Todays THE FUTURE IS NOW: Artificial Muscle!

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Todays THE FUTURE IS NOW: Artificial Muscle!

Post by Stahlseele »

Lifts 1000 times own weight.
Is cheap and easy to make.

https://wyss.harvard.edu/artificial-mus ... perpowers/

So, this will probably mean leaps and bounds in robotics and industrial applications i guess.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Although I saw that article yesterday, I fully expected this to be a spam post.
-This space intentionally left blank
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

y?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

The topic forum looks like just about every fake product. I was thinking it would be a pill to make you stronger (instead of a pill to make your dong longer).
-This space intentionally left blank
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah, i see.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

K
King

Post by K »

I never expected that the Mechwarrior future was going to be the winner.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, I figured it was going to be either Shadowrun or SLA Industries (and so far we're getting all the bad side of Shadowrun without the "couple hours of work pays for overnight surgery to get robotic limbs").

And held out a faint hope for [anime of choice where humanity is wiped out by a catastrophe]
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Well, i LIKE Battletech . . but i do not think i want Mechs to stomp around and fighting Wars . . Even though we have Gausscannons, Lasers and Auto-Cannons and Missles. Only PPCs are missing as viable Weapons.

Maybe we'll get the Marvel Iron Man Armor Wars instead, with militaries making heavy use of Power-Armor/Exoskeletons instead.
That may limit the general devastation somewhat.

Or Warfare with X-COM Style Troopers. Probably not Battletech Elementals.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: