The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Shadowrun 4e: House Rules for Foci

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlangsdorf
Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Shadowrun 4e: House Rules for Foci Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I'm refining my group's house rules for SR4e, which at this point are a pretty extensive rewrite of the core rules (alt.War, EotM, etc).

Looking over foci, I have a couple of thoughts:
* Power foci are just bad for the game. They're boring and they encourage corpse looting (just for greyhawking, not for reuse). They're being house-ruled out.
* Sustaining foci are possibly bad for the game. The mage player likes them, because they're a power-up, but everyone else finds them a hassle. They make going through wards complicated and increase the risk of astral detection. They may get house-ruled out of the game.
* Weapon foci are okay. They should be open to everyone. We're house-ruling that non-Awakened can bond with weapon foci.

The other categories of foci are probably okay, though it's hard to get a good analysis because under standard rules, power foci are overwhelming better except for the one thing that sustaining foci do better.

Criticisms of the suggested house rules? Suggestions for a better implementation of foci that give mages something to spend their nuyen on but don't make mages stupidly powerful?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In My Humble Opinion... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: