The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Bizarre Crime Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Bizarre Crime Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tide laundry detergent becomes underworld currency.

Seriously, I thought it was April Fools when I read that. I was ready for Rod Sterling to walk in and start his spiel.
tussock
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to add something weirdly obscure to be amusing, but topping a story about an underground currency utilising laundry detergent is difficult.

Also, you guys can buy Heroin for $60? Lucky.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Bizarre Crime Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient History wrote:
Tide laundry detergent becomes underworld currency.

Seriously, I thought it was April Fools when I read that. I was ready for Rod Sterling to walk in and start his spiel.
I just heard about this this morning on the morning show I listen to. It looks like they had the same source as you (I remember that lame Grime Wave pun). I was hoping Snopes would have something to say on the matter, but I guess it's too new.

It seems kind of ridiculous, but so far, this is all I've heard on it.

Edit:
One person called into the show saying he works at a big-box store that had a sharp rise in Tide theft (always the huge pump bottles), but that doesn't mean he wasn't lying.

Last edited by RobbyPants on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drunk driving Amish youths run buggy into police cruiser.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldman Sachs sells its stake in sex trafficking site back to management. I actually had to look this one up to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but according to All-Wise Wikipedia "backpage.com" has a whopping 70% of prostitution advertising in the United States.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Male genitalia sewn on female sheep to avoid export restrictions.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forced to steal coffins.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Drug bust at retirement home reveals possible golf cart chop shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: