[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Okay, I've downloaded the turn file and PM'd Frank for anything I need to be aware of.

I'm working today but I should be able to get the turn in later tonight.

Looking at the file Tien Chi staled last turn, would it be possible to have a turn's grace before anyone attacks me? I promise not to attack any provinces this turn whilst I sort things out.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Christmas slowdowns? I'm still here, my turn is in.

C'tis Waiting for 2h file
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received

Merry Christmas, you baby-eating monstrosities!
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I sent in my 2h for this turn a while back, but I guess it never responded? Weird.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Early tomorrow I'm going on vacay out-of-country, and may well be off the grid for a full week. So if my turns stop coming in during that period (and I'm not responding to PMs), that'll be why.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Who's the controller of the game? It wouldn't be unreasonable to set the turn time super long in this busy holiday season, for angel's benefit and probably everyone elses, too.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I am, and the turn time is already super-long.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Wonderful. Do you mind updating the first post with who's subbed in please, if it's not too much to ask?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Done.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I can't tell if Tien Chi and C'Tis are about to have an epic throwdown, or if it just happened and I missed it. I really hope I didn't miss it.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

There might be a fight coming up. Possibly several, followed by extensive raiding. I'm pretty happy with the territory I took from T'ien Ch'i, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold onto it. If I lose one army, I'll need to focus on economic disruption with the second.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Don't worry angel, you didn't miss anything. T'ien Ch'i made a tactical withdrawal in the face of a concerted C'tis advance, but now having regrouped we are ready to deal with the invaders.
Simplified Tome Armor.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

C`tis, I am breaking my NAP-3 with you as of Turn 34.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

OK, thanks for the notice! Looking forward to seeing what your army fights like.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, that was quite the undead-on-undead fight. If he'd scripted his Thautamogs to spam banishment from the beginning instead of dust to dust, it might have gone the other way.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Nice work, T'ien Ch'i! I'm conceding our war and pulling my forces away, you're free to take my provinces. Abysia just took one of my provinces in violation of our NAP, and I am much more interested in attacking them than you now. After your victory, I need everything I've got to ruin their day. I'm also sending you 100 Water Gems, 80 Earth Gems, 40 Fire Gems, 20 Air Gems, 6 Boots of the Messenger, and a Spell Focus.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Abysia went AI a while ago after feeding a bunch of mages to horrors for no reason. It is no longer aware of any deals made by the human player.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Maybe I should have been paying more attention to the thread. Oops.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

The AI loves me! :p
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Nice work, T'ien Ch'i!
I must admit, that went better than expected. I was planning for Foul Vapours to back up the skelespam, possibly with Darkness on top. Did you run out of Nature gems to power the casters?

Wolven Winter on the provinces I thought we might be fighting in also helped a bunch. Cold scales are pretty brutal for lizards, with 15 encumbrance the number of Horde of Skeletons casts goes down pretty sharply.
Avoraciopoctules wrote:After your victory, I need everything I've got to ruin their day. I'm also sending you 100 Water Gems, 80 Earth Gems, 40 Fire Gems, 20 Air Gems, 6 Boots of the Messenger, and a Spell Focus.
We will agree to your gracious offer and the return of our former provinces and will institute an NAP-3 against further hostilities.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Fucking Ermor.

I'll have dispel up in 2 turns. If anyone wants to give me suggestions of # of pearls to use, or has dispel up sooner, I'll donate pearls. Also, C`Tis, I offer a NAP-anydurationyoulike in exchange for 55 and 66 to declare war on Ermor.
Last edited by Ikeren on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

I have Dispel researched now and a Dispel capable caster if anyone would like to donate to our new 'Lets Dispel BoT Right Fucking Now' kickstarter. :wink:
Simplified Tome Armor.

name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Ah, been wanting to do this in Multiplayer for a long time.

Incidentally, I would remind Ashdod and C'Tis that their population is noticably longer-lived than humans and especially Abysians, and furthermore that both T'ien Chi and Scleria are rather dependent on elderly mages.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

We would remind the assembled nations that though Emor may be Masters of Death, the sages of T'ien Ch'i are Masters of Life and have many techniques for extending lifespan. We may not be as short lived as you would like.

Furthermore, whilst various nations will suffer to a lesser or greater degree, Ermor gains most of all the while the spell remains.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Nice one, Ermor! And just when I was hoping to have spare corpses popping up too. This should make Abysia less of a hassle.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Wow. Burden of time? You got stones, man.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made