Big Damn Space Battles

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

MGuy
Prince

Big Damn Space Battles

Post by MGuy »

I bought Homeworld RM a long time ago and finally got around to playing it. It's probably the first game like it that I've played. That is, an RTS that focuses on space combat. I've no really even played a 4X game expressly in space. While I found Homeworld somewhat entertaining after playing through the campaigns for both the 1st and 2nd remade edition of the game I'm wondering if there's something better out there. I've been leaning toward getting Sins of a Solar Empire since that's the name that is at the top of my steam search and seems to be well liked but just in case I don't end up getting into it I'm seeking alternatives.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

Post by infected slut princess »

There is nothing better. Too bad, but Homeworld is really quite good.
Oh, then you are an idiot. Because infected slut princess has never posted anything worth reading at any time.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

Sins of a Solar Empire is fantastic. You might also enjoy the Galactic Civilizations trilogy or Egosoft's X series, depending on how your tastes run.

Link to X, since I can't get the BB code to work (above link is to the official forums):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(video_game_series)
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Stellaris does this at the moment.
They are actually trying to change the gameplay away from massive doomstacks of fleets duking it out.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Homeworld: Cataclysm is also pretty baller, the truth tru Homeworld 2 for me. But if you want a game that is actually all space combat with actual neutonion motion, get Children of a Dead Earth on Steam. Do it nao.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made