Moments in Game Writing That Made You Go...

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Moments in Game Writing That Made You Go...

Post by Prak »

I sometimes get these moments that are either awesome great ideas I want to share, or realizations that make me sort of blue screen a moment, and it never seems quite right to post them in the Piece of Entertainment threads.

Incredibly Dystopian Cyberpunk Setting Thoughts
  • Capsule hotels that serve as apartments with neural VR integration. You plug into your pod, and you experience a real apartment. They are still shit and overpriced.
  • Cyberware with DRM. Steal a cyberarm from someone you killed in a shootout? Hope you get the license key, too. Pirated some skillware? Wow, it'd really suck if it prompted you to enter the license in the middle of a shootout.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Blade
Knight-Baron

Re: Moments in Game Writing That Made You Go...

Post by Blade »

Prak wrote: [*]Cyberware with DRM. Steal a cyberarm from someone you killed in a shootout? Hope you get the license key, too.[/list]
  • Cyberware with a mind of its own: Your new cyberarm has an autonomous software. It's cool because it can do a lot of stuff that you don't know how to do. But it also has a personality software. And this personality software has higher privilege on your arm than you do.
  • Cyberware with mind-controlling virus: Your new cyberware is connected to your Direct Neural Interface so that you can get diagnostic information and so that you can trigger some of its features. What you don't know is that it is has a personafix that takes control of your body at night.
Last edited by Blade on Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Hmm... so Cyberpunk 2020 had "werewolves" who just had cyber fangs and claws.

I really like your idea of mind-controlling cyberware to make actual cyber werewolves...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Capsule hotels that serve as apartments with neural VR integration. You plug into your pod, and you experience a real apartment. They are still shit and overpriced.
Who uses them in your setting?

Can you get VR BJ in them?