[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

HHhYyeesss, like a BAWSS!

Er, I mean, man, legionaries are pretty good.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I agree. They're even better when undead, and free.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Trying to download turn seven --- tried twice, both times, on opening in Dom4, got "Turn file is corrupted."
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Llamaserver FAQ wrote:- Very weirdly, a problem's happened twice where a particular turn file arrives in a player's inbox corrupt. On requesting a resend, the turn arrives corrupt again. But the file's fine on the LlamaServer, and if I change the e-mail address to my own and get it to resend it works fine. Solution: ask the admin to get the file sent to him (by temporarily changing the nation's e-mail address) and have him forward the file to you. The next turn the problem should have gone. This is super super weird, but fortunately also super rare.
I'll resend your turn. If that still doesn't work, we'll contact the admin.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

The resent turn is still corrupted.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Okay, I am trying getting the turn sent to myself, then sending it to you. Please PM me your email so I can do that and also set the server back to sending things to you afterwards.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Thank you. Sent.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

The turn you sent me was still corrupted. I give you permission to attempt to open it (just don't look around too much :p )
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Sorry for my own delay, I'm at work. Forwarded. Hopefully that will be the end of it.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Urg, lost to indies. At least it wasn't too costly, we both went through half our armies and I'm likely to win in the second strike. Maybe I should have waited for the reinforcement squad after all.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Hey Angelfromanotherpin, just making sure you noticed the post above your most recent one --- we posted at the same time.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Ugh. Unfortunately, I don't have Dom4 at work. That's going to have to wait until I get home.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Totally fair. Mind making sure the turn doesn't run? I'll be out for a bit this evening (dinner with a friend) but I can check back before bed.
K
King

Post by K »

I hate elephants.

That is all.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

They are pretty hateable.

Ikeren, the turn's corrupt for me as well. What research I've done suggests there's no real recourse but to bite down and take the stale. If anyone has any better suggestions, I'm all ears.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Mmm, elephants.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Damn. I guess that's that. I suppose it's an outrageous hassle/request to ask everyone to send in blank "stale" turns deliberately so we all stale? Plus entirely unenforceable anyways...
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The existence of repeat build orders that some people use and others don't makes forced stales a completely unfair and impractical way of fixing things. It's early enough in the game that restarting wouldn't be out of the question, but if we decide to not do that the choice is just to accept the lost turn and shake your angry fist at fate.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

In the absence of any particular recourse for this problem, I am running the turn. My sympathies, Ikeren.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Nah, fair enough. Repeat build orders is a good point that I didn't think about. How common are bugged turns? Is it worth making sure I have repeat build orders on by default just in case?
Last edited by Ikeren on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

In my experience, corrupted turns are pretty rare. That said, I usually have repeat build orders anyway, just because the less I have to remember, the better.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

It's not uncommon to have one or two dead turns a game, but usually not more.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Dat turn (08) was a good turn. I think I need a cigarette after that turn. The only way that turn could have been better is if it made me a sammich after I sent it in.
Last edited by Hicks on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I think I just realized that MA Ermor is one of those pain in the ass to fight, pain in the ass to have in the game teams.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Yeah... we kinda are. I knew this going in. My one hope is that the more experienced players win and leave me alone, let they open themselves up to a counter-attack from another, adjacent experienced player.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made