A furniture is you.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

NineInchNall
Duke

A furniture is you.

Post by NineInchNall »

Inspired by the stupid planar/afterlife/alignment thread in IMHO, what sort of furniture would you prefer to spend eternity as?

Personally, I'd probably go with being a TV cabinet. That way there would always be interesting going on around me, or more accurately inside me, I suppose.

On the other hand, being a podium in a legislative building would be pretty cool, too.
Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Coat rack, I figure it's easy work and I'd get to see everyone coming and going, living their lives.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

High-class Hollywood tanning booth.

Not only would I be able to see everything but I would also be able to lock in the actors/writers/directors I don't like and give them ultra-cancer.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:High-class Hollywood tanning booth.

Not only would I be able to see everything but I would also be able to lock in the actors/writers/directors I don't like and give them ultra-cancer.
And you've got the plot for a bad horror movie right there.

I'd go with something antique that gets looked after. Anything that isn't going to get bashed in a mover's van.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

I'd like to be an important prototype in a museum somewhere. I get well cared for and get to watch people go by all day.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

A table so that some day someone might use me as the awesome weapon that I would be!
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

To be honest, being almost any type of furniture is better than both the Crhistian version of Heaven and the Christian version of Hell. Both sound unbearable to me.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Count: I'll agree with you on the Christian concepts of hell and heaven.

I used to mention to people who'd try to convert me in east texas that I often felt that the Christian Heaven seemed like my kinda hell and heaven would just be everyday living as we have now. It frustrated people so and I've even made one wonder how I could consider the idea of heaven and hell that was so taught in churches to be the exact opposite. That one cursed me to burn in hell. he was 16 so I didn't pay him anymind though.

But, yes the banality and reversability of these two concepts definitely make the unbearable to me.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I was told that Heaven was being a disembodied soul for all eternity by my mother when I was about 8. I asked her if there was anything to do and she started getting angry and kept interrupting me with "NO! You're just souls!"

The idea filled me with abject horror, and still does to this day.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Tablecloth: you get laid three times a day and pulled off after each meal.

(Ba-dum-tish!)
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

My friend described heaven as you just stare at god all day. For eternity. I'd hope he'd be entertaining.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Juton wrote:My friend described heaven as you just stare at god all day. For eternity. I'd hope he'd be entertaining.
I hear god does side splitting impressions.

-Username17
Nicklance
Master

Post by Nicklance »

I'll be a d20. Roll on!
There ain't no rest for the wicked.
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Twain did a great bit on how Heaven is hellish in Letters From The Earth.
His heaven is like himself: strange, interesting, astonishing, grotesque. I give you my word, it has not a single feature in it that he actually values. It consists -- utterly and entirely -- of diversions which he cares next to nothing about, here in the earth, yet is quite sure he will like them in heaven.
Linky!
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

I'd say microphone stand in a concert hall. Hopefully one that features good music and standup.
Last edited by TOZ on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.