[IC]Princes of the City

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:
hyzmarca/Verge wrote:This isn't exactly what Verge expected to find. He's much more comfortable with the more urban-ish sort of hunting. Still, he tries to take it in stride. "I hope I'm not interrupting father-son bonding time."
"He is already bound, by blood and oaths." Tibiru says, seriously. "He will need some more training before he is ready to be introduced to Elysium and resume his normal life. His associates currently believe he is on a spiritual retreat," the tattooed vampire nods at the sigils cut into the surrounding trees, fresh sap oozing from the wounds, "and this is not a lie. I will not release him until he is ready."
"That isn't what I meant."

Verge's reason for being here, is, ostensibly, to get to know the new Andrew as a person, rather than as a fledgling vampire, so that he can better do whatever the hell it is that harpies do. And to that end he makes a genuine attempt to get to know the fellow, and Tibru, too, though that's secondary.

Of course, the real reason for his presence is that he's concerned about the actual longterm plans of Tibru's orginization. And though he suspects that they're smart enough to compartmentalize their information and not tell people things that they don't need to know, he spends a willpower point to scan Tibru's mind as they're talking, and peppers his conversation with the occasional word or phrase designed to elicit thoughts about his organization without being suspicious. He also makes mention of the current danger, under the guise of being helpful, without getting into specifics.
[Interrogation:, Empathy 5, Manipulation 2] [Telepathy : Perception 4, Subterfuge 4]
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

radthemad4/Seth wrote:(Could Seth have handed the piece of cloth Eris dropped to Kel? Kel did bring up Ursula immediately after Seth found it, but we kinda didn't bring it up after that)
Sure. Ursula sniffs the scrap of cloth, and the surrounding area. After several minutes, she grunts that the smell ends in the parking lot - but the trail leads back into the dairy proper.
Seth will check Sealaska's records again for more details or leads about where the idol is kept in the bank.
Lock box #212.
Nebuchadnezzar/Stan wrote:Stan pretends to take a 30 second call, then addresses the women as two SUVs pull adjacent to the alley.
"Your lady Gorgoneion has agreed to meet with my associates. She will rendezvous with you this evening at a location near the airport, where we have a plane on standby. If you'll follow me."
(Stan attempts to take the students to the Jordan Ave. safe house, with its reinforced basement. As for slipping them a Mickey Sanguine, I figure either Max keeps some dope handy, there's a stash at the safe house, or someone can hit up Suzanne's dealer at the bar.)
"You're lying," Cornrows says, sweat pouring from her face. "She wouldn't...she wouldn't..." The other women are equally uneasy; fear, anger, stress, and distrust are written on their faces. Most of them are sweating, and visibly agitated. Fists are clenched and hackles raised in a fight-or-flight response - and, Stan notes, their backs are to a wall in the dead-end alley. The only way out is through Stan & co.
hyzmarca/Verge wrote:And though he suspects that they're smart enough to compartmentalize their information and not tell people things that they don't need to know, he spends a willpower point to scan Tibru's mind as they're talking, and peppers his conversation with the occasional word or phrase designed to elicit thoughts about his organization without being suspicious. He also makes mention of the current danger, under the guise of being helpful, without getting into specifics.
[Interrogation:, Empathy 5, Manipulation 2] [Telepathy : Perception 4, Subterfuge 4]
Tibiru - and Andrew - are a little too focused on "vampire boot camp" and the initiation into their society for Verge to get a good "handle" on their personality, though Tibiriu remains polite throughout (and Andrew seems to drawing deeper into his trance and is unresponsive). Verge does get the occasional image of a vast serpent in Tibiru's mind - a shadowy spirit-thing, it's musky coils wending through earth and wood, a mass of coils that covers Russia like a ball of snakes...with Juneau now as the tiniest tip of its tail. Verge gets the impression that this is a spiritual or mystical undertone to Tibiru's presence.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Stan chuckles derisively before speaking over his shoulder, as he begins to walk towards the vehicles. "Even if I didn't take pride in being honest to an absolute fault, there would be no reason to lie to you. We all want the same thing, for you to not be troubled by the authorities on the way to your mistress. One of my associates knew her from way back, and Eris agreed to a friendly meet. Now instead of calling me a liar for the second time see your way to graciously accepting a little hospitality."

