Stoned Races

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Stoned Races

Post by User3 »

So, after looking over the new Races of Stone, I have this to say:

--A bunch of culture crap that might not apply to your campaign.

--A crapload of racial weapons and armor that are all better than standard PHB weapons and armor (and you can get proficiency with all exotic race weapons or armor with a single feat as long as you get martial or heavy armor profs.).

--Racial replacement levels: Still more ways to trade in useless levels of other classes for good benefits while advancing your core schtick. If you add that to the Planar Replacement levels, classes like Sorcerers who don't get anything more meaningful than the +1 caster level by gaining Sorcerer levels can now gain actually useful things with those pre-PrC levels.

--Some PrCs: I didn't look at these too closely, but I did notice a few "more power at no cost" mage PrCs.

--Some feats: Some of the feats were pretty good and not race specific (like a weapon Style that let you use a gnomish flingy daggger thing an an offhand attack and cast a spell at the same time).

Other feats seemed to be agressive attempts to fvck your character, like a feat chain where if you spent 2 feats you could get a +1 to hit enemies if you and they were on earthy ground, and for another feat a +1 to damage. Three feats for a conditional +1 to hit and damage; suck.