It hurts to talk about it
4%
A dangerous addiction
9%

Total votes: 57

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

The other 50% are intentionally homoerotic.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Libertad wrote:
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Oh, go get lost in a forest of cocks.
Fun fact: 50% of TGD arguments end up unintentionally homoerotic.
Unintentionally? We follow the proud debate tradition of the Greeks, where the loser gets assfucked until he displays humility.
saithorthepyro
Master

Post by saithorthepyro »

I'm here to lurk, occasionally comment, learn new things, and try to stumble my way into some kind of enlightenment. Also, I liked Pathfinder.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

It seems that posting pictures and mistletoe and informing people that the next two posters after me had to kiss would have been less disruptive than I thought.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

I came for the tomes and stayed for the Communism insightful reviews of games. I also cut my Internet teeth at USENET decades ago and still don't feel confortable being on a forum where people can't tell others to fuck off when they're wrong.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Libertad wrote:
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Oh, go get lost in a forest of cocks.
Fun fact: 50% of TGD arguments end up unintentionally homoerotic.
Unintentionally? We follow the proud debate tradition of the Greeks, where the loser gets assfucked until he displays humility.
But what if I'm a power bottom o0?
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Hiram McDaniels wrote: But what if I'm a power bottom o0?
Then you give me your number.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:
Hiram McDaniels wrote: But what if I'm a power bottom o0?
Then you give me your number.
And thus we arrive at the real reason why anyone is here:
Because a bunch of people fucked each other at some point or other.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Gay
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

We have a strict don’t ask/don’t tell policy, because you can’t possibly make it gayer than it already is and we’re tired of the joke you’re about to tell, ya damn newbie.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
RelentlessImp
Knight-Baron

Post by RelentlessImp »

I heard about barrels of cocks. I was disappointed, but stayed for the discussions.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I dunno, there are some bears I want.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Being gay seems like too much work. There's quite a few guys I'd plow until they cried like a bitch, but then I'd have to go to pride parades, and be an activist, and drink heavily, and all sorts of nonsense.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Being gay seems like too much work. There's quite a few guys I'd plow until they cried like a bitch, but then I'd have to go to pride parades, and be an activist, and drink heavily, and all sorts of nonsense.
You'd also have to be endlessly metaphorised as vampires.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I hate vampires.
Emerald
Knight-Baron

Post by Emerald »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Being gay seems like too much work. There's quite a few guys I'd plow until they cried like a bitch, but then I'd have to go to pride parades, and be an activist, and drink heavily, and all sorts of nonsense.
The trick is finding a guy who'd be into a dom/sub relationship. Plow him all you want, then order him to do the drinking and activist-ing for you.
Thaluikhain wrote:You'd also have to be endlessly metaphorised as vampires.
Hey now, most gays don't resemble vampires at all. Sure, I'm pale, hate the sun, avoid churches, don't like seeing my reflection in mirrors, want to do unprintable things to attractive men, and would die if you stabbed a wooden stake through my chest, but I actually love garlic, thank you very much.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Emerald wrote:
The trick is finding a guy who'd be into a dom/sub relationship. Plow him all you want, then order him to do the drinking and activist-ing for you.
Thaluikhain wrote:You'd also have to be endlessly metaphorised as vampires.
Hey now, most gays don't resemble vampires at all. Sure, I'm pale, hate the sun, avoid churches, don't like seeing my reflection in mirrors, want to do unprintable things to attractive men, and would die if you stabbed a wooden stake through my chest, but I actually love garlic, thank you very much.
Fuck, you beat me to it. I'm a ginger too, so avoiding the sun is key to my survival. But fuck garlic is so good. I'd die if I was a vampire.

That said, gay chicken is kinda problematic. Unless everyone saying gay shit in this thread is gay it comes off as a bit...distasteful. And I'd be pleased as fuck if everyone posting gay shit is gay. Please let that be the case. Except for Count, because horsecock and homophobia.
sandmann wrote:

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Well, so far you sound gayer than anyone else in this thread, unless someone actually posts a pic of them with like 50 dicks in their mouth I think you've won gay chicken.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
From what I've seen a common position is "Casters manipulate the very fabric of reality. Of course they should be gods."
I've literally never met anyone who thought that. I've seen random shitposters say that, and there was that one guy on the Wizards boards that I was mean to because I didn't know what autism was and didn't realize he couldn't help it, but no one in real life.
I am literally married to a person who said unironically that non-magic users should be inferior to magic users in games where relative power between character classes is measured by levels of supposedly equivalent power and utility.

"They have magic, which means they should always be better!"

Srsly.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Emerald
Knight-Baron

Post by Emerald »

Hicks wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
From what I've seen a common position is "Casters manipulate the very fabric of reality. Of course they should be gods."
I've literally never met anyone who thought that. I've seen random shitposters say that, and there was that one guy on the Wizards boards that I was mean to because I didn't know what autism was and didn't realize he couldn't help it, but no one in real life.
I am literally married to a person who said unironically that non-magic users should be inferior to magic users in games where relative power between character classes is measured by levels of supposedly equivalent power and utility.

"They have magic, which means they should always be better!"

Srsly.
I don't find that a particularly unreasonable position. I mean, that's essentially just a layperson's take on the common Den suggestion that anyone who isn't a magic-user by the mid levels should go home and let the adults deal with mid-to-high-level adventures because you can't satisfy both "A 9th-level fighter is equivalent in power to a 9th-level wizard" and "...but the wizard can break the laws of physics however he wants while the fighter has to stay completely mundane to satisfy the historical realism fetishists" at the same time.

Sure, your wife probably wasn't thinking about it in those terms, but I bet if you presented her with a game where Barbarians, Fighters, and Rogues are replaced with Totem Berserkers, Eldritch Blades, and Shadow Ninjas (or whatever) she wouldn't have a problem with those new "Fighters" keeping up with Wizards even if they do still spend 95% of their time hitting things with pointy bits of metal, because they'd then have magic of their own and level-appropriate abilities to go with whatever magical flavor they now had.
John Magnum
Knight-Baron

Post by John Magnum »

It's very different. "Mundane fighters can't keep up with magically powered characters, so at a certain level mundanity gets retired and magical stuff keeps going" is one thing. It implies there's no such thing as a level 20 Fighter. "Mundane fighters can't keep up with magically powered characters, so it's correct and good for there to be level 20 Fighters, and level 20 Wizards, and for said Wizards to be way better" is another, and makes it that much harder to mean anything by saying "level 20".
-JM
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

John Magnum wrote:It implies there's no such thing as a level 20 Fighter. "Mundane fighters can't keep up with magically powered characters, so it's correct and good for there to be level 20 Fighters, and level 20 Wizards, and for said Wizards to be way better" is another, and makes it that much harder to mean anything by saying "level 20".
I'm not saying it's good that people think that, but it was built into the rules. A 20th level commoner is a thing that exists. Clearly, a 20th level commoner isn't supposed to be as good as a 20th level fighter which implies level means 'the best you can be in your niche' and not 'equal power level'.

If they capped commoners at level 4 it would have done a lot to make it clear that some concepts expire.
Trill
Knight

Post by Trill »

From my POV it's basically the following:
Pick 2:
  1. ) Level 20 Fighters are mundane.
  2. ) Level 20 Fighters exist
  3. ) Level 20 Fighters take as much EXP as Level 20 Wizards
If we leave out a.) we get the demigod fighters (Beowulf, Hercules, etc.). At some point your body just gets magical.

If we leave out b.) then Fighters only level up to Level X, after which you have to multiclass, simply because your progression stops. So after Level X you can't be a straight fighter anymore. If we apply this to all martial classes then every character of Level X+1 is a caster.

If we leave out c.) then Level 20 fighters don't need as much EXP to reach it as a Level 20 wizard needs (so ODnD). A fighter simply hits Level 20 when the Wizard is at level Y, so that at that point they are equal in strength. Then the fighter either has to multiclass or possibly gets Levels over 20
Mord, on Cosmic Horror wrote:Today if I say to the man on the street, "Did you know that the world you live in is a fragile veneer of normality over an uncaring universe, that we could all die at any moment at the whim of beings unknown to us for reasons having nothing to do with ourselves, and that as far as the rest of the universe is concerned, nothing anyone ever did with their life has ever mattered?" his response, if any, will be "Yes, of course; now if you'll excuse me, I need to retweet Sonic the Hedgehog." What do you even do with that?
JigokuBosatsu wrote:"In Hell, The Revolution Will Not Be Affordable"