So since Dom 3 is being discussed

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I'm just glad that the globals are fairly benign so far.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Revised turn in
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I just checked Lavabit, it looks like turns are in from everyone but Man.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

My computer woes continue; I got an ominous fan noise from my main computer earlier today.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

Turn sent, sorry about the delay
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

This turn, I looked at my SC in action. I laughed out loud. The capital defence force looks pretty awesome too.
Look at the casting encumbrance, then spell cast, then the armor. It's like a fractal of terrible design choices. Sent out some messages this turn.
-----------------
Mediafire is being lame. So is Rapidshare. Working on a solution. If nothing else comes up by this evening, I'll try mailing out the turns.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I tried a mass email. If it worked, everyone should have the usual zip file.
K
King

Post by K »

Mmmm, sent a Turn and now I'm resending a new one.

Good thing you didn't send that SC across the border. His MR is low for an SC... probably would have lasted 2-3 turns of Soul Slay at best.
Last edited by K on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Thankfully, I remembered the indie attack event from a while back. March over there with one of the piles of slingers I recruited for some reason and I get to sword some trogolydytes without upsetting anyone's delicate sensibilities. Unquenched is proving a little disappointing. I should see if Heat from Hell synergizes with Fire storm or whatever the battlefield spell that sets everything on fire and takes several gems is called.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Yeah, it's going to take m a while. Rather than do what I thought he was going to do - namely rampage around in my hinterland - Rlyeh made a huge buildup next to my capital. That there was no one in my entire empire with a point of Astral didn't really help, as it meant his mind hunts pretty much went wherever they wanted. Figuring out how to not lose my capital is actually fairly difficult under the circumstances, and I apologize in advance for it taking a while.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Turn sent.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, Frank did exactly what I expected him to. Now I need to figure out what to do with all these water breathing items and naked lady corpses.

Also, I should probably get around to making some thugs.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Turn sent.
K
King

Post by K »

Patch 3.26 is up. We updating?
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Let's update after we get this turn finished. Switching with half the files in might or might not end in utter disaster and children crying.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

If you guys plan on doing another mp game after this would you be willing to let me join?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Can we get word from the host as to whether we are updating or not?

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Frank: I don't feel strongly about this patch either way. However, it would be good to have everyone on the same page. When I present the next turn link (or send out the email) I will include a reminder to patch before downloading their TRN file. So, we don't patch until after this turn is over.

Calibron: Sure. There's also other games starting up in the In The Trenches subforum. Check over there if you want something more immediate.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Calibron wrote:If you guys plan on doing another mp game after this would you be willing to let me join?
Yeh, the fastest way will be to join the game Korwin is adminning.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Thanks, will do.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

FrankTrollman wrote:Yeah, it's going to take m a while. Rather than do what I thought he was going to do - namely rampage around in my hinterland - Rlyeh made a huge buildup next to my capital. That there was no one in my entire empire with a point of Astral didn't really help, as it meant his mind hunts pretty much went wherever they wanted. Figuring out how to not lose my capital is actually fairly difficult under the circumstances, and I apologize in advance for it taking a while.

-Username17
Just so you know I am awaiting an brilliant strategy from you. All this thinking :D
On an more serious note. Do you use the time to think or for MicroManagement?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Korwin wrote:
FrankTrollman wrote:Yeah, it's going to take m a while. Rather than do what I thought he was going to do - namely rampage around in my hinterland - Rlyeh made a huge buildup next to my capital. That there was no one in my entire empire with a point of Astral didn't really help, as it meant his mind hunts pretty much went wherever they wanted. Figuring out how to not lose my capital is actually fairly difficult under the circumstances, and I apologize in advance for it taking a while.

-Username17
Just so you know I am awaiting an brilliant strategy from you. All this thinking :D
On an more serious note. Do you use the time to think or for MicroManagement?
On a serious note: I'm mostly using the time for my forensic medicine block. I probably won't win the fight against Rlyeh when it comes down to it. But I'll probably have turn in tonight.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Got turn files from everyone. I should be able to update when I get back to the Dom 3 computer later today.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Filesharing sites are still problematic, so I sent out another email. Think I might have figured out the problem, however.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Oh, yeah, and Akula reminds me that you all should patch. Probably me too.