Seattle

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

zeruslord
Knight-Baron

Seattle

Post by zeruslord »

So, I'm in Seattle for a 12-week internship coding for amazon. Is there anything I should make sure to see/do/etc. before I leave?

(yes, I know about the Space Needle)
The Lunatic Fringe
Journeyman

Post by The Lunatic Fringe »

What are you into?
sabs
Duke

Post by sabs »

China Town
Asian Market
China Town

Did we mention ChinaTown
Try every DimSum restaurant you can find.
Ravengm
Knight

Post by Ravengm »

sabs wrote:China Town
Asian Market
China Town

Did we mention ChinaTown
Try every DimSum restaurant you can find.
+1

I recently got to the Seattle area myself, but I can tell you that trolling the streets for good Asian food is a good idea.
Random thing I saw on Facebook wrote:Just make sure to compare your results from Weapon Bracket Table and Elevator Load Composition (Dragon Magazine #12) to the Perfunctory Armor Glossary, Version 3.8 (Races of Minneapolis, pp. 183). Then use your result as input to the "DM Says Screw You" equation.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

You want some dim sum, go to Sun Ya. But yeah, what are you into?
Almaz
Knight

Post by Almaz »

It's nominally called the International District, but yes, it is worth going to. If you can't figure out where in the International District to go, a good place to default to is Uwajimaya's, as it is a giant Asian-oriented supermarket.

Knowing your interests is good, yes. There's various stuff in the area of note, but like... I could tell you all about goth stuff or sex positive culture events and that wouldn't really necessarily be giving you directions if you're not into that.

Oh, you might want to check out the Fremont Solstice Parade/Street Fair when you're up here. It's on June 23rd.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I think it would be worth your time while you're here to check out some of the nature, if that's your thing. Mt. Rainier, the Hoh Rainforest, Mt. St. Helens...

Pike Place Market, The Pacific Science Center, Tacoma's Museum of Glass...

How far can you go?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Pike Place Market. Check out the people tossing salmon.

I like theatre, and I recommend checking out 5th Ave if you'd like. They're putting on Guys & Dolls right now (and a Aladdin, methinks).

The IMAX theatre at the Pacific Science Center is freaking awesome, and walking around Seattle Center is fun.

Finally, check out the tour called "Ride the Ducks". It's wonderful.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.