[3.Tomefinder] Beer & Pretzels PbP Recruiting

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

ubernoob wrote:Am I missing anyone?
I'm here.

Looking at the other sheets, I'm pretty anemic as a Tome-tier character I guess. Oh well. I still talk to lots of things good.
ubernoob wrote:Alright, here is a proposed trait:

Marginally better at everything because I'm an adventurer: You get a +1 trait bonus to all d20 rolls and DCs because you are a named character. This trait uses up both trait slots.

I think this is about on par with the pathfinder traits. It grants me a +1 trait bonus to multiple d20 rolls (most do), applies all the time (most do), and it's only a +1 bonus so is not unbalancing in any way. Since I do the calculation on my character sheet instead, I can't forget about it.
Approved.
Last edited by Lokathor on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
[*]The Ends Of The Matrix: Github and Rendered
[*]After Sundown: Github and Rendered
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

ubernoob wrote:Am I missing anyone?
Whipstitch: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=381808#381808
OgreBattle: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=380537#380537 (no items)
Ogrebattle traits http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=381954#381954
No word from Mask De H, or Cynic on characters as far as I remember.
Grek wrote:Requested traits: Oh God, Hide In A Tree (You have a Climb Speed equal to your Land Speed) and No, Wait, Swim for Shore! (See above, but Swim Speed.)
They seem okay. Go for it.
ubernoob wrote:Marginally better at everything because I'm an adventurer: You get a +1 trait bonus to all d20 rolls and DCs because you are a named character. This trait uses up both trait slots.
Go for it.

Since Tome feats are a big deal and humans get an extra feat, how about letting the non humans pick a free Skill feat out of the ones that use ranks for whatever skill that they get a racial bonus to? e.g. Tome Aasimar gets +2 to Perception (Spot, Listen and Search), so this qualifies them for either Alertness, Investigator or Sharp eyed for free. Tome Tieflings get a +2 bonus to Bluff and Stealth (Hide and Move Silently) checks, so this qualifies them to pick Con Artist, Ghost Step, Stealthy for free. Or are non humans good enough without the feat? Opinions?
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

Well, I mean that kinda takes away from the Human though, if you just give their racial bonus to everyone else too. Even if it's limited to "just" the skill feats for non-humans, those skill feats are pretty killer too.

That said, sure, I'll take Investigator for free if folks say yes. Gives me a cool thing to do (Trapfinding).
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

It seems like there are no [Skill] feats that give initiative specifically, but there are skill feats that give trapfinding, blindsense, blindsight (later on), immunity to automatic blindsight/blindsense/tremorsense detection, and so on. Basically, the [Skill] feats are just as much of a big deal as any other Tome quality feat.

PS: I for one fully intend to take the fiend/celestial feat that lets you get wings and fly at level 5.
Last edited by Lokathor on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Stealthy would be cool, and fits with the whole "attack in darkness" thing
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

TBH, I kinda agree with ubernoob, and I say that as someone whose character sheet would probably benefit the most from being able to nab trapfinding equivalents or Stealthy, what with being a Fiendish dex based skill monkey who also plans on being a flyer.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

What do you mean by a "this game" specific rule? Why did you bold blindsense in my listing of things you can get?

The "Alertness [Skill]" feat gives Blindsense at the '9 ranks' level (aka level 6).
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kinniku Kaiser
Battle Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEF4v4-T5o

Height: 6' 11"
Weight: 400lbs
Dislikes: Clothing that restrictcs movement, Ugliness (personal taste), taller humanoids that aren't ugly
Kinniku Kaiser's goal is to become the ultimate being

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=834964
Human Monk1/Barbarian 2
Neutral

HP: 34
AC: 23 (21 raging)
DR: 9 nude, (12 raging)
INIT: +6

FORT +10 (+12 raging)
REF +8 (+10 raging)
WIL +4 (+6 raging)

Move: 30'/60' with stance, +10' raging (so faster than a fast horse when raging)
STR 20 +5
DEX 18 +4
CON 18 +4
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 18 +4

Melee +9 (+11 raging)
CMB +10 (+12 raging?)
Ranged +7

Slam: 1d10+6 (+8 +1d6 raging)

Traits
- +2 INIT
- +1 Intimidate & CMB
- reroll save 1/day

Fighting style: GET READY TO DIE!!
-slam attacks ignore hardness and DR
-+30' Insight Bonus to your movement rate

Skills (Ranks/Attribute/Misc)
Athletics: 11 (6/5)
Acrobatics: 10 (6/4)
Intimidate: 11 (6/4/1)
Perception: 6 (6/0)

Feats
Gymnos Defence: [Combat]
You fight best when not weighed down by armour. Or clothes.
Requirements: Human or Raised by Humans

Benefits: when effectively nude, you gain an Armour Bonus equal to your Strength modifier or BAB, whichever is lower.
+1: when effectively nude and oiled up, you gain Damage Reduction equal to your Con modifier + Str modifier, overcome by Adamantine.
+6: when you are clad in little more than a light oil coating, spellcasters tend to get distracted, and must make Concentration checks when casting spells at you (DC 15 + Spell Level + your Str mod), otherwise the spell fails and is lost. You may generate a "Suggestion" effect once per day as an Extraordinary ability by flexing your muscles as a Standard action (DC 10 + half HD + Con)
+11: you gain the benefits of Evasion, Improved Evasion and Mettle when fighting in the buff, however you must use an Immediate action to flex your muscles to do this.
+16: you may generate an Ironskin effect once per day (Ex) and a Stoneskin effect once per day (Ex), each with a caster level equal to your BAB.

Awesome Blow [Combat]
You teach people how to fly.
Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
+0 You gain a slam attack that deals damage as a creature of your size. If you already have a slam attack it's damage is increased by one size category.
+1 As an attack action you can make an attack awesome blow. If it connects, in addition to damage, your opponent is sent flying a number of squares equal to your strength modifier and must make a reflex save (10+1/2HD+Str) or be prone. The distance is halved if they are one size category larger than you, and you can't use this at all on creatures two or more size categories larger than you. If they impact with an object they take 1d6 damage per character level. This also deals the same amount of damage to the object. If this is enough to destroy the object they go flying through it and their flight continues on unimpeded.
+6 Awesome blow can now be done as part of a a charge. If you do so you can double your effective strength modifier for the purpose of distance.
+11 Opponents hit by your awesome blow must now make a fort save (10+1/2HD+Str) or be stunned. Additionally, if you charge first your strength modifier is now tripled for the purpose of distance.
+16 Now you can slam your opponent into the ground or uppercut them in to the air. If you knock them upwards they fly a number of squares equal to your strength modifier and you can designate one square within 60 feet for them to land in. Falling damage applies as usual. If they have a fly speed they don't have to come down (provided they aren't stunned). All creatures adjacent to where they land are automatically knocked prone. If you slam them into the ground, your opponent takes immediate damage as if they had collided with an object. All creature on the ground within 30 of the impact zone must make a reflex save (10+1/2HD+str) or fall prone and become stunned. You can choose to exclude creatures from this effect. Also if you charge your Str modifier for the purpose of distance is quadrupled.

Weapon of Righteous Destruction [Combat]
Your hands make whatever is being held by them holy
and on re. For some reason this doesn't make them
melt or burn up.
+0: Whatever weapon you are wielding is considered
Magical (+1/3 bonus/level) in addition to any other
properties that it has. Your unarmed attacks, even
if not procient, count for this eect.
+1: The above, plus Flaming.
+6: The above, Holy instead of Flaming.
+11: The above, plus Sun weapon, Fort save. (BoG)
+16: The above, plus Vorpal weapon (BoG).
for Weapon of Righteous Destruction I'm just keeping it as Fire Damage, it can also set people on fire when I hit them (REF Save DC = 10 + ½Charlvl + Con)

Magic Items

-Circlet of Eagle Eyes: (+1 AC deflection) This enhancement provides the user with magically enhanced eyesight. This provides Low-Light vision and penalties to Spot checks from range are halved.

-Choker of waterbreathing (+1 AC natural): Breath underwater

-Sandals of Wall Walking (+1 saves): This enhancement provides a Climb speed equal the wearers base speed. In addition, the wearer can climb on smooth or vertical surfaces without penalty and does not need their hands free to climb.

-Handy Haversack & Bag of Holding: inside loincloth

-Useful potions, Enlarge and so on.

--------------

The basic idea is to stroll faster than a horse up/through walls and indefinitely through water to pluck lives like flowers
Last edited by OgreBattle on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

OgreBattle wrote:Magic Items
-Loincloth of Muscle Sunshine (+1 STR): Glitterdust 1/8hours

-Circlet of Eagle Eyes: (+1 AC deflection) This enhancement provides the user with magically enhanced eyesight. This provides Low-Light vision and penalties to Spot checks from range are halved.

-Choker of waterbreathing (+1 AC natural): Breath underwater

-Sandals of Wall Walking (+1 saves): This enhancement provides a Climb speed equal the wearers base speed. In addition, the wearer can climb on smooth or vertical surfaces without penalty and does not need their hands free to climb.

-Handy Haversack & Bag of Holding: inside loincloth
I was under the impression that we got 8k gold + 2 lesser items (each worth 4k) + Handy Haversack / Bag of Holding, and that even if we spent money on more lesser items we were capped at having 3 magic items that could be used at once.
ubernoob wrote:Large Great Bow +6 (3d8+6, 20/3)
What's the Medium size damage on a Greatbow? Should I get one of those instead of a Composite Longbow?

Also, I don't think the 1d10 soulblade scales up to 3d8 when you make it Large. The chart here says 2d8.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Late to the party, but I'm with Uber on PF traits being a load of who-gives-a-fuck outside of a couple.

Computer ate my sheet, since it crashed before I saved on MW. So I'm just going to post it here.

Camilla Cayenne

TN Pathfinder Human Mage 1/Cleric 2

STR/CON: 12
DEX: 16
WIS: 18 (16+2)
INT: 12
CHA: 18

Init: +6
AC: 18/15F/18T
Fort/Ref/Wil: 5/4/9
BAB: +1
MEL/RNG +5/+4

Traits:
Apprenticed
Alluring
Magical Knack (Cleric)

Trained Skills:
Diplomacy +11 (+2)
Sense Motive +11
Perception +11

Feats:
B: Insightful Strike
1: Attune Sphere (Illusion)
3: Danger Sense

Spells: 4 0th, 3 1st+Domain

Spheres:
Conjuration (Basic)

Domains:
Chaos (Revelry)
Charm (Love)

Abilities:
Wis instead of Str for Melee Attacks
You have The Edge against targets with Wis and Dex lower than your Wis
Uncanny Dodge
Always actively searching for Perception checks

Magic Missile, Prestidigitation At Will
Mage Armor (+5 Armor Bonus)
SLA Move action teleport to any square you have LoS to
Grease, Glitterdust 1/day (DC 13)

Variant Channeling - Negative Rulership (1d6 channel + dazed for 1 round) 7/day
Adoration (Immediate action Will vs. Sanctuary effect against one attack. [Mind Affecting]) 7/day
Touch of Chaos (For the next round, every time the target rolls a d20, they roll twice and take the worst result.) 7/day
Daze 1/day

Domain Spells: Charm Person, Protection from Law
Special: Major Image as a 1st level spell

Magic Items:
+1 Ghost Touch Sawblade Glaive with a constant Weaponwand effect
+1 Magic Clothing of Saving Throws
Wand of Scorching Ray with a pistol grip
Potions of Shield, Alter Self, Protection from Evil and Good
Useful mundane shit, including dosh to pay for goods and services

Quickie Backstory:

Camilla is a former apprentice to a great and powerful wizard who got fed up with her spellbook and decided to learn her own will-working style. With blackjack. And hookers. To do so, she declared herself an acolyte of the God of Little Deaths and Large Mistakes. In exchange for nights she would regret if she remembered them, her magic is powered by the wisdom only hedonism can bring. Armed with her trusty ghost busting chainsaw and a can-do spirit, she aims to spread her wino's wisdom with the world.
Last edited by Mask_De_H on Mon May 12, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Sorry guys, haven't been feeling too great lately. Had a fever for a while and still have a bit of a lingering headache. I'll let you know as soon I'm in shape to run the game and the university has decided to throw quizzes and assignments at me in the meantime, so probably a few days at least. Might as well finalize characters in the mean time.
ubernoob wrote:The "Alertness [Skill]" feat gives Blindsense at the '9 ranks' level (aka level 6). That's three levels from now. In real life time, that's easily six months by pbp rates. I'll hold my breath.
If you guys want to do interplanar time travel adventures later on, being level 6+ would probably help. Yeah, it'll take a while, but we'll probably get there eventually. So, pending further requests I think I won't go with the free skill feat thing.
Lokathor wrote:Looking at the other sheets, I'm pretty anemic as a Tome-tier character I guess. Oh well. I still talk to lots of things good.
Don't worry about it, I'll let everyone respec between arcs if they don't feel like they're contributing much.
Lokathor wrote:I was under the impression that we got 8k gold + 2 lesser items (each worth 4k) + Handy Haversack / Bag of Holding, and that even if we spent money on more lesser items we were capped at having 3 magic items that could be used at once.
Yeah, that's right. Ogrebattle, you could go with a bunch of potions and/or mundane equipment instead of one of those. Other than that, looking great.
ubernoob wrote:Not too worried about a serious background because beer and pretzels.
Yeah, feel free to add setting elements if you like. So the setting has this one dungeon, Grand Interplanar Games, Prak's clan's enemies, Voloc's country, a fire nation, etc.

Mask_De_H: Looks great.

Pending opposing votes, I'm banning the Reactionary trait (+2 initiative) as it's kinda boring. Whipstitch, how about prehensile whip (I'll let you use it with the spiked chain). Ogrebattle, how about Charger (+10 to Speed when charging). Mask_De_H, how about Sacred Touch (stabilize as a standard action)?

Nice work with the character building guys, and looking forward to starting soon. :D
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Lokathor
Duke

Post by Lokathor »

radthemad4 wrote:
Lokathor wrote:Looking at the other sheets, I'm pretty anemic as a Tome-tier character I guess. Oh well. I still talk to lots of things good.
Don't worry about it, I'll let everyone respec between arcs if they don't feel like they're contributing much.
Well, I changed my magic bow into a "wand of missiles" which lets me shoot unlimited magic missiles, so whatever. Part of it is that sorcs are behind a level on spells, it's just normal.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

So, are we going with tome/3.5 combat maneuvers or are we going with the whole cmd/cmb business? Because in the tomes combining Enlarge Person/Fiend feats and Juggernaut together means that you can expect your trips, overruns and bullrushes to be made out of sex and win while in pathfinder they simplified the stat blocks but nerfed bigness quite a bit en route to hosing tripstars and grapplemancers. Honestly, at this point I feel like just telling the PF portion to fuck all the way off.
bears fall, everyone dies
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

We're using Tome maneuvers and possibly Grek's Tomeified Dirty Trick:
Grek wrote:As an attack action, make a Sleight of Hand check against a DC of 10 + the higher of your opponent's BAB or ranks in Perception + a stat bonus based on the affliction to be inflicted:

Con: Sickened, Deafened or (with the feat) Nauseated.
Dex: Entangled, Blinded or (with the feat) On Fire.
Wis: Shaken, Dazzled or (with the feat) Confused.

Edge Option: If you have the Edge on your target and you successfully play a dirty trick, you may make an attack against that opponent this round as a Swift action.

Dirty Rotten Tricks [Combat]
That's just unsportsmanlike.
Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
  • +0: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a dirty trick.
  • +1: You may perform a dirty trick as an immediate action.
  • +6: The effects of your dirty tricks last an extra 1d4 rounds.
  • +11: Your dirty tricks require a Standard action to remove rather than a Move action.
  • +16: Add the following to the list of conditions you can cause with a dirty trick: on fire, nauseated, or confused.
This condition lasts for 1 round. For every 5 by which your attack exceeds the DC, the penalty lasts 1 additional round. This penalty can usually be removed if the target spends a move action.
Still not sure when I'll be able to start though.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

You only get access to nauseate at BaB 16+. At level 1, your options for dirty tricks are sickened, entangled, shaken, deaf, blind or dazzled.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »