[Let's Play] Lone Wolf - Kai Series

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

SGamerz
King

Re: [Let's Play] Lone Wolf - Kai Series

Post by SGamerz »

Through the hills. We've been heading east for a while, and Holmgard is to the southeast of the monastery, so if we need to balance between the 2 directions.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

That seems reasonable.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Votes registered; Lone Wolf will leave the stream and make his way on foot through the wooded hills to the south.

The forest begins to thin out until finally you spot a wide road through the tree line ahead. It is a broad highway, and it is choked with people heading south. Many of these people are riding in carts drawn by horses and oxen, and some are wheeling their possessions along on handcarts. They look fearful, and you see them often raising their weary heads to scour the surrounding skies. Judging from their clothes and the nature of their possessions, you feel certain that these people must be refugees from the city of Toran.
     If you wish to join this procession of people and perhaps learn more of what has happened in the north of Sommerlund, turn to 42.
     If you would prefer to stay within the cover of the forest, you can continue your journey couth by turning to 241.

Please make your votes on whether to join the Holmgard Trail or remain hidden before 9:00 AM PDT to guarantee that they will be counted.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Join procession
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

I actually vote to stay under cover.
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

Join the procession.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Votes counted; travelling the Holmgard Trail wins by a 2-1 vote.

The people are hungry and exhausted. They have traveled many miles during the night, desperate to get away from their burning city. Suddenly, you hear the beat of huge wings coming from the north.
     “Kraan, Kraan! Hide yourselves!” The cry goes up all along the road.
     Just in front of you, a wagon carrying small children breaks down, its right wheel jammed in a deep furrow. The children scream, terrified by the approaching Kraan.

If you wish to help the children, turn to 285.
     If you decide to ignore their plight and run for the cover of the trees, turn to 396.

Please make your votes on whether to try to save the kids before 9:00 AM PDT to guarantee that they will be counted.
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

Help them.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Help them.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Boo! No cool eyepatched kid in this bunch! Leave them to their fate!

Help, I guess.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Apologies for the delay, work today took a lot longer than expected. I have registered your votes to help the poor children.

You sprint towards the wagon. People are running everywhere in panic as the Kraan begin their attack. They swoop low and snatch their poor victims off into the sky. A large Kraan comes gliding in to hover above the wagon, and three snarling Giaks drop from its back onto the startled horses. The children scream with terror. You must fight these enemies quickly, or abandon your rescue and seek cover from the attacks in the shelter of a nearby farmhouse.
     If you wish to fight the Giaks, turn to 308.
     If you decide instead to abandon the children and run to the farmhouse, turn instead to 208.

Please make your votes on whether to commit to saving the kids or to abandon them to increase our hero's chances of survival before 9:00 AM PDT to guarantee that they will be counted.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Damn, these kids are uglier than the Giak. That settles it, run for the farmhouse. There may be cuter kids worth saving there.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

We've offed a bunch of those monsters before, we can kill a few more. Save the kids.
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

Oh hey, those we tried to rescue are actually in danger? Let's run away then!--no, of course fight the Giaks.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Votes counted; fighting the Giaks over abandoning them wins by a 2-1 vote.

The ghoulish creatures thrust their spears at you and attack. You must fight these creatures as a single enemy.

Orgadak-taagim Giaks:
COMBAT SKILL 15       ENDURANCE 13

If you win, you can run to the safety of the farmhouse by turning to 208.
     Or you can return to the woods by turning to 494.

The combat:
Combat Ratio: 15 + 2 (Mindblast) + 2 (Kai Shield) + 1 (Sword) – 15 = 5
Round 1 Roll: 1
Player Endurance: 22 – 4 = 18
Orgadak-taagim Giaks Endurance: 13 – 6 = 7
Round 2 Roll: 5
Player Endurance: 18 – 2 = 16
Orgadak-taagim Giaks Endurance: 7 – 10 = -3

Due to rolling the cursed 1 in the first round, Lone Wolf takes a total of 6 ENDURANCE points damage before killing the Orgadak-taagim Giaks in two rounds. Having increased his fascist kill count by 3 and suddenly feeling okay with leaving the children by themselves, Lone Wolf now has to decide between the farmhouse or the woods as his next safe spot. Please make your votes on which refuge to head to before 9:00 AM PDT to guarantee that they will be counted.

