Horrible evil corrupt Cuomo might finally face consequences

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Horrible evil corrupt Cuomo might finally face consequences

Post by Kaelik »

Seems like the new information about just how aggressively Cuomo murdered a bunch of people and then tried to cover it up has caused people normally solidly under Cuomo's thumb in the NY state party to call for his resignation, and the US Attorney's office is investigating.

Unlike when the state investigated Cuomo for his corruption in the past, he can't just fire them and shut down the investigation, so it may possibly be the case that the horribly shitty conservative who has ruled NY with an iron fist and sabotaged every effort to improve things or even provide basic services might finally pay at least enough of a political price that the establishment won't unify behind him to shut out any opposition for his fourth term.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

It would rock if Cuomo faced charges after writing a book about how he dealt with COVID.

American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic, Chapter 1: Don't get fucking arrested for getting people killed.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

In December Lindsay Boylon came out with an accusation that Cuomo sexually harassed her for years and created a permanent culture of men harassing women in the governor's office. Within hours definitely very real memos definitely from her real personnel file were mysteriously leaked to the media by someone, no one could ever know who, saying she actually resigned when SHE was accused of inappropriate behavior and democrats did a little victory dance on a sexual harassment victim being shut down because it meant that their big strong Trumpian governor they worshipped in a personality cult was still good and had never done anything wrong ever. (In December!)

Today she has posted a more comprehensive account including many verifiable facts (like that when she accepted a promotion that would put her closer to Cuomo she refused and when pressured accepted only on the condition she would keep working from her existing office on a different floor).

Also it just includes records verifying the allegations. Like the email where the Director of Governor's offices wrote to her in an email to let her know that the Governor wanted her to look up pictures of his ex girlfriend, who he said she looked like, except she was prettier.

Now, since the thread title says something, let me be clear: I do not believe even a little bit that Cuomo will suffer any consequences for his more than a decade long culture of sexual harassment and many sexual harassment victims and his specific years long sexual harassment of this woman. Joe Biden is president. Democrats don't care about sexual harassment any more than Republicans. If he does suffer anything it will be from killing a bunch of people.

But I just thought it was funny that the definitely fake obviously bullshit accusation disproved by Cuomo leaking OFFICIAL VERY REAL memos that definitely could only be faked by anyone in the Governor's office proved that actually he doesn't do bad things, but also there's literally an email of him making incredibly fucked up advances on a married woman THROUGH HIS STAFF because he can't even be bothered to do it in person, which says a lot about the culture.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Re: Horrible evil corrupt Cuomo might finally face consequences

Post by Kaelik »

Big time fun roller coaster were it briefly seemed like he might actually really face consequences, but it turned out to be about his sexual assault and harassment, not the killing people.

But Cuomo deployed the unbeatable strategy of just saying "No, Fuck you." and so even though everyone with any power at all in the democratic party explicitly said he should resign (Except Biden who definitely does all the stuff that Cuomo was briefly in trouble for, so much so that him doing it was a DEFENSE against a rape allegation, thus Biden did not ask for a resignation) Cuomo said he wouldn't resign, so all the democratic power players agreed that if he doesn't want to resign there is no other thing we could possibly do and he gets to keep being governor forever, and now hardly anyone is even calling for impeachment.

Fun times.

EDIT: For an overview of all the horrible shit Cuomo does and how his sexual harassment is also inextricably linked with his asshole bullying and incompetence as a Governor I recommend this: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... mpaign=nym

In general, I would suggest probably learning the lesson to never listen to about politics anyone who told you Andrew Cuomo was good a year ago.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Cuomo now reopening NY fully with about 1/3rd vaccinated.

I cant tell if this is supposed to distract from his previous murders and sexual assaults or if hes learned the lesson that hes immune and hes just killing more people for profit because he loves doing it.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Packing the NY supreme Court with the most evil people he can find. The Cuomo way. Good thing the legislature just decided to collectively give up on ever holding him accountable and leave it to the AG.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Why do people keep voting for assholes on the grounds that he's "our" asshole, again? It always seems like the setup to a Leopards Eating People's Faces Party meme.
bears fall, everyone dies
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Whipstitch wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:19 am
Why do people keep voting for assholes on the grounds that he's "our" asshole, again? It always seems like the setup to a Leopards Eating People's Faces Party meme.
I do not have a good explanation for why people seem to believe that each individual democrat is an irreplaceable snowflake that must be cherished for infinity years, but they do!

People got mad when we said RGB should retire, people get mad when you say Fienstein should retire, people get mad when you say that Franken should resign, people get mad when you say that Cuomo should resign, people get mad when you say Pelosi is an 80 year who sucks shit and has done nothing about a replacement level democrat and should be replaced. People are currently getting mad when you say Breyer should retire.

