[Tome] Prestige Classes

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

I definitely thought that said character level, not class level. Yeah, it's fine based on class level.

In my defense, I was not anything close to sober when I read the class.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

One of my players is playing a Bear themed Druid who spends most of his time Wildshaped into bear form. His next level is going to be a level of Tome Monk for the AC bonuses and extra attack.

Guess its just the season for Ninja Bears!
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Wojtek approves of this, Rob.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Maybe this is a little late, but shouldn't the Pirate Ninja stack with levels of Swashbuckler and Ninja for level-dependent abilities?

It seems dumb that you probably can't use the Ninja'd ability for taking a Ninja/Swashbuckler hybrid, for instance.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That's actually a valid point. It seems rabbits do have good eyesight from eating all those carrots.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Found it! Note: not actually MY invention, but a friend who has no account here.

Jesus

Only those truly chosen ever become Jesuses, and those that do often find their lives a constant trial after they take up the path. However, while they often bemoan this fact, they accept their fate with humility.

Introspective monks often find themselves drawn to become Jesuses, and bards and paladins are also likely Jesuses, although the latter may find it difficult to cast aside their warlike ways. Still, the most common class to become a Jesus is actually the Expert, due to the expert's greater connection with the common folk.

Hit Die d4

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Any Good
Feats: Vow of non-violence
Skills: Craft (woodwork) 8 ranks, Diplomancy 8 ranks, Perform (oratory) 8 ranks
Special: Must believe is son of deity (any with same Alignment).

BAB: poor (as per wizard)
Saves: all good (as per monk)
Skills per level: 2+int

Class Skills: Craft (woodwork), Concentration, Diplomancy, Knowledge (religion), Perform (oratory), Profession (fisherman)

Weapon/Armour Proficiencies: A Jesus gains no new weapon or armour proficiencies.
LevelSpecial1st per day2nd per day3rd per day4th per day
1Nimbus of Light, Water to wine, Cure Disease 1/day0*---
2Jesus Saves0---
3Resist Temptation +1, Walk on water10--
4Cure disease 2/day, Evasion10--
5Loaves and Fishes210-
6Resist temptation +2210-
7Cure disease 3/day, Mettle3210
8The meek shall inherit the Earth3210
9Resist Temptation +34321
10Resurrection/Zombie Jesus, Improved Evasion, Cure disease 4/day4321

*Where a Jesus gets 0 spells of a particular level, he gets only bonus spells due to a high charisma.

Spells per day:

A Jesus casts Divine spells spontaneously based on his charisma. He can cast any spell from the following list:

level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Light, Detect Evil, Protection from Evil, Purify water, Create Water
level 2: Cure Moderate Wounds, Create Food and Water, Magic Circle Against Evil
level 3: Cure Serious Wounds, Leomund's Tiny Shack
level 4: Heal, Leomund's Secure Shelter, Raise Dead

Class Features:
Nimbus of Light (Su): As a standard action, a Jesus can surround himself with a nimbus of light for ten minutes per class level per day. This nimbus of light provides a +2 bonus on charisma based checks when dealing with non-evil creatures.

Water to Wine (Sp): A Jesus can turn enough water into wine each day to get 10-20 people drunk.

Cure Disease (Sp): A level 1 Jesus can cure disease once per day as a spell like ability. The number of times per day he can do this increases every third level thereafter.

Jesus Saves (Ex): A Jesus adds his Charisma bonus (if positive) to all saving throws. This ability does not stack with the Paladin's Divine Grace.

Resist Temptation (Ex): At level 3, a Jesus gets a +1 bonus on all attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks and saving throws against [Evil] Outsiders. This bonus increses to +2 at level 6 and +3 at level 9.

Walk on Water (Su): A Jesus of level 5 or higher can walk on water as though it were solid ground. If the water is rough, he gets movement penalties for travelling over rough terrain.

Evasion (Ex): At fourth level or higher, if a Jesus makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a Jesus is wearing light armour or no armour. A helpless Jesus does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Loaves and Fishes (Sp): If food is available, a Jesus may increase the amount of food once per day to feed everyone present.

Mettle (Ex): At seventh level or higher, if a Jesus makes a successful Fortitude or Will saving throw against a magical attack that is normally Fort partial or Will partial, he instead takes no damage or effect.

The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth (Ex): At eighth level, a Jesus gets a bonus on Perform (oratory) checks equal to his class level when orating to the poor.

Improved Evasion (Ex): At tenth level, a Jesus's evasion ability improves. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Jesus does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Resurrection/Zombie Jesus (Su): If a level 10 Jesus sacrifices his life for others (argue with your DM), then three days later he will be resurrected as per the spell True Resurrection. This ability only works once. If he is raised as an undead during these three days, then he gains the Zombie template (regardless of what they tried to turn him into), retains his Jesus levels and Wis, Int and Cha scores and is not under the control of the one who raised him.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

First of all: :rofl:

Are you looking for feedback on it?

I'm not sure, as you said you weren't the one who made it.

If not, ignore this (spoilered for your convenience).
I recognize that it's a joke class (but so were the classes from the Dungeonomicon, which all can pull their weight) but it seems unable to contribute in combat offensively in any meaningful way.

It has great defenses and all, but I can't see a Jesus aid in a fight besides as a healbot (maybe that's the intent?).

I'd draw more inspiration from the Jesus who "[does] not come to bring peace, but a sword."

After all, this is for a game about stabbing things in the face, and taking their stuff, as Frank would say.

Maybe give it better BAB, or HP, or both?

The spell list could use some rounding out too, even if it's just more defensive and/or healing effects.

Or perhaps it should just give +1 to existing spellcasting, and if the character has no existing spellcasting this gives levels of cleric spellcasting?

There needs to be some sort of dinosaur related ability, because of Jesus Horses and Raptor Jesus.

Also, I think that the Resurrection option of the capstone should bring the Jesus back as a native outsider.

And the Jesus should be able to throw out atonement effects because Jesus Forgives.

Finally, I think it should radiate good like a cleric, paladin, or outsider.
I guess that's more of a massive, loosely organized pile of any and every possible change I could think of than anything that could be called coherent feedback.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

This was made in '06, possibly even earlier. Before I had heard of the Tomes, and back when, in order for people to accept something on the WotC boards, it had to suck a lot of dick.

If I was to do it these days it would be different, but back then I probably would have made it just as weak as she did, and at any rate, I see no need to redo it on the off-chance that someone out there really wants levels in Jesus.

It was mostly just for a few laughs, being related to the thread where people were arguing about Jesus being God or not. Not that it could even be confusing, I mean:

"God creates us, then gives us the ability to piss him off, then sacrifices himself to himself to appease himself so he can then save us from himself after we piss him off." How much simpler can it get?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Yeah, I figured as much.

It is really funny.
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Maybe give him a whip proficiency? John 2:14-15 Spiked Chain Jesus would be a little scary.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

It's the kind of build that makes enemies shout "JESUS CHRIST" and the PC says "... Yes?"
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.