Random Thoughts and Musings...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

If I recall correctly, NK's elections are not for a Kim. They vote for their legislature and local peeps, but there's not really competition. As far as I can tell, they have an election to justify the "Democratic" in the country's name.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Maj wrote:If I recall correctly, NK's elections are not for a Kim. They vote for their legislature and local peeps, but there's not really competition. As far as I can tell, they have an election to justify the "Democratic" in the country's name.
The Kim who leads the country at any particular time tends to have a different job title than the previous Kim. The original Kim is still President of the DPRK, despite having died in 1994. He kept the title and was deified in death as the "Eternal President." His son Kim Jong Il was "Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army" since 1991, and has retained that title in death, having been deified into a second Eternal Leader of Juche in 2016. Kim Jong Un is Chairman of the State Affairs Commission.

Each Supreme Leader gets new titles made up for them and gets to keep some of them after death when they continue to rule the country as a ghost.

-Username17
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Eternal Leader.
Dies. Yeah, about that . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
MisterDee
Knight-Baron

Post by MisterDee »

The Kims don't die. They're dubbed Dragonball Z characters, they just go to another dimension.