Cleave feat

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

xXOblivionXx
NPC

Cleave feat

Post by xXOblivionXx »

I've been playing DDO latel, and I wanted to make the cleave feat.
It uses the front, flank and rear from here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adven ... Facing.htm

Cleave
You can hit multiple opponents with one strike
Prerequisites: BAB+1, power attack
BAB+1: As a full attack, you can make one attack, using one attack roll with a -2 penalty against all opponents in front of you that you can reach.
BAB+6: As a full attack, you can make one attack, using one attack roll with a -2 penalty against all opponents in front of you and in your flanks that you can reach.
BAB+11: As a full attack, you can make one attack, using one attack roll with a -2 penalty against all opponents in front of you, in your flanks and in your rear that you can reach.
BAB+16: You no longer take a a -2 penalty to hit when using the cleave feat
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Dude, this effect already exists, but better. It's called having Two Weapon Fighting, and it gives everything your feat gave over 16 levels at level 1, and has extra goodies piled on top. Hell, you can even TWF with a single one handed weapon with a /FreeAction switch hands holding the weapon (although I admit you can't pull that stunt with a 2 hander, but whatever).

Look up Two Weapon Fighting and Horde Breaker in The Races of War. Those already mimic the whole "I get extra attacks" vibe of what you made.

It looks like you're building it like a Tome feat... so you might want to put a [Combat] tag after your finished product's name and add a +0 BAB ability; If fact, you should cram all of what you already have into the +0 BAB ability and add from there, like this:
  • Weapon Storm [Combat][/size]
    You make it rain in the most painful way.
    +0 You may make a single bonus melee attack with your primary weapon whenever after you make a melee attack as part of a standard action or full attack. A bonus melee attack with your primary weapon cannot trigger a bonus melee attack.
    +1 Any opponent struck in melee with your primary weapon recieves a -1 penalty to their AC for 1 round.
    +6 Any opponent struck in melee with your primary weapon is shaken if they fail a Willpower save equal to 10 + 1/2 your level + your constitution modifier.
    +11 You may make 2 Attacks of Oppertunity everytime a creature you threaten provoks an Attack of Oppertunity. This ability does not grant you extra Attacks of Oppertunity.
    +16 Anytime you successfully hit a foe in melee with your primary weapon, you may make a free melee "cascade" attack against that foe.
Last edited by Hicks on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

And it also sounds nothing like Cleave, OP. Cleave, as written in PHB, sounds more like "I just killed this dude so now I slice through him completely and hit this other dude." Build off that.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Although the OP's feat sound perfect for a Stooge Slap feat. :biggrin:
xXOblivionXx
NPC

Post by xXOblivionXx »

Hmm, I just noticed that Races of War has this:
Whirlwind [Combat]
You are just as dangerous to everyone around you as to anyone around you.
Benefits: As a full round action, you may make a single attack against each opponent you can reach. Roll one attack roll and compare to each available opponent's AC individually.
+1: You gain a +3 bonus to Balance checks.
+6: As a full round action, you may take a regular move action and make a single attack against each opponent you can reach at any point during your movement. Roll one attack roll and compare to each available opponent's AC individually.
+11: Until your next round after making a whirlwind attack, you may take an attack of opportunity against any opponent that enters your threatened area.
+16: As a full round action, you take a charge action, overrunning any creature in your path, and may make a single attack against each opponent you can reach at any point during your movement. Roll one attack roll and compare to each available opponent's AC individually.
So, yeah, this whole thread was pointless.
IGTN
Knight-Baron

Post by IGTN »

The OP's feat is more like Tome Whirlwind than anything else.

E: Ninja'd
Last edited by IGTN on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No, you can't burn the inn down. It's made of solid fire."
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

"Cleave" also exists, as Hordebreaker.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Cleave [Combat]
You hit people so hard it hits the guy next to him.
+0 When you kill or drop a creature, you may make an immediate, extra melee attack against any one creature adjacent to you.
+1 You may now opt to make trip attacks in place of the melee attacks granted by this feat.
+6 When you kill or drop a creature, you may make an immediate, extra melee attack against all creature adjacent to you. This replaces the +0 ability.
+11 The extra attacks and attack actions granted by this feat are now made with the Edge.
+16 You may now opt to bullrush anything you kill or drop as well as anything anything hit with a bonus attack from this feat as a free action. You do not move with the creature or corpse moved this way. Corpses do not add their former strength modifier to the DC of the opposed Bullrush test.
Last edited by Grek on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.