Stay Classy Paizo.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

I rest my case that this is "Hate on Zine" day :P.

And really, we all know "I'm putting you on Ignore" is just BS. It's just a lame personal attack, because you people keep saying you "put me on ignore" but never actually bother to ignore me anyway.

And yeah, I take up plenty of vertical screen space. Because unlike most people who think one post is good enough to answer everyone's concern, I try to answer every one's concerns individually.

But hey, if you prefer "lumping", here you all go :P

So again, I'm finding it amusing you're all having this little group therapy session to justify that you're all not just a bunch of anti-social misfits.

(Also, for the record, my "Canadian Stoner friend" is Meikle. No, it's not his fault I found this place. You can stop blaming him)

Red Rob->

Oh, and why I called Crissa that? Because it's true and she was claiming my sources were from a scam site (even though she clearly never read it).

Koumei->

And yes, you do belong to the same club. See above. I'm just glad I was able to provide a common enemy for all of you to the point that you now specifically even claim that you stopped putting each other on ignore just to make more lame "we hate Zine" spamming. :thumb:
Last edited by Zinegata on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

maddd0g wrote:Can't you guidos just have buttlove and make up already?

Christ.

;]
Kaelik likes to argue he should always be on top :P
erik
King

Post by erik »

Psychic Robot wrote:Hey, fucktards, let's spend less time talking about Kaelik and Zinegata and more time talking about Paizo sucking horse cock. Commenting on someone's posting style is shitposting and nobody gives a fuck about your ignore list and your other assorted [EDITED] e-peen bullshit.
Is there any further discussion to be had on Paizo really?

I'm not sure what more can be said on that front. Some of us feel it is reasonable to poke and prod them to try and do better, others have grown tired of that pursuit.

As for ignore lists...

I think it is quite legitimate to bring up once when you put someone on ignore because otherwise they might still think you are listening to them. Also if they actually care about whether people read what they write then they might actually change how they post.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Zinegata wrote:Red Rob->

Oh, and why I called Crissa that? Because it's true and she was claiming my sources were from a scam site (even though she clearly never read it).
What? This is the internet Zine, we can still read what you wrote. Here's the quote in full:
Zinegata wrote:
Crissa wrote:Actually, that some people play a shitty version of the game you play does affect you. Because this is a social game. Which requires more than one person.
Hey, moronic bitch.

You don't have to play with those people. You're a lying shit by saying that because it's a "social" game, you have to play with people who like shitty games.

The truth of the matter is you play with friends. Who share the same tastes as you do. So who fucking cares about Paizo fanatics? You're not playing with them. A tabletop RPG is not a fucking MMORPG where you're forced to play with assholes.
What sources? What scam site? Crissa made a perfectly reasonable point. The fact gaming requires more than one person means that if there are more bad games out you will have to play in more bad games. How do you know Crissa's friends aren't Paizo fanatics?

Your response was uncalled for and out of place. You attacked a poster who had posted only reasoned points whilst filling half the thread with shitty pointless posts about how a homebrew patch fix with no marketing isn't as well known as a published system by a successful company. You are objectively making the Den a worse place by just being here.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

erik wrote:As for ignore lists...

I think it is quite legitimate to bring up once when you put someone on ignore because otherwise they might still think you are listening to them. Also if they actually care about whether people read what they write then they might actually change how they post.
This is actually why I hate lumping responses into one big post. Because exceptions are often lost.

It's actually fine if you're saying that "I'm putting you on Ignore, and maybe your posting will improve". Or if it's for informative purposes.

However, most people here are simply claiming they "put me on their ignore list before" and how "I've put this bad person off my ignore list!". Often without telling me. So clearly, they're not trying to be informative.

If you don't like me, be up front about it. I call Crissa names because I hate her. I don't believe in saying "I ignore you" as a euphemism for dislike.

Only Kaelik - out of the whole Den - has the decency to tell it straight to my face that he hates me (and I hate him back, but for different reasons). Koumei on the other hand is the worst with her evasiveness. She didn't even say I was already on her Ignore list when I offered to DM for her. And yet she sat through an entire session, said she was happy and had fun, only for me to find out months later that she actually didn't want to play.

Gee, why not tell me from the get-go that you didn't want to have me as DM? It would have saved us both a lot of time.

So again, yeah, there are people who use Ignore legitimately. The people here though? They're just not up-front with what they really want to say.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Red_Rob wrote:What sources? What scam site? Crissa made a perfectly reasonable point.
It was a carry-over from another thread (In MPSIMS, the What are you reading now thread). Don't worry. I got warned by the admin for it.

Like I just said, I hate Crissa. I try to control it, really, by attempting to simply ignore her completely. But when she starts making ridiculous claims that "I am an intellectual because I think a lot" while at the same time dismissing Maj's entire argument without bothering to read what Maj recommended, I like to break out the sledgehammer. And sometimes it gets carried over multiple threads (I'm not gonna claim that's a good thing.).

Because ever since I entered the Den I've had to put up with her mocking my legitimate sources, her sleazy debating tactics, and making replies to my posts that are totally out of this world.

The latter is particularly bad because many idiots in the Den tend to read Crissa's replies, think that was my original position, and then start accusing me of spreading around points I never made.

This is why "Read what I actually fucking wrote" has become one of my most-used statements.

But, again, I was told to tone the vitriol down, so you'll won't have to see any more of that from me again.
Last edited by Zinegata on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yes, and 'I hate Crissa' is hardly relevant to shitty memes fucking up the social pool that is required to play the game.

-Crissa
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Crissa wrote:Yes, and 'I hate Crissa' is hardly relevant to shitty memes fucking up the social pool that is required to play the game.

-Crissa
Hey, if it's gonna be "Hate on Zine" day, might as well share the hate!
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Zinegata wrote:
Crissa wrote:Yes, and 'I hate Crissa' is hardly relevant to shitty memes fucking up the social pool that is required to play the game.

-Crissa
Hey, if it's gonna be "Hate on Zine" day, might as well share the hate!
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Kind of on the original topic:

I really don't see the point in going there and trying to help them/argue with them. At some point in early development, it became clear it wouldn't do any good, and an unofficial rivalry started up (they hated the Den from the get-go because ___, we respond with typical hatred of them).

As a result, sure, if anyone comes here and thinks it's good, we should do our best to convince them otherwise. Other places, too. But going there? They're going to view it as deliberate trolling, or an invasion by the Den, called up by the masterminds Frank & K (who obviously are in command and want this war to happen).

They made their mind up: they don't want to listen. Going back there and trying again means they'll get aggressive about it again. It's better to let them just have their little hugbox and leave them alone.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

It's better to let them just have their little hugbox and leave them alone.
I think they are capable of learning. They're just extremely slow about it.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Psychic Robot wrote:
You're kidding, right?
K
King

Post by K »

Koumei wrote:
As a result, sure, if anyone comes here and thinks it's good, we should do our best to convince them otherwise. Other places, too. But going there? They're going to view it as deliberate trolling, or an invasion by the Den, called up by the masterminds Frank & K (who obviously are in command and want this war to happen).
I like talking about DnD, and I am willing to put up with a fair amount of crap to do so. That's my "master plan", so if that threatens them I am at a loss.

Frank thinks I am a masochist for going to Paizo forums. And because I play FFXI. It's hard to argue.

I guess I should just expect gaming forums to suck, like the time we won, lost, and also got an honorable mention for the Wish and the Word in an Optimization Contest on the WotC board. The assumption that people can be consistent or reasonable is heart-breakingly false.
Last edited by K on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

K wrote: Frank thinks I am a masochist for going to Paizo forums. And because I play FFXI. It's hard to argue.
...yeah, two pieces of supporting evidence right there.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Vnonymous
Knight

Post by Vnonymous »

I think the nipple clamps and electric shocks would actually be a step up from that.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Psychic Robot wrote:
Well, if you shock a cockroach for 45 minutes every time it does something you don't want it to do, it will learn to stop doing that.

Keep in mind though that this is hundreds, if not thousands of nasty shocks.

With that said, Crissa is a fucktard. She is a fucktard because she very rarely follows any sort of logical correlation in her argument, and she is a fucktard because her posts only rarely pertain to the topic at hand, as opposed to some irrelevant derailing bullshit, or a straw feminist movement, or crying about the exact subject of a thread instead of just getting the fuck out if she doesn't want to talk about that subjct. However despite her hatred of spear like phalluses she has managed to post something relevant and correct here. Namely, that Pathfinder makes the gaming community as a whole objectively worse, by introducing more bullshit we have to filter out to get a quality game.

Moreover, Crissa does not respond to every single mother fucking post in a thread not made by her, and Crissa does not go nearly as far in her douchebaggery as Zinegata.

