Moderator: Moderators

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Eh. I'm not that curious.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Rabbit are stupid food-animals that are good for eating and making clothes out of and not much else.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

RobbyPants wrote:
Cynic wrote:If you hold a rabbit upside down by holding onto its tail then it dies.
How? Is it like crucifixion, or something?
Doubt it. Crucifixion is the process by which a person hanging by the arms causes his shoulders to choke off his throat causing suffocation unless he can shift the weight to some other portion of his body (typically his feet which have been painfully pierced with a huge nail).

Now St. Peter did do the strange upsidedown crucifixion (claiming he wasn't worthy) and probably died simply by blood rushing to his head which couldn't be pumped out through the heart alone. This might also be the rabbit's problem as well. The muscles in the legs do a lot of work pumping the blood back up the veins. You don't have that at the head and neck.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Rabbit are stupid food-animals ...
You can always tell the non B&B players in this forum.
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

Dayum, that's been a long while. I wonder if anyone has done a review comparing Bunnies and Burrows to Mouseguard? I get the feeling there's not much to compare, as I think Mouseguard uses more anthropomorphic characterization.
Last edited by Doom on Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik, to Tzor wrote: And you aren't shot in the face?
Frank Trollman wrote:A government is also immortal ...On the plus side, once the United Kingdom is no longer united, the United States of America will be the oldest country in the world. USA!
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

tzor wrote:
RobbyPants wrote:
Cynic wrote:If you hold a rabbit upside down by holding onto its tail then it dies.
How? Is it like crucifixion, or something?
Doubt it. Crucifixion is the process by which a person hanging by the arms causes his shoulders to choke off his throat causing suffocation unless he can shift the weight to some other portion of his body (typically his feet which have been painfully pierced with a huge nail).

Now St. Peter did do the strange upsidedown crucifixion (claiming he wasn't worthy) and probably died simply by blood rushing to his head which couldn't be pumped out through the heart alone. This might also be the rabbit's problem as well. The muscles in the legs do a lot of work pumping the blood back up the veins. You don't have that at the head and neck.
I wondered if hanging upside down by their tail did something to compress their lungs, but blood to the head could be the answer, too.

This is really weird.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I learned that one of my female coworkers flips the hell out after a couple shots. I learned this by hanging out with her at a bar. Never have I been more glad my penis was never inside someone, she seemed so nice at work...

If nothing else, it was a good learning experience, lmao.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Another thing I have noticed: Everyone who eats salads is fat. I don't think I'll eat one again.
K
King

Post by K »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Another thing I have noticed: Everyone who eats salads is fat. I don't think I'll eat one again.
The problem is that salads are pretty bad at suppressing appetite. You'd be better eating a handful of peanuts and drinking a glass of water if you were on a diet than to eat a salad.

Also, most salad dressings have a crap-load of calories, so it's the worst of both worlds.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Yeah, I'm figuring out certain tricks that go against common "knowledge" when it comes to losing weight. I've figured out the "handful of peanuts" trick, except I replace peanuts with cashews (I'm a bit sensitive to peanuts). I also found that really fatty meats cut my cravings down even though I eat far less than I would normally.
Last edited by Count Arioch the 28th on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

If you're okay with almonds, try those. My cousin was on the US Olympic Speed Skating team and she swears by them. My doctor is also pushing me away from soy milk toward almond milk with my protein shakes. Cashews are tasty but they're also the fattiest of nuts - they cut your hunger but it's not so good for your circulation system in copious amounts.

Lean meat, so long as it's the same caloric intake, will probably keep you as full as fatty. I also recommend protein shakes but made from whey powder, rather than Ensure or any other crap-in-a-can. You can get a jug of powder for $15 at Wal-Mart. Keeps me full for about five hours.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I don't like lean meats. I can't cook them to save my life without them getting dry and unpalatable (that's important when you have erosive esophagitis, dry meats like to get clogged in my throat). And all the people I know in Meatspace that drink protein shakes are likewise fat, heh. You might not be, I've never met you, but I don't know anyone who's "in shape" that touches them.
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

Lean meats are all about cooking them 'just' so, and then letting them rest enough time for the juices to reabsorb. Even then, it's a giant pain in the ass. But if you're trying to lose actual weight, it's well worth the effort.

I know it's counter intuitive but you have to cook chicken and pork until they're 'barely cooked through' then you take it off the heat and let it rest. Probably take a while to get the hang of it. Cooking lean meats so they aren't dry is a skill that takes times to develop.