People genuinely were saying that the accusations against Cuomo were part of a republican plot to take the governorship. Democrats genuinely reelected an 87 year old with literally no idea what is going on who doesn't remember events from a month ago to go back for 6 more years in the Senate over another democrat. I think that since no democratic president has ever replaced another by winning an election that all the democrats think that if you replace any democrat only republicans are allowed to replace them.

I think a big part of the problem is that all the people with power in the democratic party, including the primary voters, are all over 60 and retired and terrified of new things, so Cuomo has to be governor for 16 years because if anyone else was governor of NY, they would have to learn a new name and that would be really burdensome on them.

The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Kaelik wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 am
I think a big part of the problem is that all the people with power in the democratic party, including the primary voters, are all over 60 and retired and terrified of new things, so Cuomo has to be governor for 16 years because if anyone else was governor of NY, they would have to learn a new name and that would be really burdensome on them.
By that logic, couldn't his younger brother run for governor and win?
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:35 am
Kaelik wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:45 am
By that logic, couldn't his younger brother run for governor and win?
That would probably depend on the media. A combo of name recognition and media coverage can work wonders.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

NY AG report basically just says "Yeah, Cuomo basically sexually harassed and assaulted everyone he could ever find and get his hands on for his entire time as governor, specifically using his power as governor to do a lot of it."

But that's okay. We've passed the brief moment where any accountability was possible. So the legislature will refuse to impeach him and he will win next elections when the NYT endorses him saying "[Leftist] brings good ideas. But it's time to give Cuomo another shot again." just like they did last time.

Lumin
NPC

Post by Lumin »

Whipstitch wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:19 am
The leopard is not eating my face. It's just a little friendly mastication to show affection.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

There's a disturbing number of people online who think that Cuomo is obviously innocent of anything significant and that any suggestion to the contrary is proof that the suggester is an idiot and/or evil. I don't know whether that's people thinking Cuomo is their guy, or whether it's about a backlash against #MeToo. Or both of course.

It doesn't sound like he's necessarily finished though.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I do not know what's going to happen with Cuomo and these days I can't tell if there is a line left that a person in power would have to cross before a substantial amount of any electorate would stop voting for them save for something that directly impacted most of them AND they could associate that thing with a person they were going to elect.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Wholly fucking shit!

(It actually happened.)

Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Yep. Good news. Heard it earlier. Though it might help for you to link to articles of all these things you're stating.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

I'm glad he's gotten got, but it's a shame it's not for the issue my image was about.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I think the most probably correct thing is that if he actually had handled the pandemic well and/or been less of an asshole he could have escaped the sexual assault, but he wasn't, so all the people he had ruthlessly cowed into submission were waiting to turn on him as soon as they were pretty sure he couldn't retaliate, and everyone was pretty fucking tired of him making millions of dollars of killing a bunch of people so even the political centrists weren't willing to make any large steps in his defense.

But mostly I'm kind of glad it was this issue because even if Joe Biden does undermine it, people thinking that sexual assaulters can get taken down even when powerful is going to bring out more sexual assault victims and result in more takedowns of sexual assaulters, but people thinking that murdering people with negligence on behalf of your donors taking you down isn't going to cause anyone new to report a murder by negligence on behalf of donors.

I have no real belief that bad people will be deterred from their bad actions, but I think victims will be responding to expected outcome analysis about coming forward.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

How long before he gets picked up by Ubisoft, BlizzActi, the Australian government or the BritWres scene?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Kaelik wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:20 pm
But mostly I'm kind of glad it was this issue because even if Joe Biden does undermine it, people thinking that sexual assaulters can get taken down even when powerful is going to bring out more sexual assault victims and result in more takedowns of sexual assaulters, but people thinking that murdering people with negligence on behalf of your donors taking you down isn't going to cause anyone new to report a murder by negligence on behalf of donors.
An excellent point, thanks for bringing that up.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

In 2018, Cuomo privately confided to a labor official why he didn't want Democrats in charge of the Senate pre-budget. The Dem leader, Sen. Andrea Stewart-Cousins, would “give free breakfast to all Black people,” he said.

Anyone who ever said that Cuomo was good was either completely uniformed or the highest class of moron.

(This is a thing I was called a conspiracist for claiming, that Cuomo promoted the IDC to keep democrats out of power. The racism is just a fun dash on top.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/14/nyre ... ernor.html

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Significant majorities of NYers support both impeaching Cuomo and arresting him.

And yet, he's still just chilling, being the Governor, and the NY political establishment is busy explaining how you can't impeach anyone who promised to resign at some future time!

Heaven's Thunder Hammer
Master

Post by Heaven's Thunder Hammer »

Kaelik wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:05 pm
Significant majorities of NYers support both impeaching Cuomo and arresting him.

And yet, he's still just chilling, being the Governor, and the NY political establishment is busy explaining how you can't impeach anyone who promised to resign at some future time!
Well, that's modern governments for you.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

New NY Governor acknowledges Cuomo admin hid 12k covid deaths to get better numbers in case anyone was stupid enough to praise cuomos absolutely garbage covid response because they thought he looked good on TV.