[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Game is created! Start sending in those Pretenders. Game title is as in the thread title: WhoIsLeft
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I followed all your instructions in the PM; Ermor's pretender is sent.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I didn't get a PM, but C'tis was added to WhoIsLeft on Llamaserver earlier today.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'll be out until Sunday evening, but my pretender will be in today.

Actually, mind copying and pasting what I do here again? It's like, e-mail llamaserver with the pretender file as an attachment and the game name in the header or something?
Last edited by Ikeren on Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Ikeren wrote:It's like, e-mail llamaserver with the pretender file as an attachment and the game name in the header or something?
Yes. Importantly, send your pretender to the pretenders@ address and your turns to the turns@ address.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

The fact that Dominions Saves to C:\Users\MikeUserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Dominions4 is criminal.

Pretender Submitted.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Will submit in a few hours.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Ikeren wrote:The fact that Dominions Saves to C:\Users\MikeUserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Dominions4 is criminal.
I feel like it's slightly less criminal since they added 'Open User Data Directory' to the Game Tools menu.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Korwin, the game is waiting on you.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

This has become absurd. When I wake up tomorrow morning, I'm starting the game with or without Korwin.

edit: Well, that threat fizzled because the internet was out this morning. So he has an extension until I get home from work.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Turn in. I'm liking my start location.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I close tonight at my job. Will send in turn as soon as I get home from work.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Alright, back from my debate tournament and turn in.

I submitted my turn -- only Ermor isn't in.

I also like my starting position for the early game. It'll probably suck for the later game, though.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I'm at work for another 5 hours, but will send in the turn as soon as I get home.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Wasn't trying to call you out. Just updating. You've plenty of time :-)
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Ermor turn 01 sent.

We are a peaceful undead apocalypse, and wish to open a dialogue with any of our neighbors, when they are discovered, to hammer out NAP3s and whatnot.

This is my first multiplayer Dominions game, and I do not expect to win, or even do well, especially against such experienced players; but I do expect to have fun playing my second most favorite faction (after Lemuria).
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Ikeren – MA Ashdod - Bad
Hicks – MA Ermor - Bad
angelfromanotherpin – MA Sceleria - Good?
name_here – MA Arcoscephale - Good?
K – MA Abysia - Terrifyingly good?
FrankTrollman – MA Tien Chi - Horrifyingly good?
Avoraciopoctules – MA C'tis - Frighteningly good?

Trying to remember, who is scariest?
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Bro, that's like tossing an apple inscribed with "to the fairest" into a room with a bunch of divinities; all you gonna do is start a war. It's a good thing we're playing Dominions, otherwise that would have been awkward.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Well, I feel pretty confident calling you bad (no offense! But you conceded this is your first game against humans) and myself the same (I've got 2.5 or 3 online games behind me). But I was sort of being glib --- I was just trying to remember who has played lots and who has played less.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I've played a few den games, but haven't done particularly well in them.

In particular, I've never managed to properly counter sacred giants, so I'm actually pretty worried about you specifically. Especially since I don't have much in the way of crossbows or axes, and my non-communion evocation isn't great.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Well, if you're lucky, we'll be on the other side of the map.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Just in case anyone missed it, the server delay is over.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Sorry seem to have an Dom4 block at the Moment, every time I'm on my comp. I seem to forget I'm playing (in one other game, where I'm frequently stalling).

Happy gaming!

lg
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Turn sent. Other than "don't start year one wars, because both of you just lose the game" and "actually hammer out NAPs with actual dialogue and discussion," are their any other etiquette faux pas in dominions multiplayer that I need to know about?

...besides "Don't play Ermor, Lemuria, or LA R'lyeh"; that is totally happening.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Declaring what NAP-3 means when you agree to it:

Turn 1: I break my NAP
Turn 2: NAP turn 1
Turn 3: NAP turn 2
Turn 4: NAP turn 3
Turn 5: I send orders
Turn 6: Troops attack.