BESM Fourth edition Kickstarter

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Leress
Prince

BESM Fourth edition Kickstarter

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

Who asked for this?
Mord
Knight-Baron

Post by Mord »

Libertad wrote:Who asked for this?
393 weebs, presently.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

If they hadn't brought back the original creator I might give it a look, but I really don't feel like kickstarting something for a guy that apparently didn't pay his writers last time. Nevermind his big old "manifesto" page in BESM 3 that amounted to "I, the game designer, refuse to take any responsibility for the quality of this game."
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

A few months ago, Mark MacKinnon was teaming up with the new White Wolf to try to relaunch Big Eyes, Small Mouths (without paying any of the people he left unpaid when he folded Guardians of Order). I'm guessing that partnership fell through.

-Username17
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Their cover art's too saturated, those are American cartoon colors

This kickstarter will probably deliver before the Shinobigami one that was funded 5 years ago.
Harshax
Knight

Post by Harshax »

As Frank and rampaging-poet point out Guardians of Order's debt to their unpaid writers before they folded, makes me completely unwilling to fund this even if I wanted to dive it for ideas.

But if one of the projects stretch-goals was to honor GoO's past debts, I'd feel Mark MacKinnon was at least above board about his obligations.
Guts
Master

Post by Guts »

OgreBattle wrote:Their cover art's too saturated, those are American cartoon colors

This kickstarter will probably deliver before the Shinobigami one that was funded 5 years ago.
A shame. I was hopeful that Kill Death Business would come after, but after Andy delays with Ryuutama and Shinobigami, I doubt anyone would contribute to another KS of his.
Jefepato
1st Level

Post by Jefepato »

Is there any reason at all to think this will be better than, or fix any of the problems with, previous editions?

The preview has a list of changes, but they're all conveniently vague enough that there is no way to tell whether the writers have any idea what they're doing. (Except for the part where it's apparently going to be a roll-high instead of roll-under system now. I'll admit that that is a nontrivial improvement, but nowhere near enough to save the mess that BESM always was.)