(If Stan makes it to the vehicles he'll have one pull partially down the alley and turn on their high beams, with the driver ready to shoot out of the window.)
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stan's answer is Cornrow's boot to his face, the ghoul's enhanced strength causing handsome appendage to rip off with force, leaving only a gaping, bloodless cavity (-1 health level, after soaking). One of the other women yells "Blitz!", and the women all take off down the alley in an uncoordinated, blood-fueled bumrush.
An automatic Empathy check tells Stan that the women have temporarily resisted the entrancement.
Last edited by Ancient History on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Seth is wearing gloves if he could've retroactively been doing so, otherwise he'll wipe his fingerprints before leaving)

Seth will check who owns it (you mentioned that the Bank records owners) and look them up. He'll try to find out if the bank has any night guards, private security or other people employed on the bank records. He'll try to find some info on how the bank recruits and how any night guards operate, so he'll have some material with which to pretend to be a new guy who forgot his uniform or something.

He'll text the group mentally. "I might've found the idol Eris is looking for. I'm going in. If you guys have any contacts nearby who could give me some backup, could you tell them to stay on alert and/or stick around close to here? Just in case anything goes wrong."

Seth will wipe the footage the cameras caught of him and replace it with any unremarkable footage from earlier. He'll set the camera to repeat some innocuous footage in a loop. He'll put down a spare cellphone (of which he has many) and prop it so as to be able to see both the camera, and the machine (or two cellphones if this seems impossible). He'll try to walk in to the bank through the front door and look for the lock box. As he walks, he'll remotely disable any part of security that would immediately sound an alarm, via the phone he propped up, but re enable it once he bypasses it (it wouldn't sound the alarm, but it would alert him if anyone following him triggered it).
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will check who owns it (you mentioned that the Bank records owners) and look them up.
The owner is listed as the Sealaska Heritage Institute.
Seth wrote:He'll try to find out if the bank has any night guards, private security or other people employed on the bank records. He'll try to find some info on how the bank recruits and how any night guards operate, so he'll have some material with which to pretend to be a new guy who forgot his uniform or something.
The bank does not have any night guards; private security is provided during the day by Seabody's Security, with additional armored car services provided by various contractors.
Seth wrote:Seth will wipe the footage the cameras caught of him and replace it with any unremarkable footage from earlier. He'll set the camera to repeat some innocuous footage in a loop. He'll put down a spare cellphone (of which he has many) and prop it so as to be able to see both the camera, and the machine (or two cellphones if this seems impossible). He'll try to walk in to the bank through the front door and look for the lock box. As he walks, he'll remotely disable any part of security that would immediately sound an alarm, via the phone he propped up, but re enable it once he bypasses it (it wouldn't sound the alarm, but it would alert him if anyone following him triggered it).
Seth successfully manages to glide in past the regular security devices. The lock boxes are in the vault, however, and the vault is on a timer lock separate from the other security systems. As Seth considers the system, there is the sudden crash of broken glass and aluminum, and several alarms start buzzing; Seth turns to see a familiar figure dressed all in black, their face obscured by a black mask with a white skull-motif on it.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Mental group text (including any people the group may have sent and/or recommended): "Eris is here." Just to the PCs: "Well, it's been a nice run guys. You'll find a copy of my will in your email inboxes."

Seth will look at her respectfully and smile.

"We meet at last. I've been trying to get your attention without my peers noticing. I'm stuck with the Camarilla at the moment and looking for an out. I can help you find what you're looking for here, for starters. I've also got plenty of dirt on them that I can show you later."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel will send Vincent to the Sealaska to keep an eye on Seth's back, and only engage if absolutely necessary. At the dairy, Kel will follow the trail back in and see what Eris is up to (likely spiking the milk with her blood)
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Stan's drivers (one wielding an aluminium bat, the other a pistol) attempt to pull Stan into a vehicle, while he pushes air through the wet ruin that was his face in hopes of reasserting his Presence.

"Thish rude behavior ishn't doing your mishtresh any favorsh."
Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shady314
Knight

Post by Shady314 »

When Stan is attacked Ia's mind is instantly focused on the battle. His blood burns inside.
(A blood point is spent) and his Wits 5 are added to his initiative rating.

Ia doesn't move at all though he does take action as his blood continues to boil inside him. (Second blood point spent)

First priority to him is making sure Stan is all right and he reaches out to Cornrows with his mind and tries to flip her so she hangs in the air as if she was swimming and then send her careening into her companions to break their momentum.

Movement of the Mind: Activation is Willpower 10 vs. DC 6. Opposed Willpower rolls to affect Cornrows. He spends a Willpower Point to ensure at least 1 success. He does not relax his control of her if it works. Movement of the Mind 5 + Athletics 3 to aim her. MotM 5 also counts as Strength for purposes of telekinetically thrown objects.

As loudly as he can yell "Stop this at once!"
Last edited by Shady314 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will look at her respectfully and smile.

"We meet at last. I've been trying to get your attention without my peers noticing. I'm stuck with the Camarilla at the moment and looking for an out. I can help you find what you're looking for here, for starters. I've also got plenty of dirt on them that I can show you later."
The thief pauses for only the barest moment, then moves straight past Seth toward the vault door. Spreading their arms out to their fullest extant, they grab either side of the door - and begin to pull. Cracks spiderweb along the wall and metal squeals as the door slowly but surely is being pulled away from the wall.
Prak/Kel wrote:Kel will send Vincent to the Sealaska to keep an eye on Seth's back, and only engage if absolutely necessary. At the dairy, Kel will follow the trail back in and see what Eris is up to (likely spiking the milk with her blood)
Vincent has a smoke outside the closed museum, and strikes up a conversation with a passing prostitute, keeping everything professional.

Badging himself and the ghoul-bear in, Kel follows the snuffling mountain of fur as it traces its way down to a manhole-sized grate just off the factory floor - too small for the bear to follow.
Shady314/Stan wrote:First priority to him is making sure Stan is all right and he reaches out to Cornrows with his mind and tries to flip her so she hangs in the air as if she was swimming and then send her careening into her companions to break their momentum.

Movement of the Mind: Activation is Willpower 10 vs. DC 6. Opposed Willpower rolls to affect Cornrows. He spends a Willpower Point to ensure at least 1 success. He does not relax his control of her if it works. Movement of the Mind 5 + Athletics 3 to aim her. MotM 5 also counts as Strength for purposes of telekinetically thrown objects.
Cornrows' eyes bulge as she is lifted off her feet, automatically disoriented, and is equally helpless as Ia telekinetically tosses her into three of her friends, the four going down in chorus of shrieks and grunts. The other women, however, make it to the mouth of the alley and are still moving, running past Stan and Ia.
Meanwhile, at the Docks
Suzanne taps her fingers unhappily on her smartphone, remotely dealing with the typical business of running a city as she waits for the ship to arrive. The Camarilla's messenger, Hermes, says nothing but reads a Twilight novel, underlining passages on occasion with a small pencil.
Last edited by Ancient History on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Stay here, watch for intruders. Bellow if anyone enters, only attack if attacked first," Kel tells her and checks the time before heading down.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:
Tibiru - and Andrew - are a little too focused on "vampire boot camp" and the initiation into their society for Verge to get a good "handle" on their personality, though Tibiriu remains polite throughout (and Andrew seems to drawing deeper into his trance and is unresponsive). Verge does get the occasional image of a vast serpent in Tibiru's mind - a shadowy spirit-thing, it's musky coils wending through earth and wood, a mass of coils that covers Russia like a ball of snakes...with Juneau now as the tiniest tip of its tail. Verge gets the impression that this is a spiritual or mystical undertone to Tibiru's presence.
This wasn't a total waste. Confirming that they're not an immediate threat was good, for peace of mind if nothing else. The serpent is concerning, but not unexpected.

