Because we totally need NPC classes, right?

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Because we totally need NPC classes, right?

Post by Koumei »

As a result of certain threads, I decided to do the following. You can thank/congratulate/worship me later.

Commoner:

"Ooh, there's some lovely muck over here."

HD: d4
Skills: 2+Int
Class Skills: Craft, Listen, Spot, Survival
Proficiencies: 1 Simple weapon
Level:BAB:FortRefWillSpecial:
1+0+0+0+0Repressed, Profession
2+1+0+0+0Mud-Stained
3+1+1+1+1Peasant Uprising

Repressed (Ex): Commoners aren't allowed to have Feats, as they are the property of the nobility. For every feat a Commoner would receive through HD etc. they instead gain one extra hit point, and can farm one additional gallon of mud per day.

Profession (Ex): All Commoners gain Profession (Mud Farmer) for free.

Mud-Stained (Ex): Second Level Commoners gain a +2 Circumstance bonus to all Hide checks due to being covered in mud. Even if they are of a race that is naturally mud-coloured or invisible, or are hiding in the snow.

Peasant Uprising (Ex): At third level, Commoners get tired of the violence inherent in the system. If ten or more third level Commoners form a mob, they may be treated as one creature (see below).
Peasant Mob
Huge Swarm of Medium Humanoids [Swarm]
Hit Dice: 10
Str 10 Dex 10 Con 10 Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 10
Speed: 30' Init +0 HP: 90
Swarm Attack 3d6 plus Disease
Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +1
Armour Class: 8 (flat 8 touch 8)
Swarm Traits
Disease: Filth Fever (DC 15)
*Special: if playing Oriental Adventures, you may replace Peasant Uprising with the following:

Ninja Spotter (Su): Peasants are good at locating Ninjas, according to Tenchu 2. All third level Commoners gain Blindsight out to 100' and Tremorsense out to 250'.

Expert:

"I figure I'm safe, seeing as I run the Item Store. That makes me needed."

Skills: 4+Int
Class Skills: any eight, except Iaijutsu Focus. Because fuck you.
Proficiencies: Simple weapons
Level:BAB:FortRefWillSpecial:
1+0+0+0+2Profession, Super Skilled
2+1+0+0+3Quality
3+1+1+1+3Master

Profession (Ex): All Experts gain a single Profession for free.

Super Skilled (Ex): Experts don't get Feats. Instead, for every feat they would be entitled to, they gain a +1 to Skill checks relating to their Profession.

Quality (Ex): At second level, anything the Expert crafts that is linked to their Profession is considered to be Mastercraft at no extra cost or time (though the market price will be increased for this).

Master (Ex): Whatever it is the Expert does, at third level they are the best at it. They are considered to be double-trained in their favoured Profession, and everyone is amazed at how great they are. They get +50% extra GP from goods and services they sell.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Finally (and totally not just posting for the sake of doing so or to increase my count towards my change of Title), we have the Aristocrat. There, they all have representation now.

Aristocrat:

"So how does one hobnob, exactly? It sounds dirty."

Skill Points: 4+Int
Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Ride, Sense Motive
Proficiencies: one Martial or Exotic weapon
Level:BABFortRefWillSpecial:
1+0+0+0+2Healthy Wealthy Wise, Useless
2+1+0+0+3The Help
3+1+1+1+3Toffery

Healthy Wealthy Wise (Ex): Aristocrats are healthy, enjoying +3 Hit Points and +2 to Fortitude Saves. They are also Wealthy, enjoying 200 extra GP, and they can fake being wise, gaining 5 Skill Points they can spend on any skills, regardless of being Class Skills.

Useless (Ex): Aristocrats consider themselves too good for feats. For every feat an Aristocrat is entitled to, they may simply take a +1 to Command Rating instead.

The Help (Ex): Starting at second level, Aristocrats have a Command Rating and little minions (Experts, Warriors and Commoners). These are all level 1 and very average. The number of minions is equal to their class level plus Charisma modifier plus Useless bonus.

Toffery (Ex): At third level, the Aristocrat gains a +2 Competence bonus on Bluff and Diplomacy checks. They also receive another payment of 200 GP.
RobbyPants
King

Re: Because we totally need NPC classes, right?

Post by RobbyPants »

Koumei wrote:and can farm one additional gallon of mud per day.
Sweet!