Blizzard & China & related stuff

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Kaelik wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Quote the statement where I claimed you were "the real racist for opposing racism."
Chamomile wrote:you would probably be upset if the concentration camps were shut down
"Aha! If you take this sentence fragment out of context, it looks like an accusation of racism!"
Weird because right before this post you were saying that I was accusing anyone who does know who are fascists of being fascists.
Let's round up real quick how many times I've made it clear that you have taken two different positions in this argument, both of which are dumb:
Your explicit statement was that even being aware of the Quartering's views implied endorsement of them, and your backpedal stance was that promoting any of the Quartering's views necessarily implied knowledge and endorsement of all of them. These are both dumb.
You are still a Nazi according to your own very stupid metric, and even going by your backpedal stance you're accusing people of being fascists because they don't keep an exhaustive list of which YouTubers are and are not fascists.
This is apparently a conclusion you have come to only after your original post:
Three times. Four, counting this one.
the people who I'm talking about being fascists are not in fact "anyone who doesn't know who is a fascist" or "anyone who does know who is a fascist" it's "anyone who posts fascists videos and says 'hmm this interesting and I am unaware or lying about whether this person is a fascist.'"
What the Hell do you think the difference is between people who don't know which YouTuber are fascist and people who are unaware of which YouTubers are fascist? Those are synonyms.
"I have LOTS of people who think CNN is the Fox News of the Left and voting republican is good in my discord!" isn't doing the work you think it is.
Your inability to consider the possibility that the people who dislike you might not be your political opponents, that maybe it's just because you're an asshole, is not exactly shaking my confidence in my accusations that you don't care about politics except in that it serves as an excuse for being an asshole to people.
"People who vote for the republican party and say that CNN is the left wing equivalent to Fox News" are not "everyone to the right of me on any issue."
CodeGlaze has mentioned CNN zero times in my Discord, unless you count the time he pasted a link from cnn.com. The actual conversation you're referencing was about the Washington Post. Now, equating the Washington Post to FOX News is still dumb, but swapping out WaPo for CNN doesn't speak well to your ability to distinguish between "people who disagree with me for any reason" and "literal Nazis." You're only offering more evidence that you cluster everyone who disagrees with you as being maximally evil - which fits in snug with your stupid, unsupported accusation against Stahlsee that started this whole chain.
He has absolutely voted for federal level republicans and will continue to do so going forward,
So you think he's outright lying about his position, and is secretly an actual Nazi while publicly condemning Trump and the Republican Party in general. Let's go ahead and assume this is 100% true. How exactly do you anticipate yelling at him a month after he dropped the conversation would get him to change his behavior? What do you think banning him from my chat would do to prevent him from continuing to secretly vote Republican? Why do you think it is that the secret Nazi conspiracy that asked for you to be banned haven't said a word about either of the two people who reliably tell him he's dumb whenever he's brought up similar both sides bullshit since? My Discord has been just as reliable in telling people like CodeGlaze that they are wrong about a thing since you left, but also nobody ever sends me DMs asking anyone to be banned. What happened to the secret Nazi conspiracy working to get all left-wing voices banned?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:
"People who vote for the republican party and say that CNN is the left wing equivalent to Fox News" are not "everyone to the right of me on any issue."
CodeGlaze has mentioned CNN zero times in my Discord, unless you count the time he pasted a link from cnn.com. The actual conversation you're referencing was about the Washington Post. Now, equating the Washington Post to FOX News is still dumb, but swapping out WaPo for CNN doesn't speak well to your ability to distinguish between "people who disagree with me for any reason" and "literal Nazis." You're only offering more evidence that you cluster everyone who disagrees with you as being maximally evil - which fits in snug with your stupid, unsupported accusation against Stahlsee that started this whole chain.
Wow I didn't accurately remember which specific center right news source he called Fox News of the Left, boy, I guess that means he's not actually a right wing moron who votes for republicans and you aren't a fool who aggressively defends right wing morons.
So you think he's outright lying about his position, and is secretly an actual Nazi while publicly condemning Trump and the Republican Party in general.
No, I think he was telling the truth when he said he voted for republicans and refused to specify which ones, and never once claimed he never voted for federal republicans, but said he only voted for his "good republicans" but that you are delusional if you think people who talk like that don't vote for governors, state legislatures, house elections, and even senate elections under that argument.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

OgreBattle wrote:Most PRC nationalists I know of despise American liberals and see US conservatives as allies, like Trump was really popular and Hillary hated

you can check the PRC defense reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sino/ to see

I read an article that says China state media is ordered to no longer push the outrage articles against the NBA because the CCp realized it made them look dumb

BLITZchung got his money back! Still banned for 6 months but it shows that the boycottblizz thing works
Still hypocritical since the collegiate team had to forfeit just to prove a point. They were nowhere near a ban for any amount of time. 6 months is still too harsh of a punishment. Hell, people did some digging on that statement and found that it was probably at least edited by some of the Chinese branch because of the weird syntax of the statement.

Mei is becoming a symbol of resistance.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Kaelik wrote:
Wow I didn't accurately remember which specific center right news source he called Fox News of the Left,
Specifically, you misremembered him as calling a significantly more centrist news source the Fox News of the left, thus lending support to my accusation that you cluster all people who disagree with you as maximally conservative. Something that I brought up the first time. Notably, you are not even trying to address any other piece of evidence except for this one, because yes, taken on its own it's not super compelling, but it's not nothing, and in light of the fact that multiple people who had never directly argued with you all called for your ban, specifically, and yet not one person has called for the ban of anyone else who tells CodeGlaze he is wrong about things, very much suggests that the problem here is not that people dislike your politics, but that they dislike you.
No, I think he was telling the truth when he said he voted for republicans and refused to specify which ones, and never once claimed he never voted for federal republicans,
Technically true, but he did condemn federal-level Republicans in general (the exact words were "they've clearly driven off the cliff at the federal level"). It would be very strange if he continued voting for them unless you're going to accuse him of outright lying about his opinion of the Republican Party (I'm guessing he throws his vote away on third party candidates in presidential/congressional elections).

But notably, you have not even attempted to address the actual questions I posed in response: Let's assume you are 100% correct about him. How do you think being such an asshole about it that multiple people call for your ban - again, you, specifically, no one else, not even people who hold identical opinions and bring them up in the exact same context - actually benefits any progressive cause? What is the practical benefit to your shitting all over my chat the way you do over this forum? And what would be the practical benefit if I banned him from my chat? Are you imagining that if you just hurt his feelings bad enough with your keyboard warrior routine, he'll decide to vote straight-ticket Democrat in the privacy of the voting booth? Or that bystanders will be so scared of your ability to yell for a real long time that they'll change their voting habits? What is your stupid shit slinging supposed to accomplish, besides making my chat less pleasant? Because, sure, making things unpleasant is sometimes necessary to getting good policy passed, but I'm seeing the collateral and you've yet to even try to show me a political objective that could possibly have been accomplished along the way.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Can we not derail this thread talking about Kaelik's retarded comment?
Empirically, no.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Grek wrote:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:Can we not derail this thread talking about Kaelik's retarded comment?
Empirically, no.
I'm just happy I was able to make a contribution to human knowledge. In my defense, I didn't expect a one-line comment to really get paid attention to much at all. I made a new thread for it here.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:Specifically, you misremembered him as calling a significantly more centrist news source the Fox News of the left, thus lending support to my accusation that you cluster all people who disagree with you as maximally conservative.
"you correctly remembered the thrust of a year old conversation, and this proves that you.... think everyone is maximally conservative, somehow."
Chamomile wrote:Notably, you are not even trying to address any other piece of evidence except for this one,
I'm ignoring the parts that seem irrelevant because I'm not sure what your hypothetical legion of very good friends who definitely secretly DMed you about how much they hate me (which let me stress, I'm not saying you are lying, I'm saying I could not possibly care if you are) have to do with your very important desire to make sure everyone knows you are anti-anti-nazi.
Technically true,
I agree that it is technically true that you were incorrect in your claims about his voting statements. In a way that paints him in a much better light than reality.
but he did condemn federal-level Republicans in general (the exact words were "they've clearly driven off the cliff at the federal level"). It would be very strange if he continued voting for them
It would be very common for him to keep voting for the "good republicans" who he has supported in the past while agreeing that the "bad ones" he hasn't voted for are bad, and it would be EXTREMELY common for him to vote for more republicans in 2022 and 2024 after (falsely) believing that republicans have in any way reformed, like a bunch of people did in 2010 and 2012.
But notably, you have not even attempted to address the actual questions I posed in response:
Praxis seems like a little too big and divergent a topic to be worth trying to address in a thread about PRC censorship by capitalism in the west. But I suppose you could always read some books about it something if you are interested.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Kaelik please go to the other thread instead of this one for your personal argument.
Pariah Dog
Knight

Post by Pariah Dog »

Getting back on topic. Overhyped on the Switch launch events are being cancelled.

Seen some faked screenshots of new Blizzcon rules banning Winnie the Pooh paraphernalia and some unfounded rumors that the chat for the Streamed Blizzcon will be disabled.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Is it just a matter of their evil being totally transparent when you call attention to it?
Kinda, yeah. The NBA thing was news only because China got stuck closing the barn door after the cows already got loose. As authoritarian capitalists the current censorship strategy is to convince foreigners to self-censor their wrongthink before it be made available for Chinese consumption. Actually asking their citizens go without the products and entertainments they're accustomed to both messier and less profitable, so why do that when they can clean up the mess and extract promises that this will never happen again? It's not like China wants Nikes to be less popular.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bears fall, everyone dies
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Currently during Magic the gathering's Mythic Championship stream, a player, Lee Shi Tian, is wearing a scarf in solidarity for Hong Kong. Even his entrance to the featured table.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Now Blizzard did the same ban to the college team

https://kotaku.com/blizzard-gives-6-mon ... 1839103489

and Congress is getting involved:
https://kotaku.com/u-s-congress-members ... 1839172415
]
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

It's weird that that is the thing that brings the US government together in agreement, and not global warming or the guns and shootings or basically anything else. But that's a pretty bad look for Blizzard.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Blizzard looking so bad that Nintendo's dropped all the marketing for the new Overwatch release and even offering full refunds for that title.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Koumei wrote:It's weird that that is the thing that brings the US government together in agreement, and not global warming or the guns and shootings or basically anything else. But that's a pretty bad look for Blizzard.
It's what a dirty heel does in World Wrestling Entertainment. If it's not a story that would sell in the WWE, it's not a concern for real Americans.