Arturius: Setting

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Elennsar
Duke

Post by Elennsar »

Other setting thoughts that I'm not sure on.

Religion is probably not a serious issue - though if anyone is thinking it is worth dealing with I don't mind treating it as one (but I don't think it adds anything to make it a big issue).

Culture is probably (other than the barbarians) fairly similar from one end of the former great kingdom to the other.

Local differences, sure - but it is likely that there's a common language, for instance.

Castles.

Now that's something I do not want to leave undiscussed, if those interested in this game idea are interested.

Castle sieges (both as defender and as attacker) are an entirely different kettle of fish from field battles.

I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be castles, but as I don't particularly like siege warfare (from a dramatic perspective), I'd like to know how much they should matter in the campaign.

There is also the issue of how much the PCs should be tied to "companions are heavy cavalry".

I do not want to make the game about a broad array of all possible character types.

On the other hand, "the King's most trusted individual vassals" allows for a couple more things.

So - what more can/should be added without winding up with "you can play anything"?
Last edited by Elennsar on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust in the Emperor, but always check your ammunition.