Biden Announces Reelection Campaign

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Re: Biden Announces Reelection Campaign

Post by Kaelik »

Turns out that time where Israel tortured aid workers to admit to false hamas links and then the Biden admin immediately cut all aid funding to THE Palestinian aid org on Israels word, and I previously showed CBS or whatever basically strongly implying they were tortured:

Wow, the UN did an investigation of the claims and discovered they were tortured into false claims! https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_ ... mas-links/
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

My guess about why military has been air dropping stuff in and going for this pier thing, instead of doing the much more sane thing is that they are afraid of any 'accidents' that might happen. Given how openly delusional Biden has been, up to and including being at odds with others in his own administration, he probably doesn't believe anything would be done on purpose but I suspect most military advisors would generally advise against sending US troops into someone else's warzone even if that danger is exactly the kind of thing we should be risking or military for (actually doing something to help people). Avoiding "Boots on the ground" is also an important obsession for the NYT absorbing crowd along with finding the worst people to print lies to justify the genocide of brown people.

Of course there are plenty of real threats he could make to the IDF of course to solve the greater issue but doing the right thing seems to never be on the table for American leaders.
Last edited by MGuy on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

PseudoStupidity wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:56 pm
On the pier thing, it'll take at least a month to build (I saw a projection of 30-60 days) and seems like an incredibly stupid idea. Why not just make Israel let aid through? Why not force Israel to stop their genocide? This is such a non-solution I genuinely have no idea who the Democrats think it will sway. What fucking idiot would hear about the pier and respond "oh they're building a pier, finally the US is doing something about the genocide!" Such a gaggle of murderous dipshits, what is this three-stooges-meets-Hitler fuckery?
It does seem to be currently accepted doctrine that a vague veneer to hide your intent is desirable for supporters who like pretending you aren't evil.
MGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:19 am
My guess about why military has been air dropping stuff in and going for this pier thing, instead of doing the much more sane thing is that they are afraid of any 'accidents' that might happen. Given how openly delusional Biden has been, up to and including being at odds with others in his own administration, he probably doesn't believe anything would be done on purpose but I suspect most military advisors would generally advise against sending US troops into someone else's warzone even if that danger is exactly the kind of thing we should bee risking or military for (actually don't something to help people). Avoiding "Boots on the ground" is also an important obsession for the NYT absorbing crowd along with finding the worst people to print lies to justify the genocide of brown people.

Of course there are plenty of real threats he could make to the IDF of course to solve the greater issue but doing the right thing seems to never be on the table for American leaders.
This also seems likely.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Biden agrees to ban pride flags at US embassies to compromise with the GOP. Because apparently we are doing that thing where the president tries to make clear he gives no fucks for anyone and will throw any democratic voter under the bus as fast as possible to get some bipartisanship with the Nazis, in Biden's countermove to Trump spending all the RNC budget on his legal bills.

Dueling attempts to lose the presidency, how shall Trump answer?

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
PseudoStupidity
Master

Post by PseudoStupidity »

It seems Trump responded with an actual decent move that panders to his base (and to most liberals too), going to some dead pig's funeral for a photo op.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/09/busi ... ds-nytimes

News so desperate for money they just really really want to have pointless repeat debates.

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Either candidate debating right now would very possibly work against them. If we're lucky people will see them for the pointless, and boring, spectacle that they really are.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Joe Biden commenting on the Arizona reinstatement of a 1864 law banning abortion "vote for me, I'm living in the 20th century" and boy isn't that a perfect summary of both the democratic and republican parties at the same time.

Neo Phonelobster Prime
Knight

Post by Neo Phonelobster Prime »

Yeah but, I mean, fair enough. He is.
- The rarely observed alternative timeline Phonelobster
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Neo Phonelobster Prime wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:56 pm
Yeah but, I mean, fair enough. He is.
Yeah! It's true! He is! That's the problem! His Israel policy is trapped in 1973, his abortion policy is trapped in 1973, his civil rights policy is trapped in 1980s crime panic, ect.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

We have found the next play in Trying to Lose the Election: The Game.

Trump looking pathetic and whining about having to hear jurors mocking him? Damn, that sounds like he might lose, time for Biden to STEP UP HIS GAME.

What's that, the Feds are going around seizing the supplies of various weed stores in states where weed is legal to shut them down and the Biden admin has responded "yeah it's illegal federally."

Damn, that's a hella strong play. Biden really has a chance to lose this thing if he keeps pulling out moves like THIS.

There are some reports that it's actually a bunch CBP agents who just decided to start stealing it and selling it, in uniform, and they can do that because there is no accountability for the CBP for anything any of them ever does, but it's hard to ascertain the truth, because senior officials, when pressed by the governor of new mexico, just say "it's illegal fuck you, we do what we want" and it's impossible to tell if that's because senior officials are part of the unaccountable crime gang or because Biden really wants this.

Anyway, both of those things are extremely fucked up. Wonder if maybe liberals should stop spending all their time campaigning for a law to make CBP godkings of the border responsible for arresting everyone who crosses and instead of destroying this entire fucking agency.