ACTION CHART
KAI DISCIPLINES:
1. Sixth Sense
2. Healing: +1 ENDURANCE point for each section without combat
3. Hunting: no need for a Meal when instructed to eat
4. Mindblast: +2 COMBAT SKILL points
5. Mindshield: no points lost when attacked by Mindblast
WEAPONS:
1. Sword (+1 COMBAT SKILL)
2. Double-bladed Axe (+1 COMBAT SKILL)
BACKPACK:
1. Laumspur (+4 ENDURANCE)
2. Kai Battle Crystal
3. Meal
4. Laumspur (+4 ENDURANCE)
5. Laumspur (+4 ENDURANCE)
6. Alether (+2 COMBAT SKILL for one fight)
SPECIAL ITEMS:
• Kai Shield (+2 COMBAT SKILL when used in combat)
• Kai Gold Key
BELT POUCH: 16 Gold Crowns
COMBAT SKILL: 15
ENDURANCE POINTS: 16/22
RULES:
• When in combat, stop to ask whether to use any items or abilities if ENDURANCE is less than 11 or Combat Ratio is less than -4
FASCIST KILL COUNT: 14
RESURRECTIONS USED: 0
Last edited by JourneymanN00b on Thu May 04, 2023 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

Head for the woods. Holing up in the farmhouse won't get us anywhere.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Search the farmhouse for loot, and if there are none, for the extra healing section anyway.
JourneymanN00b wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:35 pm
Having increased his fascist kill count by 3 and suddenly feeling okay with leaving the children by themselves, Lone Wolf now has to decide between the farmhouse or the woods as his next safe spot. P
Clearly, Lone Wolf agrees with me that those kids are too ugly to be worth the effort. Natural Selection and Survival of the Cutest and whatnot.
pragma
Knight-Baron

Post by pragma »

I'm a late arrival, so don't count this as a vote, but I wanted to point out that the farmhouse paragraph reference is the same before and after the fighting giaks, so I think it's a bad outcome.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

pragma wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:59 am
I'm a late arrival, so don't count this as a vote, but I wanted to point out that the farmhouse paragraph reference is the same before and after the fighting giaks, so I think it's a bad outcome.
Just so it is clear, anyone is free to join in at any time. Late arrivals are welcome, and I will count any such votes. All that I ask is that the "Do not post any spoilers" rule be followed. More details on this rule are provided in the OP.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

pragma wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:59 am
That is very much Joe Dever's style. It can also mean that the fight was always completely unnecessary and meaningless (which the fact that there was no mention of rescued children after the fight seems to indicate) and the better option was always to go to the farmhouse.
pragma
Knight-Baron

Post by pragma »

JourneymanN00b wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:09 am
Just so it is clear, anyone is free to join in at any time. Late arrivals are welcome, and I will count any such votes. All that I ask is that the "Do not post any spoilers" rule be followed. More details on this rule are provided in the OP.
Hooray! Expect intermittent and thoroughly unspoilered votes. For the forest, in this case.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Votes counted; heading for the woods wins by a 2-1 vote.

As you race across the open field towards the cover of the nearest woodland, a Kraan swoops down and attempts to snatch you up in its claws. You dodge its attack, but its claws rake your shoulders as they flash by. Before you can draw your weapon and prepare to fight it, the creature abandons its attack and flies away, shrieking with cold malice.
     You reach the woodland, but you have lost 2 ENDURANCE points in doing so.
     Turn to 400.

You have covered less than a mile of woodland when you hear the sounds of a battle taking place. The noises are to the west of your current location.
     If you wish to head nearer to this battle-noise, turn to 183.
     If you decide not to follow the sounds, you can continue on a southerly course through the trees by turning to 8.

To recap, Lone Wolf loses 2 ENDURANCE from a Kraan’s attack during his escape back to the woods, but gains 1 ENDURANCE point back from the non-combat section after that. He now has a choice on whether to approach some nearby battle-noises. Please make your votes on whether Lone Wolf should join in the fray before 9:00 AM PDT to guarantee that they will be counted.

ACTION CHART
KAI DISCIPLINES:
1. Sixth Sense
2. Healing: +1 ENDURANCE point for each section without combat
3. Hunting: no need for a Meal when instructed to eat
4. Mindblast: +2 COMBAT SKILL points
5. Mindshield: no points lost when attacked by Mindblast
WEAPONS:
1. Sword (+1 COMBAT SKILL)
2. Double-bladed Axe (+1 COMBAT SKILL)
BACKPACK:
1. Laumspur (+4 ENDURANCE)
2. Kai Battle Crystal
3. Meal
4. Laumspur (+4 ENDURANCE)
5. Laumspur (+4 ENDURANCE)
6. Alether (+2 COMBAT SKILL for one fight)
SPECIAL ITEMS:
• Kai Shield (+2 COMBAT SKILL when used in combat)
• Kai Gold Key
BELT POUCH: 16 Gold Crowns
COMBAT SKILL: 15
ENDURANCE POINTS: 15/22
RULES:
• When in combat, stop to ask whether to use any items or abilities if ENDURANCE is less than 11 or Combat Ratio is less than -4
FASCIST KILL COUNT: 14
RESURRECTIONS USED: 0
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Find something else to kill.
pragma
Knight-Baron

Post by pragma »

I vote to head nearer to the battle noise.
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

Continue through the trees. We have a message to deliver; trying to single-handedly fight the entire Helgedad army isn't our goal.