Just sayin' hi

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael diSanto
NPC

Just sayin' hi

Post by Raphael diSanto »

Long time gamer of many forms, tabletop, video, board, blah blah blah. I'm sure y'all know the score.

Found this place because my friends (mostly my wife) decided they wanted me to fire up a Shadowrun campaign, and since it's been literally a decade since I played I was scouring the intertubes for info. We're running a pretty homebrew mix of concepts from 2nd through to 5th (ha) and refining it as we go.

So I'm refreshing my ancient memory on the sixth world, which leads me to the shadowrun wiki, which reminds me about Earthdawn, which reminds me that 22-yr old me though Blood Elves were the nastiest, most fantastic and most delicious concept ever, which makes me google "Earthdawn Blood Elves" which (via Google's Image search, because I was looking for the BE illustration in the original core book) brings me (believe it or not) to the OSSR for Earthdawn, right here on this very board.

(phew!)

That OSSR is pretty hilarious, by the way, even if I don't totally agree with everything said. I get the feeling that that's encouraged around here. By the way, what does OSSR stand for? Original System Scathing Review? Optimal Sarcasm and Scornful Remembrance? Outwardly Salty, Secretly Reverent?

Oh, I do have another question....... Exactly what fences is it that fbmf builds...... ?
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: Just sayin' hi

Post by fbmf »

Raphael diSanto wrote:
Oh, I do have another question....... Exactly what fences is it that fbmf builds...... ?
I last fence-built on the reg in 1997, which is coincidentally the year I registered my first email username as "fbmf". These days the only real fence-related work I do is in my own backyard repairing as needed.

Game On,
fbmf
Mord
Knight-Baron

Post by Mord »

OSSR: Old School Sourcebook Review
Raphael diSanto
NPC

Re: Just sayin' hi

Post by Raphael diSanto »

fbmf wrote:
Raphael diSanto wrote:
I last fence-built on the reg in 1997, which is coincidentally the year I registered my first email username as "fbmf". These days the only real fence-related work I do is in my own backyard repairing as needed.

Game On,
fbmf
on the reg?
mord wrote:OSSR: Old School Sourcebook Review
Aha, thank you! :)
This is not the sig you are looking for.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

On the reg = on a regular basis.

Game On,
fbmf