[Let's Play] Fighting Fantasy 61 - Bloodbones

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Which of these should I host a Let's Play of next?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:59 pm

Fighting Fantasy Never-Completed: Trial of Champions, Starship Traveller, Freeway Fighter, Seas of Blood, Portal of Evil, Battleblade Warrior, or Island of the Undead (say which one in comments if you choose this one)
No votes
Fighting Fantazine Mini-Adventure: Return to Icefinger Mountains. Sequel to Caverns of the Snow Witch.
50%
Fighting Fantazine Mini-Adventure: Vengeance at Midnight. Sequel to Appointment With F.E.A.R.
50%
Marvel Super Heroes Gamebook: Through Six Dimensions. In this gamebook you play Dr. Strange.
No votes
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Gamebook: Curse of the Werewolf. In this gamebook you play the warrior Feral, who fought in the Khefan border wars for three years and is now returning home to the village of Mennan, where his late father Agnor the Wolf ruled.
No votes
Golden Dragon Fantasy Gamebook: Crypt of the Vampire.
No votes
Golden Dragon Fantasy Gamebook: Castle of Lost Souls.
No votes
Sorcery! as a warrior.
No votes
I would not participate in any of these.
No votes

Total votes: 2

Beroli
Prince

Re: [Let's Play] Fighting Fantasy 61 - Bloodbones

Post by Beroli »

And thus it ends. You saw most of the gamebook as it was, but let me know if you have any questions.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Thank you for running this adventure, Beroli.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Thanks for running.

Might just be me, but this one seems a bit long, and when it stops being about pirate stuff and moves onto islander stuff (which, ok, not a million miles away from pirate stuff) it felt a bit disjointed. But still, one of the better FF books, I feel.
pragma
Knight-Baron

Post by pragma »

This was fun. Where was the amulet that we missed, and what items could we have brought to best against quezkari?
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

Amulet? If you mean the Ivory Lion Charm, it's something you could have bought at the market near the beginning but didn't choose to.

If you had gotten Lucky instead of Unlucky when you searched the pirates' hideout and got bitten by a spider, you would have found a blue gem which is the only item useful against Quezkari at the end (and would have turned the final fight into a joke, by costing it 3 Skill and 6 Stamina). Everything else you could have tried would have been useless or worse: a Witchdoctor's Wand, a Monkey Totem, or a Scorpion Talisman all lead to "it does nothing and Quezkari hits you for 2 damage while you're messing around with it," while a Skeleton Artefact increases its Skill by 1.
Queen of Swords
Prince

Post by Queen of Swords »

Thanks for running this!