Blizzard & China & related stuff

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Iduno wrote:
maglag wrote:
Mord wrote: Considering the ongoing "it's Chinese sypware" accusations leveled at the Epic Store, I suspect that Tim Sweeney has to be very vocal about how he totally isn't a Chinese puppet regardless of how far Ma Huateng's hand is jammed up his ass.
Actually they've recently announced that they won't ban players for expressing political views. "Epic doesn't engage in politics or take a position on any political dispute. We've simply said we're a neutral game operator and don't seek to limit what players say. This neutrality applies equally to players on all sides of any disagreement."
"We're not political" is usually what shitbags who support the status quo right after it goes downhill say. Then they followed it with "don't seek to limit what players say"? Wait, there at the end "This neutrality applies equally to players on all sides of any disagreement". All sides is never a good argument.
In this case it's more "Our Evil Overlords will destroy us if we say that they're evil, so we're just going to step back and pretend we don't hear what you're saying about them."
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

With a big league of legends tournament coming up, Riot outright warning their players to avoid political topics.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

maglag wrote:With a big league of legends tournament coming up, Riot outright warning their players to avoid political topics.
Casters have been directed to call the team "Hong Kong Attitude" "HKA"
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-wiYPLZXY
Ooh Blizcon is going to be somewhat uncomfortable.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Stahlseele wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-wiYPLZXY
Ooh Blizcon is going to be somewhat uncomfortable.
Why are you even aware of things that The Quartering says?

So weird now that half of TGD are nazis these days.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I do not know who he is, he is just one of many videos i got displayed to me on youtube to this stuff and the one i clicked on.
Why?

Also: do not call me a nazi you imbecile.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

If merely being aware of someone's views qualifies you as a Nazi, doesn't that make anyone who can identify the Quartering as a Nazi themselves a Nazi?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Stahlseele wrote:I do not know who he is, he is just one of many videos i got displayed to me on youtube to this stuff and the one i clicked on.
Why?

Also: do not call me a nazi you imbecile.
Then don't post videos from far right racists?

I mean, youtube promotes far right racists to everyone right of "politics out of my videogames" in the political spectrum but you don't actually have to link videos from people you "don't know who they are" and in fact it sort of undermines the point to post a single video instead of hypothetically an image of a bunch of them or statement that you are seeing lots of them.

Also I guess if your feed just randomly has bigots popping up, you should look at their videos page before linking them around.
Chamomile wrote:If merely being aware of someone's views qualifies you as a Nazi, doesn't that make anyone who can identify the Quartering as a Nazi themselves a Nazi?
If only that had the faintest relevance to the conversation. Seems like maybe promoting someone's views as likely to be important would be in some meaningful way different from knowing them.

But sure I guess, you can assume that the statement was made solely about the concept of knowing, and not about Stahlsee in specific who might have different circumstances than any possible person who knows anything.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Kaelik wrote:Seems like maybe promoting someone's views as likely to be important would be in some meaningful way different from knowing them.
This is apparently a conclusion you have come to only after your original post:
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:
Kaelik wrote:Seems like maybe promoting someone's views as likely to be important would be in some meaningful way different from knowing them.
This is apparently a conclusion you have come to only after your original post:
Glad to know you are still as disingenuous as ever.

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

"How dare you assume I actually mean the things that I say!"
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:"How dare you assume I actually mean the things that I say!"
"You" is not "all human beings in the universe" so I guess you weren't in fact making a stupid disingenuous comment based on what I said, but instead something I didn't say. Oops.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Can we not derail this thread talking about Kaelik's retarded comment?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Most PRC nationalists I know of despise American liberals and see US conservatives as allies, like Trump was really popular and Hillary hated

you can check the PRC defense reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sino/ to see

I read an article that says China state media is ordered to no longer push the outrage articles against the NBA because the CCp realized it made them look dumb

BLITZchung got his money back! Still banned for 6 months but it shows that the boycottblizz thing works
Mord
Knight-Baron

Post by Mord »

How does pushing outage against the NBA make the PRC look dumb? Is it just a matter of their evil being totally transparent when you call attention to it?
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Kaelik wrote:
"You" is not "all human beings in the universe"
Yes, in this context it means Stahlsee, specifically. I don't know why you think this is a defense. You are still a Nazi according to your own very stupid metric, and even going by your backpedal stance you're accusing people of being fascists because they don't keep an exhaustive list of which YouTubers are and are not fascists.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

OgreBattle wrote: BLITZchung got his money back! Still banned for 6 months but it shows that the boycottblizz thing works
That was so predictable that I predicted it 4 days prior.

-Username17
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Mord wrote:How does pushing outage against the NBA make the PRC look dumb? Is it just a matter of their evil being totally transparent when you call attention to it?
A lot of Chinese enjoy watching the NBA more than they do displays of patriotism. Some also started going “so my flying superhuman heroes are talking about Hong Kong differently than what state media reports??”
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:
Kaelik wrote:
"You" is not "all human beings in the universe"
Yes, in this context it means Stahlsee, specifically. I don't know why you think this is a defense. You are still a Nazi according to your own very stupid metric, and even going by your backpedal stance you're accusing people of being fascists because they don't keep an exhaustive list of which YouTubers are and are not fascists.
Again, that is not a thing I say, that is a stupid thing you have decided to claim I said which is not related to the things I actually said. Look, I know you personally platform nazis so you want to defend the concept of platforming nazis, but at least try to address the things I actually said instead of making up a claim I didn't.

erik
King

Post by erik »

Just looking at the YouTube link I had no way of knowing this was nazi related and appeared to be about blizzard protest. If I’d shared it I’d be annoyed too at some dipshit calling me a nazi for doing so.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Kaelik wrote: Again, that is not a thing I say, that is a stupid thing you have decided to claim I said which is not related to the things I actually said.
I quoted you directly, dude. Your explicit statement was that even being aware of the Quartering's views implied endorsement of them, and your backpedal stance was that promoting any of the Quartering's views necessarily implied knowledge and endorsement of all of them. These are both dumb.
Look, I know you personally platform nazis so you want to defend the concept of platforming nazis,
So are you accusing CodeGlaze of being a Nazi? Because he's the guy I banned you for continuously antagonizing. The actual Nazi got banned before you did. There was an announcement and everything, but apparently you've decided to pretend that this went down exactly the opposite of how it actually did?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:I quoted you directly, dude. Your explicit statement was that even being aware of the Quartering's views implied endorsement of them, and your backpedal stance was that promoting any of the Quartering's views necessarily implied knowledge and endorsement of all of them. These are both dumb.
"Your explicit statement was ... ..... uh it implied!" Doesn't sound so explicit.

My explicit statement was that Stahlseele linking the video or knowing about the video was bad and then I'm generally upset about how many nazis (and truthfully, nazi defenders like you) there are on TGD these days.

My IMPLICIT statement was about Stahlseele specifically knowing specifically the Quartering's view on a distinct recent cultural issue and not you know, all human beings who share any possible trait with Stahlseele, almost like my statement was based on years of knowing Stahlseele and knowing things about him that differentiate him from any possible person and Stahlseele knowing recent events specifically like he keeps track of the guy. Which is why your "But aren't you the real racist for opposing racism?" bullshit is so disingenuous.

For example, if DSM had said "here is a video from some dumb shit racist talking about Hong Kong" I would not have assumed DSM is a nazi because UNLIKE Stahlseele I know that DSM is deeply ingrained in youtube politics and probably knows even the obscure nazi figures.

Stahlseele on the other hand has never demonstrated any significant knowledge of culture wars and passively adsorbs surface level youtube content. Making him seeing a video from the Quartering suggest that he is getting recommended videos from like minded figures and watching them. Almost like the "you" in the question was to refer to a specific individual who is different from all other individuals.

Not of course, that any of this matters to you, since you care not a single wit about being honest or actually understanding a point, since all you care about is hunting the internet for anyone who criticizes nazis and then diving in to let everyone know how anti-anti-nazi you are at every opportunity.
Chamomile wrote:So are you accusing CodeGlaze of being a Nazi? Because he's the guy I banned you for continuously antagonizing. The actual Nazi got banned before you did. There was an announcement and everything, but apparently you've decided to pretend that this went down exactly the opposite of how it actually did?
While there was more than one nazi (not even counting CodeGlaze) and you revealing you haven't banned the other one is funny, it's also hilarious that your go to is defending the guy who votes for the party of concentration camps as "not a nazi" which sort of gives the game away that you don't actually care that much about what people do as long as they aren't mean to nazis.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Kaelik wrote: "Your explicit statement was ... ..... uh it implied!" Doesn't sound so explicit.
"Aha! Your statement was delivered with unusual word choice! This is relevant because of...reasons." Claiming to be too stupid to parse slightly odd but perfectly clear diction is not a counterargument.
Which is why your "But aren't you the real racist for opposing racism?" bullshit is so disingenuous.
Quote the statement where I claimed you were "the real racist for opposing racism." I'll give you a hint: Your first thought is stupid and will convince nobody.
For example, if DSM had said "here is a video from some dumb shit racist talking about Hong Kong" I would not have assumed DSM is a nazi because UNLIKE Stahlseele I know that DSM is deeply ingrained in youtube politics and probably knows even the obscure nazi figures.
You're saying it like it's a counterpoint, but this is exactly what I was accusing you of in the first place? Your position that anyone who does not maintain an exhaustive list of YouTube fascists in order to recognize on-sight who they are even when they are not openly advancing right-wing policy is dumb. People are not automatically fascist just because they do not obsessively follow the online fascist movement. There are much, much better things to do with your time, especially if you want to actually effectively combat fascism, than posting YouTube comments on mid-tier channels. If getting angry at conservatives was something you really pursued as an obligation, you wouldn't be pursuing it so ineffectively. Insulting other people is just your hobby, everything else is a post-hoc excuse.
Not of course, that any of this matters to you, since you care not a single wit about being honest or actually understanding a point, since all you care about is hunting the internet for anyone who criticizes nazis and then diving in to let everyone know how anti-anti-nazi you are at every opportunity.
Dude, people asked me to ban you for weeks and instead I banned your opponent, and you still couldn't keep a fucking lid on your shitposting. None of the people who asked me to ban you were your direct opponents in any of your arguments. People didn't ask me to ban you because you're secretly surrounded by a vast conspiracy of closet Nazis. People asked me to ban you because you're a shitty person who's unpleasant to be around and uses a facade of political engagement to justify it. The insane rhetoric whereby everyone to the right of you on any issue for any reason is indistinguishable from actual Nazis is clearly counterproductive, and the idea that you are too stupid to understand why it's counterproductive to demand more and more internecine fractures within a coalition of people who broadly dislike and vote against the Republican party beggars belief. You don't care about fighting Nazis. Fuck, given the eagerness with which you set progressive social capital on fire in order to attack people with trivial policy disagreements, you would probably be upset if the concentration camps were shut down - it means you'd have to go dig up new excuses to pretend you've got a reason for being a petty, pedantic asshole all the time.

There are times when progressives as a movement need to spend social capital by doing things that upset people in order to advance good policy. Given that, the best thing you could do for the progressive movement is never speak again, because all any of your rhetoric has ever accomplished is waste social capital that could've been used to actually accomplish something.
it's also hilarious that your go to is defending the guy who votes for the party of concentration camps as "not a nazi"
You're trying to frame this like CodeGlaze voted for Republicans in the presidency or the Senate or whatever, but no, he voted for Republicans in bullshit downballot county-level seats. His position on federal-level Republicans is unambiguous opposition.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:Quote the statement where I claimed you were "the real racist for opposing racism."
Chamomile wrote:you would probably be upset if the concentration camps were shut down
Chamomile wrote:You're saying it like it's a counterpoint, but this is exactly what I was accusing you of in the first place? Your position that anyone who does not maintain an exhaustive list of YouTube fascists in order to recognize on-sight who they are even when they are not openly advancing right-wing policy is dumb.
Weird because right before this post you were saying that I was accusing anyone who does know who are fascists of being fascists.

But this complete 180 demonstrates my point, the people who I'm talking about being fascists are not in fact "anyone who doesn't know who is a fascist" or "anyone who does know who is a fascist" it's "anyone who posts fascists videos and says 'hmm this interesting and I am unaware or lying about whether this person is a fascist.'"
Chamomile wrote:Dude, people asked me to ban you for weeks and instead I banned your opponent, and you still couldn't keep a fucking lid on your shitposting.
"I have LOTS of people who think CNN is the Fox News of the Left and voting republican is good in my discord!" isn't doing the work you think it is.
The insane rhetoric whereby everyone to the right of you on any issue for any reason is indistinguishable from actual Nazis is clearly counterproductive,
"People who vote for the republican party and say that CNN is the left wing equivalent to Fox News" are not "everyone to the right of me on any issue."
You're trying to frame this like CodeGlaze voted for Republicans in the presidency or the Senate or whatever, but no, he voted for Republicans in bullshit downballot county-level seats. His position on federal-level Republicans is unambiguous opposition.
He has absolutely voted for federal level republicans and will continue to do so going forward, and you are delusion if you think his steadfast refusal to articulate a political position besides "I vote for the good candidates of all parties" while at the same time calling CNN the "Fox News of the Left" isn't an intentional method of avoiding admitting that obvious fact while he continues to vote for republican governors, senators, house members, state senators, and state house members.

Massachusetts has a republican governor, Maryland has a republican governor, so do New Hampshire and Vermont. They get those offices because of the legion of morons like CodeGlaze who vote for them because "my local republican is different!" and the much smaller subset of morons like you who actively defend that opinion as very good and important while you shit on anyone who criticizes it as "everyone to the right of you on any issue for any reason is indistinguishable from actual Nazis" in your desperate need to defend people who are actually nazis. "I only voted for my local good nazis" isn't a compelling defense.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Who shit in Kaelik's Cheerios this morning? Must be a slow day in the office or something. What a bizarre tirade to launch into.