Though with your medical condition, they might still be too dry for you, not sure.
Wesley Street
Knight

Post by Wesley Street »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I don't like lean meats. I can't cook them to save my life without them getting dry and unpalatable (that's important when you have erosive esophagitis, dry meats like to get clogged in my throat). And all the people I know in Meatspace that drink protein shakes are likewise fat, heh. You might not be, I've never met you, but I don't know anyone who's "in shape" that touches them.
Grilling lean meat over an open flame is what turns it into an inedible hockey puck. All the juice, what gives the meat tenderness and flavor, drips away and you're left with tough muscle. Baking lean meat in an oven in a marinade (or no marinade, I just get bored with plain chicken/beef) or using a griddler/panini-maker keeps all the juice from flowing away and retains the taste.

I lost 15 lbs. on a Sugar Busters diet and I wasn't fat to begin with. I probably lost more fat on my body but working out added weight back on. Part of the SB plan was eliminating a sugar/carbs based breakfast and switching to protein based meals.

People who drink protein shakes and are still fat are the same assholes who think, because the lady on TV drinks a shake for breakfast and is skinny, that it's also okay to eat bacon and chocolate cake for lunch. :nonono: It's one piece of a balancing act, not a cure all. You have to pick your powder carefully because a lot of brands are actually filled with sugar.

Edit: typo.
Last edited by Wesley Street on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Eating fatty meats makes you less hungry. Eating nothing but really lean meats will actually drive you insane with hunger.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Wesley Street wrote:Cashews are tasty but they're also the fattiest of nuts - they cut your hunger but it's not so good for your circulation system in copious amounts.
Nope. Compared to other nuts, Cashews are relatively low in fat (down there with pistachios). Macadamias beat out all others in fat content, followed closely by pecans and walnuts.
WS wrote:Lean meat, so long as it's the same caloric intake, will probably keep you as full as fatty.
You do realize that eating fat provides satiety, right?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

1 piece of bacon, will make you fuller than 6 ounces of chicken breast. A teaspoon of Olive Oil will make your body feel full for a relatively long time.

The stomach takes much longer to process fat, than anything else, and so you feel fuller longer.

This is why so many of the peasant dishes of europe involve a little bit of bacon. It's not much meat, but it makes you feel full.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

sabs wrote:This is why so many of the peasant dishes of europe involve a little bit of bacon. It's not much meat, but it makes you feel full.
Dude. It's bacon. They put it in their food because it tastes good!

:tongue:
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

Well yeah, but it's not JUST because it tastes good.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I'm doing the happy dance. I've complained about severe migraines on this forum before.

Botox for Migraines is supposed to be one of the more succesful treatments for chronic migraines.

For the last 6 years or so, Insurances would not cover the procedure because Botulinum Toxin is one of the most powerful neurotoxins in the world. The primary "medical" use of Botox is as a cosmetic to allow rich people to appear idiotic.

Apparently, the FDA finally approved the drug for migraine treatment in Oct 2010. Since I have both medicare and empire bluecross blueshield, I gave both of the insurances a call and i found out that they had finally approved Botox as an actual migraine treatment. I am so fucking excited. The 17 shots of a severely dangerous poison is now legal available.

So, in the next two months, I will either be without headaches for about 3-4 months or dead. Hopefully the first choice.

*HAPPY DANCE*
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Cynic wrote:I'm doing the happy dance. I've complained about severe migraines on this forum before.
Out of curiosity ... do you have high blood pressure? My mother suffered from wicked migranes most of her life, then one day ... gone. Her doctor changed her high blood pressure medication. "Why yes," he told her, "that appears to be a side effect of this medication." Fortunately my mother is a saint; I would have probably strangled him to death for not telling me this YEARS eariler had it been me.

Then again, I remember driving back from the hospital with my mother and a completely fractured shoulder going completely nuts about the fact that she wasn't screaming in pain. She does have a very high tollerance.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Tzor: I actually had the opposite. One of my medication dropped my blood pressure drastically. I had like 70/45. He quickly changed it.

Really, my current medication is one that i hate. I've seriously no sense of balance along with nausea and dry heaves. I called my doc today and apparently at a conference in London. That made me want to strangle him The oncall doctor was reticent to change my meds. But I kept calling and requesting him to look at my meds. he finally changed them today.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I'm not sure it belongs here, but I'm not sure where it goes. I saw this on a series of quotes of the day on Gather.
David Letterman wrote:Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Of the longest floating bridges in the world, Washington State has four of the top five.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.