King

Death Stranding pee poo

Post by OgreBattle »

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I pee'd on a horrible squid monster:
https://twitter.com/HokutoAndy/status/1 ... 2074962946

It seemed to be in pain, but there's only so much pee that can be stored in one man
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

It's always a good thing when a man finds his purpose in life. I guess you've found yours.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I peed on a horrible lion monster, but I was knee deep in the tar and it swallowed me, pee and all
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Ok, this is starting to sound like a hilarious game.

I was already assuming that "Death Stranding, a Hideo Kojima game by Hideo Kojima" was going to be pure uncut weirdness and 20% jank and filler, both because of lack of editing (as it always is when artists are allowed to run wild), and all reviews so far point towards that being a correct assumption.
Suzerain
1st Level

Post by Suzerain »

Having been playing it myself, I've found it quite zen a lot of the time. Making deliveries in a desolate setting could be dull, but the encumbrance simulation aspects of it have made it an enjoyable challenge. The social aspects of the game are neat - a Souls-alike asymmetric multiplayer, but purely cooperative. It feels nice to just walk around and spray positive feedback all over everyone elses stuff.

It is, however, pure Kojima in that it's full of weird and dumb shit, some of which works, some of which doesn't. And, like David Lynch, he's either a hack or a genius to people, with no inbetween.

The product placement is just the worst though. Monster energy drinks in the post apocalypse? An ad for an AMC show while you're taking a shit? It's pure immersion breaking nonsense.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Kojima loves product placement, like any Hollywood hack director.
Have you seen the Death Stranding art exhibit with all the Kojima quotes about what game making REALLY is, man? It's pretentious to the point of parody.
Suzerain
1st Level

Post by Suzerain »

The cans of energy drink vanish after a certain point, to be replaced with... beer? At least it's an in-universe product that you had a hand in bringing about, but it's a bit odd for a stamina buffing item.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Suzerain wrote:
The product placement is just the worst though. Monster energy drinks in the post apocalypse? An ad for an AMC show while you're taking a shit? It's pure immersion breaking nonsense.
Chiral printers can only make inorganic stuff, so it makes sense the completely unnatural drink that is monster is the only one around.

The beer runs out unfortunately
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Vacationed in Bali, went snorkeling for the first time

So many experiences I did in real life recalled moments of Death Stranding

Hiking- I climbed Mt. Badur, the black rock under my feet and finding hot springs along the way

The black sand beach- just nice to stand at the shore of a vast beach and see a glaring red sunset

Coral- Floating above the coral felt just like the repatriation sequence of DS

DS seems like Hideo Kojima's beach vacation the game, I enjoy how well those experiences play out