Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Blade wrote:The first step might have been the same for me but I don't think the rest followed in that order. But since I ended up at Ignosticism I guess I took a different staircase.
Of course you didn't take the different staircase. This staircase calls atheists people who don't go to church. Publicly declaring that you don't believe in virgin birth and doubt validity of Bible as a literal description of the events merely puts you into the modernism camp whom this comic was satirizing.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

That comic was neither funny nor thought-provoking, and its views were absurd. So it fails utterly as social commentary.

Does anyone have something better to turn our eyes to?
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Last edited by Ancient History on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

A slight improvement.
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Dude. Please spoiler that shit.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Occluded Sun wrote:That comic was neither funny nor thought-provoking, and its views were absurd. So it fails utterly as social commentary.

Does anyone have something better to turn our eyes to?
Hm. I'm something like 50/50 on whether you understood the comic or not. It's a gag about reimagining seasonal marketing creep as a war of aggression, and how that lets you be irreverent with a hyperbolic talking point. Not exactly thought-provoking, funny is always in the realm of YMMV, but absurd? If anything, it's just kind of... boringly obvious; "the Christmas shopping season is slowly devouring Thanksgiving." Really? You don't say?
Last edited by DSMatticus on Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Pretty sure OS was talking about this thing, DSM
angelfromanotherpin wrote:Image
Last edited by Grek on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by sendaz on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

There's a Midas station near my work that has put "Please run for president" on their signboard.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

Post by Schleiermacher »

Saw this on the way home last night, in downtown Oslo:
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

What's wrong with the gas station thing?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Starmaker wrote:What's wrong with the gas station thing?
The pumper's trying to get exactly $50, but goes over.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Schleiermacher wrote:Saw this on the way home last night, in downtown Oslo:
There's something sublimely perfect about the glare obliterating Trumps mouth. It makes it look like he's choking on a potato-dildo made of light.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

White space. Sometimes it matters.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

what the fuck
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Censored Anime Pussy
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well Played.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Ancient History wrote:Image
Your 80's references has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

In totally unrelated news from last night, honestly: