The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Trump Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hicks
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be fair, I don't think Trump would do would not do [edit: autocorrect fail] a preemptive nuclear strike on north Korea. I do think he would invade and north Korea would then use what ever nuclear arsenal the possess which would be targeted at sites they could hit, South Korea and Japan, and maybe lob one or two hail mary's at Hawaii or California, and we'd retaliate with boomer subs in the sea of Japan. Missile interception is... well it isn't good. The best I've heard of are Nike interceptors, but there's no such thing as 100% interception, so missiles will slip through and cities will burn.

There's just no way a war with north Korea is gonna end without 3 maybe 4 countrys getting nuked.

I mean unless he is an absolute madman. If trump preemptivly nukes, that means other countries can't know about the attack or it might leak to North Korea, which means there is going to be a hot minute with missiles in the air on a trajectory to China and Russia, and that IS straight up the "WW3: We All Die In Nunclear Fire" edition.

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.

Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Last edited by Hicks on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Err, no, i think nowadays missle defecne and interception has actually gotten pretty damn good.
The only reason why nobody really believes that is because in the case of an actual planet wide scale thermonuclear war, 90% stopping of missles means 10% will get through. And with the arsenal of russia and usa alone each of their 10% is still enough to completely eradicate humanity from the face of the planet.
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

North Korea's nuclear weapons get a lot of attention but they're not the reason why war with them is a problem. They have sufficient artillery to destroy Seoul even if they've 'test detonated' all of their nuclear weapons and don't have any available (or otherwise lack a delivery method).

Invading North Korea isn't a great option because nobody wins that war, even if you were willing to accept millions dead.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not even just the millions dead. If war were declared, North Korea would level Seoul. And then the Americans and South Koreans would roll in and curbstomp the North Korean army, because despite the fact that they have hundreds of thousands of men under arms, those are mostly malnourished and scrawny dudes trying to keep military equipment from the 1960s working. So unless China or Russia decides World War III is in their best interest, North Korea rolls over...

...and then you're stuck with a country of millions of starving, uneducated, poverty stricken refugees, who will flee to South Korea and China, neither of which is equipped to handle them. That is the elephant in the room right there, because trying to rehabilitate a unified Korea will break the economy and probably millions of people are going to starve either way.
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And of course the warmongering idiot you lot elected only wants to do the war part of the deal and not the help rebuilding part.
Eikre
Knight

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, it'll all work out. Nobody is gonna flee the country after we institute Juche Ideals of Glorious Leader Trump. The North Koreans, identifying a comforting familiarity in the new regime, will rally behind Revolutionary Hero with Greatest Wisdom and Biggest Hands. All hail.

Okay, maybe some of them would flee. That's why we have to build a wall.
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.snopes.com/trump-pendejo-posters-puerto-rico/

Last edited by Ancient History on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If anyone is interested in reading the Steele Dossier, it's here.

If you don't know what the Steele Dossier is, it's opposition research on Trump financed by his Republican opposition during the primaries. The guy who put it together is Christopher Steele, the former head of British intelligence's Russia desk.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look, we have receipts on Trump raping his first wife and sexually assaulting ten other women. We have video of him praising fascists. We have his tweets casually threatening nuclear war.

As much as I am in favor of Trump getting impeached and ruining the fragile unity of the GOP, this Russia shit, even if the most outrageous claims are true ain't going to do anything. Clinton had an 8% swing in the Latinx vote against her to a man who called her constituency bums and rapists. At this point, you could have videotape of him and Putin peeing on an orphan wrapped in an American flag and it wouldn't meaningfully affect the balance of power.

I understand really, really hoping for a silver bullet -- especially one that doesn't require actors in the liberal-conservative consensus to change their commitments or ideology -- but everyone who wants Trump gone is wasting their time with this cloak and dagger shit.

Give it up already.
Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Thaluikhain
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele wrote:
Err, no, i think nowadays missle defecne and interception has actually gotten pretty damn good.
The only reason why nobody really believes that is because in the case of an actual planet wide scale thermonuclear war, 90% stopping of missles means 10% will get through. And with the arsenal of russia and usa alone each of their 10% is still enough to completely eradicate humanity from the face of the planet.

Hardly an expert, but from my understanding interception is "good", not that in it will stop most of the missiles, but "good" in that potential attackers will know that not all of their missiles will hit their targets. Those targets include ones you want to destroy to prevent retaliation, so it's safer to have a proxy war in the 3rd world instead.

Also, humanity wouldn't be eradicated, you only need to destroy countries, not people. It'd be the greatest disaster ever faced by humans, kill billions, set the clock back a few hundred years, but not kill everyone, most like.
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know... Peeing on the flag might be one thing the right actually cares about. But if they didn't get upset, I would just love to hear them justify peeing on it after they've bitched out Kaepernick so much.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it goes anything like the arguments on flag etiquette I've had with people they would mostly argue that it's "not a flag". Then accuse me of trying to ban the 4th of July.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

These people don't care about these kind of details. They chanted "Lock her up" over the emails thing with Hillary and are 'mysteriously' silent over Trumpsters doing the same thing. The Kapernick thing is more about black people pushing their political agenda (of not being shot/beaten by cops) into people's faces where they can see it. As long a Putin isn't protesting for BLM I doubt it'd generate anymore than a grumble.
Finally a thread about fighters!
tussock
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Kapernick thing is literally about black people getting uppity.

The POTUS is of the opinion they should be fired, immediately, for such things, because he is a racist shitbag, among all his other problems.

Also, paper towels? That seems like the most insulting thing you could possibly do to the victims of a major hurricane. Was he really saying, you know, it's just a bit of water, wipe it up? Because, the pictures are pretty clear about most of the local infrastructure being in ruins. Everything is broken, and he's ... lobbing paper towels to the audience? What?

Is it, I mean, usually I can be cynical enough to understand him, but is it really that he's saying their problems are not real problems and they just need a bit of elbow grease, to people watching back in the US? It is, isn't it. It's just, wow.

I'd be shocked, but then, I guess, the people there are basically Mexicans, IYKWIM.
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He wasn't saying anything with the paper towels. He is 'just' an idiot and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Trump is dumb and any dog whistles he uses or clever messages he might send are all likely written by someone else.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump is setting up to bypass Congress with an executive order for healthcare
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know what, exactly, the legal basis for this is? I've been hearing about it for a week now, but my understanding is that the ACA makes it illegal to sell insurance plans that don't provide the mandated forms of coverage and this is the White House saying "fuck you I'm signing an executive order allowing people to sell insurance plans that don't provide the mandated forms of coverage." It looks quite literally like it is just a repeal of Obamacare by fiat. Do they even have some flimsy ass 'wording' pretext like they did with their other lawsuit, or is it just blatantly "I sure am getting to appoint a lot of justices, sure would be a shame if they were to just rewrite all the legislation I don't like."

Last edited by DSMatticus on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The legals basis is, I suspect, Trump heard that other Presidents issued executive orders, so he wants one. A big one. Bigger than any other ever, because Trump.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Given how Trump completely fucked up the first Muslim ban, both logistically and legally, all signs point to an incompetent and desperate administration trying to use identity politics to hold together their fracturing coalition.
Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently there are discussions about what to do if Trump lunges for the nuclear football. My $0.02: If you have to have that discussion, the only other thing you should talk about afterwards is how to remove the guy from office.
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Trump said he wanted a tenfold increase in nukes, which would go against the disarmament treaties signed by pervious presidents. This is what prompted Tillerson to call Trump a fucking moron.

Trump screams 'fake news' and wants to yank NBC's broadcasting license
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So. It's been about a year. And something has really been bothering me, especially with the revelations for Harvey Weinstein.

Trump is a rapist. We have more proof that Trump is a rapist than Bill Cosby, who is also a rapist. I was positive that after the Hollywood tapes came out mid-October last year that Hillary Clinton was going to win.

This fucking country.

Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But... he's stated in public that he wants more nukes. Multiple times. Has he forgotten?
MGuy
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lago PARANOIA wrote:
So. It's been about a year. And something has really been bothering me, especially with the revelations for Harvey Weinstein.

Trump is a rapist. We have more proof that Trump is a rapist than Bill Cosby, who is also a rapist. I was positive that after the Hollywood tapes came out mid-October last year that Hillary Clinton was going to win.

This fucking country.
Hilary emails are more damming than actual rape.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Trump's spawn have apparently duplicated literally every email-related offense they accused Hillary of, I think we really have to amend all the 'but her emails' memes to 'but her.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: