. The good news is that my annual pay is doubled, the bad news is that I'm sharing a hotel room at the discretion of my company and have no laptop, so I either need a Sub to take over or Ermor is going AI starting November 30th.
Last edited by Hicks on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'm fine with Arco's player subbing in for Ermor, since he'll only possibly have a grudge against me, and if K doesn't destroy Ermor by then, I'll be looking to declare war on Ermor for fear of his terrible, terrible domain soon enough either way :P
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I guess I could, since it doesn't look like Arco will be a going concern by then.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I mean, others have to approve, first, but yeah.