[Non-US] News That Makes You laugh/cry/neither...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I'd golf with those balls. They look cool.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Götz George is dead.
So is Bud Spencer.
Sadface ._.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

The Australian election results are in.

The result is... that the Australian election results are not in.

Fucking hell Australia... it's not like the correct choices weren't bloody obvious. This shouldn't be this fucking difficult.

In the mean time we maybe, maybe get a result out of this on Tuesday.
Last edited by PhoneLobster on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

Yeah, that's weird. Why would they not do any of the count today or tomorrow? Stopping for a couple of days with the count 70% done seems senseless.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

The exact details are not entirely clear to me but something about the count pretty much stopping because the rest of the votes will need to be physically transported somewhere for the counting and something something postal votes getting shuffled back and forth before they start being counted.

Oh, and if it comes to it they have to wait 13 days for the last of the postal votes to potentially dribble in before they can fully call a vote as counted should the numbers be that close that such votes would matter.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, currently it's looking almost guaranteed we'll have another hung parliament followed by a minority government. So far, Malcolm is doing a great job of retelling the Julia Gillard story (complete with, if he forms minority government, getting shanked and replaced by a returning Abbott).

That said, Labor have currently proven that for all their many (many, many) faults, they're at least capable of making the deals needed to form a minority government, and also passing legislation from that position, no matter how hostile the senate. So far the Coalition haven't convinced me they can negotiate with themselves. So even if they do pick some terrible people to form more-coalition-than-normal with, they probably won't manage to push much through.

Now, it's possible that all the postal and early votes could change everything. Postal votes tend (for reasons I do not know) to favour Coalition, but this hasn't been a normal election by any stretch, and early voting (which doesn't favour Coalition) has seen a huge spike this time.

Bob Fucking Katter seems to have a seat again, reminding us that Queensland really is a waste of space. Likewise One Nation seem to have a seat, potentially two. On the other hand, Greens are likely to have at least one, and Palmer United has become Sir Not Appearing in this Election.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

Well, one of the complaints the Remain camp in the UK had was how a lot of the expats abroad didn't vote using their mail in option, so maybe the Brexit thing acted as a wakeup call for those Aussies outside their homeland at the time to get up and vote.

So maybe they are experiencing higher than normal numbers of folks mailing in the ballots which could explain the delays simply because whatever department they had for mail in ballots was probably not set up to handle the suggested volume or they recognize the delay in post reaching them so called for the delay.

Again, just guessing but it is a possibility.
Last edited by sendaz on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

PhoneLobster wrote:The Australian election results are in.

Fucking hell Australia... it's not like the correct choices weren't bloody obvious. This shouldn't be this fucking difficult.

Eh? Haven't the elections been annuled and are to be held again?
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

Longes wrote:

that was for Austria, not Australia ;)
Last edited by sendaz on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

sendaz wrote:... so maybe the Brexit thing acted as a wakeup call for those Aussies outside their homeland at the time to get up and vote.
Or maybe there has been a rapidly growing trend towards voting early one way or another for a long while now exacerbated by a liberal national party so desperate that they have suddenly developed a new trend of calling their snap early elections in the middle of school holidays.

I think they think it gives them a small demographic edge of some kind. Maybe they think poor people can't vote and holiday cheaply interstate at the same time.

PS Is this a good time to mention that Australia offers you a fair amount of support for voting early, voting away from home and so on? It is really very easy to vote here. We have no excuses. I'm looking at YOU "Senator" Derryn "voted for the first time at age 72 for himself" Hinch.
Last edited by PhoneLobster on Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

sendaz wrote:
Longes wrote:

that was for Austria, not Australia ;)
Well now I feel retarded...
Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

Post by Schleiermacher »

Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Schleiermacher wrote:Fortunately, there's an easy mnemonic.
Oh no, I know the difference between countries. I just can't read...
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

They might as well just make Austria part of Australia. It'll be less confusing that way.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

hyzmarca wrote:They might as well just make Austria part of Australia. It'll be less confusing that way.
Well you can already get a load of Austrian food products in Australia so maybe somebody is laying the groundwork already. :mrgreen:
http://www.advantageaustria.org/au/oest ... p_2014.pdf
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Man in Canada facepunches a bear and walks away alive.

That's one seriously hardcore 61-year-old. Also wtf.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

koz wrote:Man in Canada facepunches a bear and walks away alive.

Not denigrating the 61 year old, but the article says it was a black bear. Black bears are the pussies of the bear-world.
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
sandmann
Apprentice

Post by sandmann »

phlapjackage wrote:
koz wrote:Man in Canada facepunches a bear and walks away alive.

Not denigrating the 61 year old, but the article says it was a black bear. Black bears are the pussies of the bear-world.
I thought Vincent D. Baker is the biggest pussy in bear-world. :mrgreen:
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/05/stalker-p ... g-5987645/

http://elpais.com/elpais/2016/07/01/ine ... 52878.html

So, a crazy woman was planning to either seduce or kill Stephen Hawking.
sendaz
Journeyman

Post by sendaz »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

german hacker hacked interpol a bit.
set minister of saxony on wanted list.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Stahlseele wrote:german hacker hacked interpol a bit.
set minister of saxony on wanted list.
But did they arrest him?