Wrath of the Righteous is some really bigotted shit

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Wrath of the Righteous is some really bigotted shit

Post by Kaelik »

We are playing Wrath of the Righteous as our off/chill game where we see how bad the module is without a lot of work correcting it.

It is bafflingly bigotted. It names the humans who try to stop a demonic invasion "Crusaders"

This is just straightforwardly the opposite of reality, where the invaders were you know, the Europeans, and the people opposing an invasion were the Arabic mostly Muslims. But it takes a few extra steps to be shitty. In case the extremely backwards analogy isn't clear, they make clear that they view the Crusades (the real ones, in real life) as being about white Europeans saving land that definitely rightly belonged to them from Evil Muslims by naming all the major Demons with "white guy trying to make up fake arabic names" like "Khorramzadeh" and "Areelu Vorlesh" and then they tie a bunch of rewards to the act of cleaning up a church that the evil muslim demons defiled with their dirty ways.

Because apparently to them, Crusades means "just chilling in my home I've always lived in while people who obviously don't count as rightful residents attack me from elsewhere."
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Foxwarrior
Duke

Re: Wrath of the Righteous is some really bigotted shit

Post by Foxwarrior »

Hey, I picked this adventure path because of the infamous pop quiz, which implied that they had a very skewed idea of what powerful friendly NPCs should be like. So...