Use of the p-word in posts.

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Lago_AM3P
Duke

Use of the p-word in posts.

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Could we please stop repeatedly using the word 'penis' and comparing things to penile length and accusing people of whacking each other upside the head with penii and all that?

My wife, a fine and pure of a woman that has ever been conceived, is more than a little bit disturbed by the repeated use of the male genitals in conversation. Plus, when you use that word a lot, she comes to expect a standard I have no hope of living up to.

Note: Lago does not really have a wife and in truth women are repulsed by his blatant deviancy and severe emotional neediness. :(

But seriously, yeah.
Boulie_98
Journeyman

Re: Use of the p-word in posts.

Post by Boulie_98 »

I rarely use it but if you rather I didn't use it at all that's okay.
rapanui
Knight

Post by rapanui »

Lago said:
"penii"

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mpl ... br][br]The preffered terms are penes or penises.

Also, although I personally don't see the problem (unless the organ itself is offensive, as Larry David hypothesizes in Curb Your Enthusiasm) I'm not particularly prone to using the word, so I guess this post does not apply to me.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I purposely used the word 'penii' for humorous effect.

Or... something. I guess it wasn't... all... that... humorous, I guess.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Lago... "penii" has been in use in my house for decades, and since growing up in my house hasn't traumatized me, the reminder of all things home is a good one.

And it's funny, too.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

As a blatant offender, I promise stop doing it flagrantly, but can't stop from using wonderfully descriptive phases like "short in the pants" when they best apply to a situation.