So ultimately, Crissa wins your little fail battle you got going there. And that's enough smiting imbeciles for now.
Psychic Robot wrote:Hey, fucktards, let's spend less time talking about Kaelik and Zinegata and more time talking about Paizo sucking horse cock. Commenting on someone's posting style is shitposting and nobody gives a fuck about your ignore list and your other assorted [EDITED] e-peen bullshit.
What is there to discuss? 'Paizo needs to choke on horse cum and die already'. Discussion concluded. /topic
Last edited by Roy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

No, I think you're a masochist for going to Paizo and playing FFXI from the US.

Frank is just passing on and agreeing with the message ^-^

-Crissa
DMReckless
Journeyman

Post by DMReckless »

Actually, K's thread there seems to be one of the better signal to noise ratio threads on the subject of Magical Winnings. Only a little bit of bitching. Now, THIS thread is a giant bitching waste of time, space, and electrons.

But I play and run Pathfinder, so I suck anyway.

I do, however, appreciate some of the ideas in K's thread, and have pulled quite a bit of useful thought processes out of Denian posts, and that's why I lurk around here. That and to make the occasional filatio joke.

That's what 13-3, or is it just 13-2.01, since I'm obviously just a Pathloser Bulmahnsucker?

[Edit-this, BTW is not a Sympathy Troll Post. I may be retarded but I'm not retarded enough to think I could elicit sympathy.]
Last edited by DMReckless on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

K wrote:Frank thinks I am a masochist for going to Paizo forums. And because I play FFXI. It's hard to argue.
The Paizo Forums? That's a debatable point. But FFXI? Yes, you are a masochist. :lol:
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Ganbare Gincun wrote:Based on my personal experience with "hot nerd girls", ~99% of them are damaged goods. Best to ride them like a rollercoaster until you get sick of them and move on. But don't get caught up in their head games, and don't sacrifice your dignity just to score a piece of ass. Chances are good that the girl of your dreams is really the village bicycle.

At the end of the day, your odds of finding a "hot nerd girl" that's actually worth a shit are about as good as your odds of winning the lottery or becoming an EVA pilot. It's better to focus your attention on nerd girls that may be "less hot" but are "more sane" - someone that you can actually develop a healthy relationship with.
Yeah, it's pretty rare. I only know of two "hot nerd girls" that are also sane, stable, and without drama.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
maddd0g
1st Level

Post by maddd0g »

virgil wrote:
Ganbare Gincun wrote:Based on my personal experience with "hot nerd girls", ~99% of them are damaged goods. Best to ride them like a rollercoaster until you get sick of them and move on. But don't get caught up in their head games, and don't sacrifice your dignity just to score a piece of ass. Chances are good that the girl of your dreams is really the village bicycle.

At the end of the day, your odds of finding a "hot nerd girl" that's actually worth a shit are about as good as your odds of winning the lottery or becoming an EVA pilot. It's better to focus your attention on nerd girls that may be "less hot" but are "more sane" - someone that you can actually develop a healthy relationship with.
Yeah, it's pretty rare. I only know of two "hot nerd girls" that are also sane, stable, and without drama.
We're talking about women here. By most people's standards, none of them are sane, stable, and without drama. But, thats why we love them and their cute little booties.
A Man In Black
Duke

Post by A Man In Black »

When did this go from the daily Paizo two minutes hate to a circlejerk/misogyny thread?
Last edited by A Man In Black on Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonChild
Knight-Baron

Post by DragonChild »

Someone dared to mention women. The gamer guys who are unattractive, insane, unstable, and totally drama-infested tend to freak out when that happens.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Which is why I didn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. The privilege was just reeking.

-Crissa
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Crissa wrote:Which is why I didn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. The privilege was just reeking.
Fuck you Crissa, none of this privileged shit today. People are stupid. People get traumatized about past relationships with people they cared for, and deal with that by deciding that person is crazy. Then they say stupid shit like "All men are pigs." when they are talking with their girlfriends. Or in this case, the gamer guy equivalent "all hot nerdy women are drama infested crazies."

The reason your blatant sexism is annoying is because you have to make every stupid thing any male does be about how he's a male oppressing poor women, even when the female equivalent is just as prevalent.

Was the random "All hot nerds are shitty." back slapping retarded? Yes. Was it indicative of the evil male privileged? No, because it's exactly the same thing that heterosexual women do about men, and gays guys do about gay guys, and probably, all though I have no experience, what lesbians do about other lesbians.

Get over your obsession with gender. Some things are not about gender.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.