Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

This early in the game I find them useful enough for taking an indy province or two, or at the very least weakening an especially tough one so I can avoid taking casualties with my real army. They are just a huge pain in the ass any time after the first year though.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Korwin wrote:Tried to force hosting...
I think this happened:
llamabeast wrote:On the downside, whenever dominions crashes on llamaserver, what is generally actually happening is that hosting takes infinite time rather than crashing outright. I then have to go and kill the process, and in the meantime everyone wonders why the llamaserver has stopped working (it's not allowed to host more than one game at once, so all other games will get stuck waiting for that game to host; also the "Last updated" time will stop updating which is really just an indication that it is unhappy).
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Yeah, the last updated clock was also dead when we had that hiccup.

Anyway, I think we're just waiting for Gath to send in their turn, yes? I guess the squidfaced menace chose not to eat them, but i'd hate to be in his position - sandwiched between two powers.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I hate this game so much right now.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Hmm, turn's in. Can't actually open the file yet as I'm not using the home computer right now... but it seems part of my expansion plans worked.

I may have gotten some kind of unrest event though as my income just dropped -_-.

Edit: Also, I see Ermor has now hit 47 research and brings the entire world one step closer to mass genocide by mean of accelerated aging.
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I need to speak with whoever has a capital in 87.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Orca wrote:My, hordes of worthless militia deciding you are their employer are annoying.
Can you re-enlist them all as soulless? Or possibly re-purpose them as a food source?
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Does anyone know where Ermor are located?

I'm willing to chip in to horribly murder them :laser:, as a community service.

If we don't make a concerted common effort, he's going to bury us all in short order :bricks:
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Hey! My number of troops curve is incredibly inconspicuous, and those troops aren't even any good yet. And if you don't even know where I am, we might be natural positional allies.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

We have evidence you are developing WMDs and hence are a potential threat to world peace! :P
K
King

Post by K »

So I should be dead by next turn. Nothing better than the turn 6 dom kill because your capital shares a province with another nation's capital and they have an awake SC Pretender.

Good game guys.
Last edited by K on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

My sympathies. The starting locations for this game were really uneven.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Could not resist the lure of giant brains...
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

Sorry about the loss, K. Don't worry though, I'll do my best to honor you and ensure that giants walk the earth once more! :3
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

TheNotSoEvilNecromancer wrote:Sorry about the loss, K. Don't worry though, I'll do my best to honor you and ensure that giants walk the earth once more! :3
That is Abbysia's job. They have the national spell and everything.

I'm sorry about the quick loss K, I sympathize, that could easily have been me.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

K wrote:So I should be dead by next turn. Nothing better than the turn 6 dom kill because your capital shares a province with another nation's capital and they have an awake SC Pretender.

Good game guys.
Is it possible to allocate the positions that will be used (with the actual nations being randomised), so that you get a better spread?

Sorry about the impending doom K, not really a lot of fun :-(
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Hey! My number of troops curve is incredibly inconspicuous, and those troops aren't even any good yet. And if you don't even know where I am, we might be natural positional allies.
This is true. For example, if you were located on another map taking part in a different game, then we could indeed be friends and allies :biggrin:
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

jimbojones1971 wrote:
K wrote:So I should be dead by next turn. Nothing better than the turn 6 dom kill because your capital shares a province with another nation's capital and they have an awake SC Pretender.

Good game guys.
Is it possible to allocate the positions that will be used (with the actual nations being randomised), so that you get a better spread?

Sorry about the impending doom K, not really a lot of fun :-(
It possible.
Only I don't know how to do it :-(
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

jimbojones1971 wrote:Does anyone know where Ermor are located?

I'm willing to chip in to horribly murder them :laser:, as a community service.

If we don't make a concerted common effort, he's going to bury us all in short order :bricks:
'd love to mate, but I think I'll be havin' tha squidfaced menace eye'n up my little faux-germanic think-pan before the year is out.

Sorry to see you go so soon, K. Hope I get a chance to actually play with you some other time, rather than see you get used as a squid squeaky toy.
Last edited by Calibron on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Yeah, getting killed by starting position sucks.

And I think I am about to suffer the consequences of somebody else's bad starting position and my own somewhat aggressive expansion plans.

Oh well, just doing finishing touches on the turn. Will send it soon.

Edit: Shouldn't I get a refund for cancelling a fort? I tried doing it and got no money back.
Last edited by Zinegata on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

jimbojones1971 wrote:Is it possible to allocate the positions that will be used (with the actual nations being randomised), so that you get a better spread?
Yes. Open the map in the editor. Each province has a list of check-boxes, including a box called 'no start' which prevents anyone from starting in that location. So you can narrow down the number of start positions and keep them from being too near to each other.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Squids with a second captial isnt exactly good for world peace, otoh, my starting position is so bad, its a miracle my expansion hasn't failed. I'll collapse once we get to middlegame like usual.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Zinegata wrote:Edit: Shouldn't I get a refund for cancelling a fort? I tried doing it and got no money back.
First turn only, try it later and all it does is free up the commander.

EDIT: Anyone who has started to research construction; I would like to get my hands on some nature items. I could pay in astral/air/blood. I would also love some master matrixes and a pair of earth boots. PM me if interested.
Last edited by Akula on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

I'll be up for that once I actually start researching. I'll have enough nature gems kicking around.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

So, uh, Utgard. Apparently I own a province next your capital now. That was not expected or on purpose or near me at all. Feel free to take that back there at your earliest convenience.