[Let's Play] Legendary Kingdoms: The Valley of Bones

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Re: [Let's Play] Legendary Kingdoms: The Valley of Bones

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Akihiro borrows a cloak, a thing which seems like it will be very helpful underwater.
Lore, 5d v 4+:1,3,3,5,5=2, success.
Survival 8d v 4+:6,5,1,1,3,4,1,4=4, success.

The rope is tied. Now the rest of the party must try to haul it aboard whilst it is guided into place by the diver. Your diver cannot help in the following skill check.
     Haul up the cogwheel (Team check)
     Skill and DC: Fighting (5+)
     Successes Required: 3

If you succeed, turn to 352.
If you fail, turn to 807.
Since Aki is in the water, our fight team is Sar Jessica and Tasha, for 17d v 5+:1,2,2,5,6,5,5,2,2,3,6,3,6,2,5,2,6=8, success.

Heaving with steady progress, you eventually pull the great cogwheel from the sea and roll it into the boat. Your jollyboat floats low in the water, and you waste no time rowing it to shore. There is a great cheer from the harbour crew as you moor up. The harbourmaster gratefully presents you with a purse of 300 silver coins. Soon the cogwheel is cleaned up and reinstalled into the crane. Lose the code A32 and gain the code A31.
     Roll 2 dice and compare this to the Survival score of the party member who found the cogwheel. If the result is higher, add one point to their Survival skill. Waving the harbour crew goodbye you return to your ship. Turn to 82.
The advancement check is 6+3=9, so Aki's Survival rises to a natural 8!

You are sailing along the northwest coast of the Valley of Bones. A steady sea breeze counters what would otherwise be an unbearably hot sun. Great cliffs line the coast. Atop them sits a ramshackle city of crude adobe buildings and assorted ruins. A harbour juts dangerously from the cliff face, moored ships bobbing like corks against the pounding waves. Drenched harbourside taverns sit squalidly amongst the docks.
     Pull into Clifftop harbour (turn to 703)?
     Sail north, past the Stonewalls (turn to Drakehallow 420)?
     Sail west into the Bayswater Channel (turn to Crown and Tower 392)?
     Sail south to Cape Porta (turn to 21)?
Or, if you have the code A32 you can consider doing something else (turn to 643)?
With nothing more of note for us to do in this region, we are definitely sailing west here. The question is whether we let our intrepid heroes take their victories into the setting sun and close the book, or continue to accompany them to the fresh challenges of Longport. Let me know.

NameFightingSurvivalStealthCharismaLoreHealthCaster?GearNotes
Sar Jessica Dayne7(10)234(6)311/11xMasterwork Blade (Fighting +3), Steel Greatsword (Fighting +3)*, Shield (Armour +2), Bone Armour (Armour +2), Glittering Necklace (Charisma +2), Fairbrother Family Crest, Ring of the Patriarch, Seal of House Ross, Talisman of St. Elias, Royal Ledger:loveya: x3 for Tasha
:loveya: x1 for Akihiro
Lord Ti'quon4(6)232(3)7(9)7/(9)Steel Scimitar (Fighting +2), Shield (Armour +2), Chain Armour (Armour +2), Handsome Brooch (Charisma +1), Tome of Knowledge (Lore +2), Ring of Health(Max Health +2), Potion of Fluency (+3 Cha hits), Scroll of Rage, Vial of Quicksilver
Tasha4(7)5(6)8(9)5(7)111/11xMasterwork Blade (Fighting +3), Shield (Armour +2), Bone Armour (Armour +2), Amulet of Defense (Armour +1), Warm Cloak (Survival +1), Soft Boots (Stealth +1), Glittering Necklace (Charisma +2), Gold Bullion x2, Potion of Invulnerability:loveya: x3 for Jessica
Akihiro7(10)85(7)2(4)3(5)11/11xSkallos Runeblade (Fighting +3, Lore +2), Steel Scimitar (Fighting +2), Spear (Fighting +0), Shield (Armour +2), Kensai Robes (Armour +3), Fine Boots (Stealth +2), Glittering Necklace (Charisma +2), Handsome Brooch (Charisma +1), Dragonyak Horn, Potion of InvulnerabilityEnlightenment
:loveya: x1 for Sar Jessica

Money: 4155 silver coins.
Spellbook (Ti'quon): Armor of Heaven, Clinging Dread, Magic Cabinet, Shadow Door, Soothing Touch, Unfailing Strike
Codes: A1, A2, A8, A13, A14, A15, A16, A17, A20, A21, A23, A24, A25, A26, A27, A30, A31, A33, A34, A35, A36, A37, A41, A42, A43, A44, A52, A53, A54, A55, A56, A57, A58, A59, A62, A64, A65, A66, A67, A68, A69, A70, A71, A72, A74, A75, A76, A77, A78, A79, A80, A82, A83, A85, A86, A87, A89, A90, A91, A92, A93, A94, A97, A99, A100
The Fleet: The Black Titan (Cursite War Galley; Fighting 6, Health 9, Cargo Space 1; Cursus harbour)
The Vault: 3000 silver coins, Bar of Gold Bullion.
Your Armies: Faithful Irregulars (Strength 1, Morale 4, Saltdad Barracks), Kensai Warriors (Strength 4, Morale 4, Saltdad Barracks), Chalice Archers (Strength 2, Morale 3, Saltdad Barracks), Nomad Horsemen (Strength 4, Morale 3, Saltdad Barracks), Bronzeguard (Strength 5, Morale 5, Saltdad Barracks).
Other: Bando language.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

I guess the only reason to go back south again is to keep trying to trigger that unknown random encounter?

Half a vote to do so. Might as well tie up whatever loose ends we find in this book.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

What are our other options if we were to close the book? I might choose to vote for that instead of proceeding to Crown and Tower.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

If we close the book, I'll probably just take a break. I started this because we had two LPers out sick at the time, and I think everyone's back.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

I personally think you deserve a break and a big thank you for running this Let's Play and holding the line. I will not oppose anyone wanting to continue the series, however.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
pragma
Knight-Baron

Post by pragma »

This was an amazing book! I had a blast! Thanks a bunch for running it. I am sold on the series.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

This one really didn't grab me (I did like the magic kid not really being the extra special magic kid, though), but thanks for running it for 42 pages, that's a lot of effort there.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

This is the first new gamebook series I've played here that actually makes me tempted to try and hunt a copy down and buy it. Thanks for introducing it here!

I'd like to continue playing if there are enough interest, but I understand if everyone else (including the host) wants a break. Especially since there's no specific "good ending" to this series so there's no telling how much longer this can take.