Todays THE FUTURE IS NOW: AI makes better AI than humans!

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Skynet?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 7

Stahlseele
King

Todays THE FUTURE IS NOW: AI makes better AI than humans!

Post by Stahlseele »

https://futurism.com/google-artificial- ... -built-ai/

There is no way this can go wrong right . .
Even if the timetravelers from the future warnings about this get more and more desperate . .

Also:
I could have sworn we had a singular topic for stuff like this somewhere, but i can't seem to find it on the first 5 pages of topics in here . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Not Skynet per se, but AI building more efficient/effective AI is the surest harbinger of the Technological Singularity.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Blicero
Duke

Post by Blicero »

As far as I can tell, the paper that article is referencing is here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.07012

The researchers were able to automate the architecture engineering stage of a neural network design. That's totally neat, don't get me wrong. But we're still solidly in the Weak AI paradigm. The paper also found that their automated architecture engineering procedure was better than random architecture searching, but not by a huge margin.

So not quite Skynet.
Out beyond the hull, mucoid strings of non-baryonic matter streamed past like Christ's blood in the firmament.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

As a software developer, I've never been too worried about creating Skynet. I am more worried about automating myself out of a job. I suppose it would be fitting, given how many other jobs I've automated in my life.