Verge warns them about the presence of Eris, though without using her name, simply referring to her as a particularly depraved and dangerous diablerist. Though he assures them that it's being handled, he suggests that they take care and then leaves for the docks.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak/Kel wrote:"Stay here, watch for intruders. Bellow if anyone enters, only attack if attacked first," Kel tells her and checks the time before heading down.
Slipping down the manhole, Kel finds himself in a small room, staring into the open sewer where blood is drained from the slaughter chamber...and there is quite a bit of blood in a cow. The smell is appalling, but more interesting is the evidence that someone has been down here quite recently. There is a stack of clean towels, and a pile of dirty, blood-stained rags. A small black backpack with a few changes of clothes, all unisex stuff with the labels removed except for the pair of black combat boots, which are sized for a woman, in addition to a toothbrush, floss, three cellphones, a small, old book in a plastic back. On a small shelf there is also a small stone statue of a wolf with large tusks of bone and ivory.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel takes a look at the phones, and texts Seth the numbers if there may be anything worth him having a look at (I assume he can do that over distance if he has the numbers) and the book. He'll also let the group know about the amarok statue he found.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Seth mentally sends a group text, "The statue there is probably a fake. The real one is being stolen here as we speak. I'm a bit surprised that Eris hasn't killed me yet, but I don't know how long this'll be the case."

Seth will mentally text Vincent, "The burglar is in here, and will probably leave soon. I need you to tail her if, er... when she escapes. She's fast so I'd advise you to get somewhere high and keep an eye out for when she leaves the building. Transform and roll out. Sorry... couldn't resist."

Seth will walk up to the door and use Analyze on it, and try to look as helpful as possible.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"There's the possibility that the one in the safe is fake. Or there are multiples. Maybe she needs to catch them all." Kel will take a photo of the statue for Seth. Kel will also examine it without touching it for anything remarkable.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Seth will remotely scan the phones Kel sent him the numbers to and mentally study the photo. He'll simultaneously take out a bottle of cow blood from his backpack and take a few swigs. He'll take out another bottle and point it at the burglar.

"Want some? It's beef, but still surprisingly good."

Mental group text: "The Sealaska Heritage listed the one she stole as a fake and said the real one is here. It could be wrong, but I think the one here is more likely to be real, or one of the real ones if there are many of them."
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Well, she kept the first one she stole. So it's probably important.

"... Shit, your at the bank, not Sealaska, aren't you?"

Kel quickly texted Vincent the correct location.

Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will walk up to the door and use Analyze on it, and try to look as helpful as possible.
Minutes of strenuous but continual effort as the thief ignores Seth show steady process, the door moving centimeter by centimeter until finally, with a squeal of breaking metal and shattering concrete, the thief rips the vault door free from its hinges and bars, taking out a fair chunk of the bank wall, floor, and ceiling with it; Seth barely manages to move out of the way of the debris and shrapnel as the masked figure sets the heavy door aside. Alarms now blare openly as the thief walks into the darkened vault.
Analyze shows that the violence of the removal of the vault door has damaged the bank's electrical and security systems; while the alarm is audibly wailing, the video cameras have lost power and are out of commission.
Prak/Kel wrote:Kel quickly texted Vincent the correct location.
Vincent mutters an apology to the prostitute and jumps in his car, arriving mere minutes later.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Group text: "Hmm... fair point."

Text to Vincent: "Get ready to follow her. She looks like this <earlier image of burglar>. I'll try to let you know when and where, but be alert in case I can't. Let me know when you're in position."

Seth will observe her for a bit, and at the same time look for Lockbox 212. If he finds it, he'll pretend to continue looking till Vincent confirms he's ready. Once he gets a signal from Vincent, Seth will technomantically open the box if he can.

(Is Analyze restricted to electronic/mechanical stuff? The description says 'device' which according to wikipedia is 'anything that serves a purpose, including shoes apparently'. Probably not RAI, but the other powers explicitly mention technology, and I figure no harm in asking.

If yes:

Seth will use use Analyze on it and spend a willpower point. If there's any way for Seth to immediately use the artifact to have a reasonable chance of getting out of his current predicament, he'll do so and spend willpower on it. If not, he'll pick it up, record as much information about it as he can electronically and send it to the rest of the group, and hold it out for Eris to take.

If no:

He'll stand aside and say, "Found it")
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will observe her for a bit, and at the same time look for Lockbox 212. If he finds it, he'll pretend to continue looking till Vincent confirms he's ready. Once he gets a signal from Vincent, Seth will technomantically open the box if he can.
Vincent texts that he's in position, about the same time as the thief walks over to lock box 212 (one of the large lockboxes at the bottom) and casually rips the plate off the front and pulling it out. Opening it up, she removes layers of velvet and styrofoam padding to reveal a statue about the size of a full-grown head (larger than the replica from the museum), very weathered, but recognizably that of a wolf or wolf-man squatting on its haunches. One of its two ivory tusks has been broken off some time in the past, and the head seems to be of a separate piece than the body, though tightly fitted.
Analyze shows that the statue is really a container - like a jar or vial - and sealed air-tight by some supernatural means; there's a definite purpose to its construction, like it was meant to contain, sustain, or imprison something. Seth also feels...more like brushes up against...a sort of presence within the jar. Something very old, and very powerful.
As the thief turns to leave, the masked head turns to regard Seth for a moment.

"Tell your mistress that I will be out of her demesne shortly. I am glad that we managed to avoid any undue unpleasantness."

And then she is gone.

Seth's cellphone beeps a few seconds later. It's a text from Vincent. "In pursuit."
Last edited by Ancient History on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Wait, hear me out... oh right, cops... we'll talk later then"

Seth will walk out of the bank, avoiding any approaching cellphones if he can and simultaneously group text. He'll recreate the idol digitally and send a copy to the group (eidetic memory and concentration). If any police spot him, he'll tell them he's working for Lt. Brian Stoat, that he had a hunch this place'd be next, that the burglar got away and was the same one as before, and that he can't give them any more details.

To the group: "She has the idol. Don't know about the others, but the one she just took is a genuine article. There's... something in there... It's ancient and I'm pretty sure it's powerful. It was designed to hold it in. Vincent is currently in pursuit of her."

<all details about the idol that analyze revealed if anything beyond the above>"

By the way, she says she'll be leaving soon."

He'll also give the group real time updates to the coordinates of Vincent's phone.

Seth will head towards Mendenhall Tower to catch a breather, grab some drinks and deal with other people's less stressful problems for a while. He'll then check up on how the tower's doing, who's currently residing there, etc.

(What were in the phones Kel sent Seth numbers to? Kel is definitely less than 25 miles away according to Neb's map, so remote accessing them shouldn't be an issue)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

On his way to the dock where the Camarilla team is arriving, Verge stops by Thunder and makes his way to a hidden storage room inside the yacht. He exchanges his jacket from a lock leather duster with plenty of pockets and fills them with a variety of grenades, mostly M34s and Lewis Bombs. He also fills a duffle bag with RDX, detcord, and detonators, and a single RPO-Z

On his way out he also grabs a 16 ounce metal canister labeled "chlorine trifloride." You never can have too much fire, after all.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel will group text "She seems to be staying at the dairy. She has things here. Suzanne, is she likely to return before leaving the demesne, given that we don't how important the relic is? Ursual's keeping an eye out up top, I'm in Eris' den--Ursula couldn't fit down here.

"Ambush?"