The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Trump Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if anyone here has ever read the Gift of Fear but every time I hear Trump speak I think about the book. The book talks about how most people can spot dangerous people but they convince themselves that they shouldn't be so judgmental. In any case, one of the things it talks about in some detail is how people who lie a lot also spend a lot of time saying 'I promise' and 'Believe me'. Because they know they're lying they have to really stress how much they're not.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whistleblower says Flynn promised Russia sanctions would be “ripped up”. He allegedly sent a text during the inaugural address saying the deal was good to go.
EightWave
NPC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RobbyPants wrote:
Voss wrote:
Does someone need to sit down with Donald and explain the concept of opposition means they won't vote his way?

Does he need a 70s era cartoon PSA about the basics of government?

I think he's still coping with the idea that the president has less power than he thought at the time of assuming the office. He probably feels ripped off at getting tricked into taking a job that's way harder than he originally assumed.
Honestly, he's probably more ticked off becoming president didn't force everyone who's ever made fun of him to apologize and send him fruit baskets saying how wrong they were to ever think he's not the greatest billionaire in the universe.
Stahlseele
King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/940311598945759237
WTF?
Trump wants manned missions to the moon to build a space station there? O.o
Pixels
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to imagine Congress giving NASA the money to make it happen.
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But giving the money to private billionaires? That's kinda their thing, lately.
tussock
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Donald Trump, living in the past, when coal was Amerca's power source, Jim Crow was just the law, China was communist, and sending people to the Moon was, like, the only way to actually land there and get anything back to earth to study it.

The man has just missed everything that happened since 1975. Also, he's not a smart man.
Thaluikhain
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

tussock wrote:
Donald Trump, living in the past, when coal was Amerca's power source, Jim Crow was just the law, China was communist, and sending people to the Moon was, like, the only way to actually land there and get anything back to earth to study it.

The man has just missed everything that happened since 1975. Also, he's not a smart man.

Or he knows his supporters want to hear that. Might not be the same thing.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump has been publically saying he won’t fire Mueller. After he obtained Trump’s transition team emails, rumor on the Hill is Trump will fire him on the 22nd after congress leaves for recess

Trump admiration lists words CDC is forbidden from using. The words are: “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”
maglag
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So in case you missed the memo, the Trump had threatened to cut monetary aid to countries that voted in the UN against the Trump's announcement that Jerusalem belongs to Israel.

Now the vote has gone through with only 9 countries standing for the Trump (counting the USA too). Place your bets on what the Trump will do now.

Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Be very sad and confused until he throws himself another party with a conga line of republicans fellating him for his 'inspiring leadership?'
maglag
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would've put my chips in raging on the Trump's twitter, but that sounds even more likely.

Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bannon is disillusioned by Trump's leadership style

Quote:
Bannon also told a friend in November that he believes his former boss has since "lost a step."
"He's like an 11-year-old child," Bannon joked, according to Vanity Fair.

Quote:
The article contends that starting with a call to an adviser in October, Bannon has considered running for president if Trump does not run for re-election in 2020. Bannon says privately that he gives Trump only about a 30% chance of lasting through his first presidential term, the article reported.

Quote:
A source who works for Bannon told CNN, "Steve Bannon is 100% not running for president."
Bannon appeared to concede that it's likely his campaign would not ultimately succeed, telling Vanity Fair, "I'm not a political operative," but instead, "I'm a revolutionary.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's interesting that Gannon seems to believe Trump will either be or not running again which seems hopeful for the latter and ominous sounding for the former. I have very little faith that the GOP proper will oust him seeing as though even the 'mavericks' seem to be going along with the right wing agenda despite their loud criticisms of Trump. I'm thinking that this is probably just a bid to keep his name coming up so that despite his losses he seems like a real big deal.
Finally a thread about fighters!
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, he's making nuclear threats over Twitter. Happy New Year!
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nuclear threats (in violation of the Twitter terms and conditions) that appear to also be "my ding-dong is bigger". He's not even ready to interact with regular adults in a normal, non-supervised manner.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bannon is calling Trump Jr's meeting with Russia unpatriotic and treasonous. He maintains that Trump Jr will "crack like an egg on national television" because of the investigation.

I'm curious if he's saying this with any inside knowledge, or if he's just stirring the pot because he's not happy how Trump has been handling things in the White House.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding the above post: Trump's lawyers sent Bannon a cease and desist, to stop him from saying disparaging things about Trump's family.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bannon's book likens the Trump campaign to The Producers, with the express desire to lose the election and walk away with added fame and money.

Certainly not surprising, but it is surprising to see it said openly.

Colbert says it better.
Zaranthan
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been saying it since I first heard he was running in the primaries. Every week he did something that, for any actual politician, would be the end of their career. But somehow, people kept fucking voting for him. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that he's as befuddled as the rest of us.

hyzmarca wrote:
A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaranthan wrote:
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that he's as befuddled as the rest of us.

Probably more so. If you can believe Michael Wolff, Trump is expressing senile dementia pretty hard. Like, doesn't-recognize-old-friends hard. Like, doesn't-remember-what-he-said-10-minutes-ago hard.
Wiseman
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which begs the question of why not just resign? It doesn't seem like he would care about the damage it would to to the republican party.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
maglag
Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Trump loves attention, and he figured out that being da democratically elected president of the USA brings him lots of attention.

Although the idea that there was never any true organization and the Trump simply won the election by accident is hilariously scary.

Last edited by maglag on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never mind his megalomania and narcissism. As president he has immunity from prosecution and pardon powers. You think he will willingly step down? Even if he every gets impeached or 25th amendment he isn’t going to go quietly.
Pixels
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiseman wrote:
Which begs the question of why not just resign? It doesn't seem like he would care about the damage it would to to the republican party.
Unlike the Producers, Trump didn't actually bet against his own win. Losing the election was calculated to be a net gain of wealth and prestige. Winning the election, unexpected as it was, happens to be an even bigger gain. So why pass the reins to another? He gets the glory and he gets to enrich himself in the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 51 of 55

Jump to: