WoTC hires Pinkertons to get stuff back

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

WoTC hires Pinkertons to get stuff back

Post by phlapjackage »

https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/commen ... magic_the/

Seems a guy got hold of some MtG cards he shouldn't have had (legally? illegally?), and posted about them on YT. So WoTC had some Pinkertons go over to his place to get the merchandise back.
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
PseudoStupidity
Master

Re: WoTC hires Pinkertons to get stuff back

Post by PseudoStupidity »

I love the new, inclusive WoTC that hires murderers to collect cardboard for them. Imagine breaking somebody's kneecaps for a Mirari, though.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

It appears to be that someone literally sent them to him by mistake early, making the part where the Pinkertons showed up and threatened him not actually any worse, but like, if you happen to be an evil psychopath who thinks rent-a-murder threats are acceptable in some circumstance, this is definitely not one of them!
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, I was surprised the Pinkertons even existed any more, given my knowledge of them beforehand was just "something Civil War" and "gunning down striking workers or maybe just people forming unions".
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Unlike Sears or Kodak, there's never been a time when corporations don't want strike busters.
-This space intentionally left blank
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.