The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Castlevania/Tsukihime Setting (with a 5e bouillon cube)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> It's My Own Invention...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What video games have you made into TTRPG campaigns?
Legend of Zelda
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Street Fighter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Doom / Duke Nukem
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Magic the Gathering / CCG du Jour
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Dark/Demon Souls or Bloodborne
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
He-Man or Transformers
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tetris / Witty Troll answer
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
How could you forget "Game ABC" you fuck!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Sir Aubergine
1st Level

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Castlevania/Tsukihime Setting (with a 5e bouillon cube) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Document

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Good morning fellow carpers. I have been scratching away at a Castlevania-esque campaign in my spare time. I am also a big fan of Melty Blood, so I thought I could crowbar in Arcueid and some of the hoary villains from the Tsukihime Universe (Fuck the self-insert main character though. Shiki can go pound sand on Arrakis for all I care Rolling Eyes) as allies of Dracula.

As of now I have been working almost exclusively on mechanics and 5e expansion material.

I am posting this on the very real chance that my old, wheezing computer gives up the ghost and bricks forever.

Feel free to shit all over my ideas and writing ability if it pleases you. (Just about everyone on this board is a smart cookie and knows TTRPGs better than I do.) Thumb Yellow
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know even less about TTRPGs, but I would like to kindly point out that He-Man and Transformers are poorly animated toy commercials cartoons, not video games.

And with that bit of pedantry out of the way, I will cease.

Sir Aubergine
1st Level

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrapnel wrote:
I know even less about TTRPGs, but I would like to kindly point out that He-Man and Transformers are poorly animated toy commercials cartoons, not video games.

And with that bit of pedantry out of the way, I will cease.

Right you are! You could also say that MTG and most CCGs (these days) have an online component, but calling them "video games" is a stretch. When I was making the poll, my first few ideas for TTRPG adaptations were video games. I added the title, then added extra choices, but forget that my poll question was no longer accurate.

However, your pedantry tax is to read my document and tell me what you thought about it! Tongue
Sir Aubergine
1st Level

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Queen, descend, I invoke you, fair one. Hail, hail, hail, Victory! Cool

I have added a new game mechanic called "Leitmotif." I think it will make sessions much more interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> It's My Own Invention... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: