The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
AS Char Sheet v11 & Complicated Combat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: AS Char Sheet v11 & Complicated Combat Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I realized today that I made this back in april, but I haven't updated it since. I might as well post it since it's the most recent version of my attempts to shoehorn AS into a Retro/Stupid/Pretentious type game.

Some larger changes from AS's content: Universal Powers are now "Psychic"; as a means to make more clear the difference between them and sorceries. Lots of reshuffling and renaming of the creature types. Insertion of modified D&D 3e Knowledge skills to help give players an idea for Background skills. As well as general addition of clarifying "microtext" above most sub-sections to help new players understand both how to make a character and some ideas on how each sub-section is used for in gameplay.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

The bigger concern for me is how to manage "complicated" combat for an RSP emulating game. The best solution that I've been able to think of is some sort of "blind bid" wherein players spend (up to) their Edge in combat actions (strike, block, posture, grapple; weapons: heavy & light), with actions that have a direct edge negating actions bid against them (but I don't have a way to fit in weapons; possibly Light > Grapple/Strike; and Heavy > Posture/Block).[/spoiler]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: