DDM2's cover rules are retarded, news at 11

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Imban
Apprentice

DDM2's cover rules are retarded, news at 11

Post by Imban »

C1 is an archer. C2 is a dragon. C2 has cover from C1 in the new Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures game. WotC writes rules that are actively retarded.
Voss
Prince

Re: DDM2's cover rules are retarded, news at 11

Post by Voss »

Eh. Its a little extreme, but honestly cover rules have to be abstracted in a game with static minis. If the wall was extended one more space up (obscuring half the dragon), it probably wouldn't bother people.

And considering that most D&D minis only take up 1 or 2x2 squares (if large), it isn't even an issue most of the time. Given that cover only grants a -2 to the attackers rolls, and the rarity of Huge (which are 3x3, so 1/3 cover doesn't even bother me) and Gargantuan creatures... eh. Its a very simplified ruleset, and this makes perfect sense for 90+% of the figures.

Plus gargantuan and colossal creatures aren't even covered by the basic DDM rules. So, you won't normally even encounter this situation in a normal 'game' of DDM.
Imban
Apprentice

Post by Imban »

I was pretty sure DDM's rules accounted for Gargantuan and Colossal creatures what with the D&D Icons line, but if they don't, oops.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Sorry.
According to the downloaded version,
size categories for creatures are Tiny, Small, Medium, Large and Huge

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I have two boxes of those random Blood War random box minis. The biggest I have from that is Githyanki Dragon Knight, which I assume is Large. Aside from that, on a random "I have so much money and it's also my Birthday!" splurge I bought the Gargantuan Black Dragon. It's pretty awesome. I used to stuff a halfling mini into its mouth. I currently have it holding a good luck charm ("Lucky thing! Good luck to you. To you the best good lucking." is what it says on the label.) like a prize on TV. It even has the "Holy shit, this is awesome!" look on its face.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.