The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Todays THE FUTURE IS NOW: AI makes better AI than humans!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Skynet?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
No
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Todays THE FUTURE IS NOW: AI makes better AI than humans! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://futurism.com/google-artificial-intelligence-built-ai/

There is no way this can go wrong right . .
Even if the timetravelers from the future warnings about this get more and more desperate . .

Also:
I could have sworn we had a singular topic for stuff like this somewhere, but i can't seem to find it on the first 5 pages of topics in here . .
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not Skynet per se, but AI building more efficient/effective AI is the surest harbinger of the Technological Singularity.
Blicero
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I can tell, the paper that article is referencing is here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.07012

The researchers were able to automate the architecture engineering stage of a neural network design. That's totally neat, don't get me wrong. But we're still solidly in the Weak AI paradigm. The paper also found that their automated architecture engineering procedure was better than random architecture searching, but not by a huge margin.

So not quite Skynet.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As a software developer, I've never been too worried about creating Skynet. I am more worried about automating myself out of a job. I suppose it would be fitting, given how many other jobs I've automated in my life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: