OH MY GOD WE'RE BURNING THE KORAN [Politics]

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Calibron wrote:I changed my "live and let live" policy with spiders after I found one hanging out in my bangs. Besides, their are so many spiders in this town that there's no way we could possibly get rid of them without a gassing the whole town via airstrike, not even joking.
Gassing won't kill the spiders. My father-in-law used to regularly bug-bomb the house, and it just meant that the most hard core of the spiders survived and multiplied. After about 10 years of this (and attrition by cats) they were almost impossible to kill: they were perfectly camouflaged to the part of the house they lived in, they would hold on too tightly to be sucked up by a vacuum, and they were almost impossible to crush. And they were immune to insecticides.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

The Lunatic Fringe
Journeyman

Post by The Lunatic Fringe »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:
Calibron wrote:I changed my "live and let live" policy with spiders after I found one hanging out in my bangs. Besides, their are so many spiders in this town that there's no way we could possibly get rid of them without a gassing the whole town via airstrike, not even joking.
Gassing won't kill the spiders. My father-in-law used to regularly bug-bomb the house, and it just meant that the most hard core of the spiders survived and multiplied. After about 10 years of this (and attrition by cats) they were almost impossible to kill: they were perfectly camouflaged to the part of the house they lived in, they would hold on too tightly to be sucked up by a vacuum, and they were almost impossible to crush. And they were immune to insecticides.
You should call Kent Hovind.
Last edited by The Lunatic Fringe on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Okay, this is awesome. My comment on Buddhist teachings ended up derailing this thread into the various ways of committing insect holocaust :rofl:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Koumei wrote:The spiders here have knee-mounted machineguns (that's eight each!) and breath weapons. So we tend to provide incentives to not enter the house. By which I mean swift execution.

It generally does the trick.
Oh, p'shaw. Australian spiders are cuddly and adorable. If it wasn't for that pesky getting thrown in prison for exporting Australian animals thing, I'd own and be breeding most of the spider species you have there.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:
Koumei wrote:The spiders here have knee-mounted machineguns (that's eight each!) and breath weapons. So we tend to provide incentives to not enter the house. By which I mean swift execution.

It generally does the trick.
Oh, p'shaw. Australian spiders are cuddly and adorable. If it wasn't for that pesky getting thrown in prison for exporting Australian animals thing, I'd own and be breeding most of the spider species you have there.
Pfft, I'd be happy for you to take all of the funnelwebs that inhabit my backyard.