The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Big Damn Space Battles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Big Damn Space Battles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought Homeworld RM a long time ago and finally got around to playing it. It's probably the first game like it that I've played. That is, an RTS that focuses on space combat. I've no really even played a 4X game expressly in space. While I found Homeworld somewhat entertaining after playing through the campaigns for both the 1st and 2nd remade edition of the game I'm wondering if there's something better out there. I've been leaning toward getting Sins of a Solar Empire since that's the name that is at the top of my steam search and seems to be well liked but just in case I don't end up getting into it I'm seeking alternatives.
Finally a thread about fighters!
infected slut princess
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is nothing better. Too bad, but Homeworld is really quite good.
Zaranthan
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sins of a Solar Empire is fantastic. You might also enjoy the Galactic Civilizations trilogy or Egosoft's X series, depending on how your tastes run.

Link to X, since I can't get the BB code to work (above link is to the official forums):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_(video_game_series)

hyzmarca wrote:
A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stellaris does this at the moment.
They are actually trying to change the gameplay away from massive doomstacks of fleets duking it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> I Gave the Mouse a Cookie... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: